Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Brady Guilty as charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

the secret society in the border area , amongst the youth , is a result of growing up through years , of hearing the stories of the previous generations and they look up to those guys as a type of martyr , and want to follow in their foot steps but be better .

admiration it is by the youths of there elders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

begbysback wrote: »
    You might need a break from the internet today sir.

I remember Enda Kenny said at an FG dinner party for the fatihful. "Wouldnt it be great if we could just microchip Travellers like dogs". It got a round of applause many years ago.

Now to day with all the apps, Chelsea Manning, Julian Assange, Edward Snowdon, wikileaks and Brietbart nothing has been learned. They dont just monitor your phone calls and texts, they know where you shop, who you interact with, what news stories you read and what images your eyes hover over. They know how fast you walk what routes you took and how much you spend.

Give me the microchip anyday. Where is your mobile phone now? I bet it is never more than 3 feet away from you. If not then you deserve one of those google home or Amazon echo.

Edgware wrote: »
    The cities are different. All the main supergrasses and paid informers in the paramilitaries on both sides were city heads either Belfast or Derry. They have no loyalty except to their pocket.

Super grasses are a thing of the past, why would you need them when you have a mobile phone constantly transmitting data. Cost effective and more reliable too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Super grasses are a thing of the past, why would you need them when you have a mobile phone constantly transmitting data. Cost effective and more reliable too!
    Once the Diplock courts stopped accepting supergrass evidence they were finished. But the supergrasses served their purpose by creating informer paranoia throughout the paramilitaries, got lads rounded up and held in custody pending trial and also provided a lot of names to the security services that could be followed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

begbysback wrote: »
    You might need a break from the internet today sir.

Why? What have I posted that is inaccurate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Just on the news there another nordie gang rammed guarda cards around Dundalk.
    Robbed somewhere in Lisburn.
    20 somethings. Sounds like another gang of Aaron Bradies

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Just on the news there another nordie gang rammed guarda cards around Dundalk.
    Robbed somewhere in Lisburn.
    20 somethings. Sounds like another gang of Aaron Bradies

How do you know they were Nordies? Was it not a southern reg focus they were in?

Edgware wrote: »
    Once the Diplock courts stopped accepting supergrass evidence they were finished. But the supergrasses served their purpose by creating informer paranoia throughout the paramilitaries, got lads rounded up and held in custody pending trial and also provided a lot of names to the security services that could be followed up.

Beautiful psychological weapon. You dont understand who you are working for and to what agenda. You dont know if your superiors or subordinates are going to betray you to preserve their place or to move up the ladder without having worry about the RUC/MI5/British army breaking down you door. Imagine carrying that around in your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I remember Enda Kenny said at an FG dinner party for the fatihful. "Wouldnt it be great if we could just microchip Travellers like dogs". It got a round of applause many years ago.

Not true and I think you know it.

markodaly wrote: »
    Not true and I think you know it.

It seems to be removed from the internet under Data protection, but I remember it being brought up several times.

Once you read this article it is not a big skip and a jump to imagining him saying it:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/loose-talk-black-day-for-enda-1.1094703

They have a particular grá for travellers in Castlebar from what I hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Was there any good prime time shows or documentary about this murder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

It seems to be removed from the internet under Data protection, but I remember it being brought up several times.

Once you read this article it is not a big skip and a jump to imagining him saying it:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/loose-talk-black-day-for-enda-1.1094703

They have a particular grá for travellers in Castlebar from what I hear.

Oh, is this another one of your tall Walter Mitty type tales about being in the 'know'?

Just admit you are wrong on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

I haven't read all 60-odd pages, so apologies if this has been asked already, but I was hoping someone could clarify for me, as I'm far from knowledgeable on criminal law.

I (possibly mistakenly) got the impression that Brady was convicted of capital murder, but it wasn't found that he specifically had pulled the trigger as such, but rather there was clear evidence that he was involved with the whole event, and so he was culpable for the murder even if it wasn't him who actually fired the weapon.

Have I picked this up correctly, and if so, would that mean that should the other scrotes involved be brought to justice that they too could potentially be convicted for capital murder, without the courts being required to prove which one of them actually fired the weapon?

markodaly wrote: »
    Oh, is this another one of your tall Walter Mitty type tales about being in the 'know'?

Just admit you are wrong on this one.

Nope it used to be reported in the Irish media every time there was a traveller issue. Of course now it has been gloss over with "Recognition of Travellers as an Ethnic minority." I bet that fuppin' galled him to the bone. BTW, was never a member of FG or any political party so not claiming inside information.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    I haven't read all 60-odd pages, so apologies if this has been asked already, but I was hoping someone could clarify for me, as I'm far from knowledgeable on criminal law.

I (possibly mistakenly) got the impression that Brady was convicted of capital murder, but it wasn't found that he specifically had pulled the trigger as such, but rather there was clear evidence that he was involved with the whole event, and so he was culpable for the murder even if it wasn't him who actually fired the weapon.

Have I picked this up correctly, and if so, would that mean that should the other scrotes involved be brought to justice that they too could potentially be convicted for capital murder, without the courts being required to prove which one of them actually fired the weapon?

There is no Capital murder in Ireland anymore. Despite the media calling it Capital Murder. Capital murder is murder that may be punished by death we dont have that in Ireland.
    Like any other murder case you dont have to be the "killer" to be found guilty in Ireland. If convicted the others will face same sentence as Brady

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

There is no Capital murder in Ireland anymore. Despite the media calling it Capital Murder. Capital murder is murder that may be punished by death we dont have that in Ireland.
    Like any other murder case you dont have to be the "killer" to be found guilty in Ireland. If convicted the others will face same sentence as Brady

I'm aware we don't have a death sentence in Ireland any more, but the crime which Brady was convicted of holds a different sentence to that of a regular murder conviction. Is it not the case that the death sentence that would be given is commuted to a 40 year minimum prison sentence, but the actual conviction is still for Capital Murder?

Again, first to admit that my knowledge of the intricacies of law is lacking, so I'm not trying to correct anyone, rather just trying to build my own understanding. I appreciate the clarification on any further people on trial for the crime also.

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    I'm aware we don't have a death sentence in Ireland any more, but the crime which Brady was convicted of holds a different sentence to that of a regular murder conviction. Is it not the case that the death sentence that would be given is commuted to a 40 year minimum prison sentence, but the actual conviction is still for Capital Murder?

I think it is the "Death Penalty" has been removed. This was always in the state until it was removed by a European treaty. I am not sure if it has been enacted in 60 years. Capital murder is reserved for murdering a member of the Gardai or the defence forces. Equally the IRA own regulations No. 8 state they shall not kill a member of the Irish security forces. This sort of kept them both safe from eachother to a large extent. In the situation of a stand off I would expect both to stand down and withdraw. I am aware there have been incidents in the past but largely it has been respected. Incidents like Jerry McCabe and others would escalate the full time arming of Police which nobody wants. It encourages everyone to get guns.

Now you do murder today, by and large you bargain it down to manslaughter and then to 7 years and out in 4 with good behaviour and home for tea and medal before you know it. Not even time to study for a decent degree. Whats the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭pgj2015

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/garda-killer-aaron-brady-probed-22752071

Look what rat face was up to. I hope he gets a few more years for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

prison really need cell phone blockers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

what they really really need is gallows

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

mynamejeff wrote: »
    what they really really need is gallows

Gallows after few years hard labour with the bare amount to eat .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

The most ridiculous thing is the rules of evidence which prevent this being brought to the attention of the jury in the original trial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

prison really need cell phone blockers

That'll never happen too much intel to be gained by letting them have phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Gallows to easy for this type, throw them in solitary confinement gulag style

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Prison is way to good for these absolute filth bags ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Prison is way to good for these absolute filth bags ....

Too right ,?the prick left a wife without a husband and 2 small kids without a father for few measly pound .
    The think ***** couldn’t even check to see had they the money, left it behind them in another car .
    Acting a scene out from the film heat I’d be thinking mental retards . A prison cell with hungry rats would be my choice for him and his cronies

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Four people arrested for questioning in connection with witness intimidation in the murder investigation. Great to see.
    Hope they have the right people because the intimidation of witnesses in this case was scary and an attack on justice itself.

Four people arrested for questioning in connection with witness intimidation in the murder investigation. Great to see.
    Hope they have the right people because the intimidation of witnesses in this case was scary and an attack on justice itself.

Surely his sister,wife and father will be charged with the same offence at some stage. Scumbags...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Terrible stuff altogether. Bet this is all Dissident Republican stuff.

What is their motive?

• Advertisement

Terrible stuff altogether. Bet this is all Dissident Republican stuff.

What is their motive?

Wouldnt be so sure they are Republicans. Some of the papers said around the time the trial was on an armed robber from Dublin was using his associates to intimidate witnesses on Bradys behalf. A Twitter page named the armed robber as Dean Byrne who done the horrendous robbery on the Tipperary family few years back. Brady must have had money behind him to pay these lads to get associates working for them after witnesses. Could be linked to this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement