Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Brady Guilty as charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MrSanchez

joeguevara wrote: »
    His defence was that he was otherwise engaged as he was laundering diesel. That in itself is linking him to a group/groups (without naming a particular one). You don't just launder diesel in south armagh independently.

I understand what you’re saying, so would that then mean all diesel launderers in the border counties are involved with Sinn Fein/PIRA or dissents?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Scoundrel wrote: »
    There is no connection between Brady and any republicans dissident or otherwise if there was the guards and media would be shouting it from the rooftops Brady would have had a non jury trial he'd be in Portlaoise the witnesses would have to be in some form of protective scheme etc etc

in that part of the world there is of course connections between serious level of criminality and republican crime gangs

the case probably should have been heard in the SCC given the witnesses intimidation that took place and hopefully the rest of the gang will be before the SCC before too long

be interesting to see if he goes onto the republican wing in portlaoise, hardly be surprised if he did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Read in the Irish Times that the police are monitoring other suspects in Boston. Wonder why they don't arrest them, maybe there just isn't enough evidence, but hopefully something will happen. Are there still a lot of young Irish people still going over to America, or is it solely the dregs? Brady was making huge money over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jesus Christ if it was proven the ira are involved there’ll be the biggest mass ejaculation in the history of boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Read in the Irish Times that the police are monitoring other suspects in Boston. Wonder why they don't arrest them, maybe there just isn't enough evidence, but hopefully something will happen. Are there still a lot of young Irish people still going over to America, or is it solely the dregs? Brady was making huge money over there.

What was he earning in NY? Was it construction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Still don't understand how all these "illegal Irish" can make great money in construction, drive Audis (without driving licenses), get married (Brady seems to have been a hit with the ladies despite being about 5 foot high and ugly as sin), have kids, buy apartments etc with nothing but a tourist visa that expired after two weeks.

I mean, do the IRS give a **** about these guys or are somehow illegal workers paying taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

begbysback wrote: »
    Should have know you’d still be posting here.

Was that the same evidence that another poster put forward on the thread, and was then questioned?

Nah, mostly this one - your first post on the thread.

Wasn’t really following the details of the case, had the actually got any evidence on this guy?

Something something arriving on thread with a conclusion something something.

And as for the messiah following you around thanking your posts,

Smells funny.... almost like diesel or something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Asus X540L wrote: »
    or are somehow illegal workers paying taxes?

A huge amount of them pay taxes, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

mynamejeff wrote: »
    in that part of the world there is of course connections between serious level of criminality and republican crime gangs

the case probably should have been heard in the SCC given the witnesses intimidation that took place and hopefully the rest of the gang will be before the SCC before too long

be interesting to see if he goes onto the republican wing in portlaoise, hardly be surprised if he did

Nonsense he's been in wheatfield since 2017 but Im sure you know better than the guards the psni and all the media surrounding this there is no republican connection to Aaron Brady whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

MrSanchez wrote: »
    I understand what you’re saying, so would that then mean all diesel launderers in the border counties are involved with Sinn Fein/PIRA or dissents?

From what I know it is usually one side or the other. You wouldn't have an independent operation. Please note that I am not saying anything about a recognised political party and whether there are connections there to laundering diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I wonder was he up to much crime in the U.S.?

Effects wrote: »
    A huge amount of them pay taxes, yes.

So it's pretty much a don't ask don't tell kind of thing?

America always needs construction workers I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

What was he earning in NY? Was it construction

Yeah construction. 60 odd dollars an hour according to the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

There is no connection between Brady and any republicans dissident or otherwise if there was the guards and media would be shouting it from the rooftops Brady would have had a non jury trial he'd be in Portlaoise the witnesses would have to be in some form of protective scheme etc etc

The lad was a well known fuel washer, of course there are dissident connections to Brady because nobody up there is allowed be involved in that activity without permission. Brady was up to his eyes in dissident activity but this particular crime was not sanctioned by the higher ups, it's as simple as that. If it was known to have been sanctioned then it would definitely be heard in the special. I'm surprised I'd wasn't heard in the special one way or another.

The lad was a well known fuel washer, of course there are dissident connections to Brady because nobody up there is allowed be involved in that activity without permission. Brady was up to his eyes in dissident activity but this particular crime was not sanctioned by the higher ups, it's as simple as that. If it was known to have been sanctioned then it would definitely be heard in the special. I'm surprised I'd wasn't heard in the special one way or another.

There good money to be made in diesel washing?

Any amount of it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

About 12.5% of all diesel in Ireland is believed to be laundered, so that would give an indication of how much its worth.

Still don't understand how all these "illegal Irish" can make great money in construction, drive Audis (without driving licenses), get married (Brady seems to have been a hit with the ladies despite being about 5 foot high and ugly as sin), have kids, buy apartments etc with nothing but a tourist visa that expired after two weeks.

I mean, do the IRS give a **** about these guys or are somehow illegal workers paying taxes?

Have driving licences, hold bank accounts, can get married, have children in schools, pay taxes.
    Pretty much the same as any legal workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

That's frankly nonsense these dissident organisations are tiny they have nothing like the reach you think they have plenty engage in this behaviour with no need for anyone's permission the dissidents might tax the likes of Brady or try to but that's as far as it would go.

If there was even a smell of dissident off him or his family and cronies it'd be all over the newspapers guards would have booted every republican door in the area the specials would be busy.

That's frankly nonsense these dissident organisations are tiny they have nothing like the reach you think they have plenty engage in this behaviour with no need for anyone's permission the dissidents might tax the likes of Brady or try to but that's as far as it would go.

If there was even a smell of dissident off him or his family and cronies it'd be all over the newspapers guards would have booted every republican door in the area the specials would be busy.

Whatever you say Scoundrel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Nah, mostly this one - your first post on the thread.

Something something arriving on thread with a conclusion something something.

And as for the messiah following you around thanking your posts,

Smells funny.... almost like diesel or something

I don’t really have the psychological qualifications necessary to help you, but one piece of advice may assist you when navigating exchanges on boards, that is when a poster asks a question then this usually indicates a conclusion has not yet been arrived at. Good luck, you’re gonna need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I don’t really have the psychological qualifications necessary to help you, but one piece of advice may assist you when navigating exchanges on boards, that is when a poster asks a question then this usually indicates a conclusion has not yet been arrived at. Good luck, you’re gonna need it.

Is that personal abuse there Francis? Careful, they don't stand for that around here. A master debater like yourself would surely be aware of that by now.

The 'conclusion' comment was in jest of one of your own posts actually, you should have a read back - In hindsight they don't look great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

About 12.5% of all diesel in Ireland is believed to be laundered, so that would give an indication of how much its worth.

Dont go there Bambi, that is part of the payoff of the Good Friday Agreement. The military activity has gone way but there is a thriving criminal activity ..... I mean fund raising, like cake sales and Bingo nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Good Lord, the level of posting intelligence here is something else.

Get over it, he's going down for killing a Garda, end of.

Nicola talent gives a good account on Dunphys podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It was never near that figure. And with new dye technology it has been mostly wiped out now.

The infamous 12.5% comment was exaggerated bs by the hysterical media. It was based on the the 24/7 capacity of "estimated" fuel laundering plants.

Sort of like the "street value" figure of drugs that are found.

Looks we’ve run out of things to talk about

So what way would the next charges go , are they capital crimes? I think the getaway driver falls under capital crime as direct help for the shooter?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leovaradkar

Are two of the suspects not inside already? One in the republic and the other recently arrested and locked up in the north.

• Advertisement

did they not try to prosecute anyone else before the shooter because it might help the shooter to get off if his lawyers can watch a trial on the robbery?

You're not too far off the mark

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement