Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Brady Guilty as charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

I get the feeling a lot of posters are disappointed at the verdict.

Not a lot, just a few very obvious who don't really know what they're talking about. Overall, if imagine the vast majority of the country are happy with the verdict and will be even happier when the rest are rounded up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And why? Very odd...

A killer taken off the streets...

And I’m not falling for the whole “unhappy because the verdict seems unsafe.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Welcome to social media and all the ailments that go with it.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

It is good that he had his days in court and received justice.
    Despite the forces faults we are lucky to have the gardai
    who put themselves in danger to protect us

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MrSanchez

Sorry not sure if I missed it but is there anything linking that scumbag Brady to the ira or Sinn Fein? Like any online posts or articles, I can’t find any atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Well the border area where I live in N. Louth is a much safer place with this piece of **** locked up. His gang have fled the coop too but will soon be picked up. Locals are absolutely delighted.

Exactly. There are thousands of decent people from Dundalk to Crossmaglen and all across the Cooleys. These people just want to lead decent lives and rear their families.Thugs like Brady and co have benefited from the border and an absence of proper policing over the years. Cooperation between the P.S.N.I. and the Garda played a big part in this investigation.

I hope when he gets out, President Brooklyn Beckham will have married his 18 wife Jardan Kardashian (gender unspecified and grandchild of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West).

Do we need old man Beckham with his finger on the button?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

bigpink wrote: »
    Is there major GAA involvement in helping this guy escape?

There is no GAA involvement in helping this guy escape.
    You might as well say that Aer Lingus were involved as they fly to New York, I also heard rumours that he was a member of Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You might as well say that Aer Lingus were involved as they fly to New York, I also heard rumours that he was a member of Netflix.

Omg carol baskin smuggled him out in a leopard skin

MrSanchez wrote: »
    Sorry not sure if I missed it but is there anything linking that scumbag Brady to the ira or Sinn Fein? Like any online posts or articles, I can’t find any atm

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/garda-killer-aaron-brady-gang-22510556

I think we can safely read between the lines and the reality that diesel laundering around the border is the remit of certain groups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

https://www.irishecho.com/2016/05/crossmaglen-reaches-across-the-atlantic/

Interesting trip from the club chairman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭pgj2015

it doesn't look great that a former coach from Crossmaglen Rangers spoke up for him in court in 2017, im sure it was well known in the area that he was the suspect in the cold blooded killing of a guard. imagine putting in a good word for a piece of dirt like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭neutral guy

If he could work for minimum wage 40 years he could have a lot more than he took that day.
    5 guys involved took 7K in cash what is less than mnimum wage incomes per month.
    He probably spent more for travel to USA than he took that day.
    The most common problem that those guys has serious problems with maths.

MrSanchez wrote: »
    If there was any hint of a subversive link he would have been sent to the Special Criminal Court for trial.
    Now that all the evidence of witness intimidation has come out his accomplices may not get the benefit of a jury trial though. The Special Criminal Court can used if the D.P.P. thinks the ordinary courts aren't suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

If he could work for minimum wage 40 years he could have a lot more than he took that day.
    5 guys involved took 7K in cash what is less than mnimum wage incomes per month.
    He probably spent more for travel to USA than he took that day.
    The most common problem that those guys has serious problems with maths.

What a mental way to look at it and then to articulate it so poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

timthumbni wrote: »
    I see the bit where they said he was a prodigious gAA player. What is the name of Sam maguire has that got to do with anything? The reference also said he was “reliable and trustworthy” though so I would take that whole glowing report with a large dose of salt. Is it supposed to try and sway favour with a GAA loving judge?

Prodigious? He couldn’t even make the local club team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Jizique wrote: »
    Prodigious? He couldn’t even make the local club team

and as if its that hard to get on an u 21 club team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

pgj2015 wrote: »
    and as if its that hard to get on an u 21 club team.

There's a normal U21 club team then there is the Crossmaglen machine.

I'd wager its pretty hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Not when the auld fella is chairman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Well, you'd be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It is over now. No amount of rants or whatever will change the verdict.

It was a great thing that this piece of scumbaggery was convicted. Thankfully. And hopefully his cohorts will be found eventually.

Great day for this country and justice for the murder of a Garda aswell. May Garda Donohue rest in peace now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Any comments here on the reports of witness intimidation?

]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

pgj2015 wrote: »
    it doesn't look great that a former coach from Crossmaglen Rangers spoke up for him in court in 2017, im sure it was well known in the area that he was the suspect in the cold blooded killing of a guard. imagine putting in a good word for a piece of dirt like that.

This is not reasonable, you had the same crap stated about Mickey Harte.

If someone asks me for a reference then I provide a factual reference stating the things that I know about, that is my duty to the court. It is not my duty to alter the facts of different events because I think you did a bad thing, quite the opposite. Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and let the court decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Nothing will change the verdict so what are people worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Nothing really much new from Prime Time.
    Thought it would have reviewed more of the evidence.

It did mention a fair bit about the other gang members though. Will be interesting to see when a move will be made to bring them in, if the evidence is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Didn’t seem to be any suggestion he was a dissident on Prime Time, more that there is a young generation of lawless scumbags around south Armagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

This is not reasonable, you had the same crap stated about Mickey Harte.

If someone asks me for a reference then I provide a factual reference stating the things that I know about, that is my duty to the court. It is not my duty to alter the facts of different events because I think you did a bad thing, quite the opposite. Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and let the court decide.

Really? You don’t have any duty to give a reference in the first place. It seems really strange that the reference would include how good a Gaa player they were. What relevance has that got to do with anything when up for a charge of car theft, violence, murder or rape for example? I’m not just referring to this case btw.

I know if I was asked to provide a character reference for someone charged and quite obviously guilty of a serious criminal offence I would decline to say well imo he was a lovely lad, great at the gaa, and very good at crosswords.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Didn’t seem to be any suggestion he was a dissident on Prime Time, more that there is a young generation of lawless scumbags around south Armagh.

Lawless? South Armagh? Next thing they will be saying that there is an issue with joyriding in republican west Belfast. Crazy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I'm worried about the appeal.

I applaud tbe verdict

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

He can appeal it. The evidence used to convict him is incredibly weak and now theres rumours of witnesses being coerced into giving statements.

I really hope they have the right scumbag behind bars for it and I hope if they do he doesn't manage to get it overturned on an appeal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement