Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Brady Guilty as charged

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

brady is a murder , nothing more ,
    and to close this thread and forget about him , is the best thing that could be done , cast him to history .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

kravmaga wrote: »
    Im surprised that they did not revoke the Visa with the US Embassy here in Dublin. Seems strange that Brady was allowed to stay so long in the USA.

Sometimes you have to be patient to get your quarry. If you ruffle the nest the startled bird will fly away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,357 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Everybody saying he will not get remission seems to be unaware of the Supreme Court decision from a while back

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20237383.html

He'll be out in 30 I'm afraid :(

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Everybody saying he will not get remission seems to be unaware of the Supreme Court decision from a while back

Thanks for this..

So, could be out in 30 years..

He should have been made serve his 14 years sentence consecutive to the 40 years. That would see him serve at least 40....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

this isn't the case here with Brady.
    That lad was sentenced to death and the president commuted it to the 40.
    Brady got a different sentence. He'll do the 40 unless something extraordinary happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Just on the news. Kealan Harrington.

Ex Irish army, naval service and French foreign legion according to his website!

According to his website, all false afaik, his long runs involved the start, jumping in a car and jumping out a few places along the road to be seen and again near the finish, he then ran off to Australia with the money raised for charity, to appear on TV last night leaving alot of people saying wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,131 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

pgj2015 wrote: »
    imagine facing into 40 years in prison, lol delighted for him.

i could not imagine that ....it's death row essentially . that' s what happpens when your number1 gangster!

Dunno if that's a movie quote or something :) but he's not a no.1 gangster, he's an idiot who killed a garda for 7k then went boasting about it.

Scrap the cap!

paw patrol wrote: »
    this isn't the case here with Brady.
    That lad was sentenced to death and the president commuted it to the 40.
    Brady got a different sentence. He'll do the 40 unless something extraordinary happens.

Hope you're right but if the highest penalty short of hanging - a commuted death sentence - gets remission then it's hard to see how anyone else won't. Assuming he's a good little boy while inside that is...

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Am I right in saying Brady was convicted almost entirely on his ramblings while drunk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭pgj2015

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Am I right in saying Brady was convicted almost entirely on his ramblings while drunk?

No you most certainly are not right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yes.

I hate these ignorant lazy ass analyses you get from people who read a couple bits and bobs and suddenly they have solved these complicated and detailed cases that our justice system try!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Am not sure how you could be more wrong without saying Barney the Dinosaur is An Taoiseach.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Am not sure how you could be more wrong without saying Barney the Dinosaur is An Taoiseach.

Ok, could you give me a quick summary of the evidence that convicted Brady?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Just on the news. Kealan Harrington.

Ex Irish army, naval service and French foreign legion according to his website!

A total spoofer, has is own page on facebook and YouTube going the ultra mile. He's not well received in his hometown and was questioned on charity work he did. What he's doing with this gang is beyond me, but it's not out of the goodness of his heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Fair old attack on Paul Reynolds here, by Gemma and Brady family supporters.

https://twitter.com/Orlaodo/status/1316414741544402944?s=20

subhuman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

jamesbere wrote: »
    A total spoofer, has is own page on facebook and YouTube going the ultra mile. He's not well received in his hometown and was questioned on charity work he did. What he's doing with this gang is beyond me, but it's not out of the goodness of his heart.

A deluded fantasist. A Walter Mitty.

A deluded fantasist. A Walter Mitty.

Is Gemma single?

Their eyes met across a crowd of scumbags and..........they just knew...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I think it copper fastened the case. Without that evidence the case would be weaker and he could have gotten off or never made trial.

But there was other evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ok, could you give me a quick summary of the evidence that convicted Brady?

The trial took 122 days, and you want a 3-line summary?

Why don't you do a bit of research yourself instead of making lazy stupid assumptions?

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Why don't you do a bit of research yourself instead of making lazy stupid assumptions?

Or just look at his family and friends outside Court if you prefer lazy assumptions

I have.....no sympathy for Brady....it just seems a very weak case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I was curious to see their website, but www.justice4aaronbrady.com doesn't work. Did it ever work?

I have.....no sympathy for Brady....it just seems a very weak case.

But you admit you know practically nothing about the case!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Not looking for any summary on the Brady case or anything but does anyone know why Gemma and her merry band are getting involved? I thought she was more concerned with being racist and anti-public health. I see people saying she just wants to protest against everything and anything but there must be some reason, stupid as it probably is, for her to be getting involved here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

budgemook wrote: »
    Not looking for any summary on the Brady case or anything but does anyone know why Gemma and her merry band are getting involved? I thought she was more concerned with being racist and anti-public health. I see people saying she just wants to protest against everything and anything but there must be some reason, stupid as it probably is, for her to be getting involved here.

Attention

But you admit you know practically nothing about the case!! :rolleyes:

Have being following it.......
    It there any hard evidence that Brady was at the scene that night let alone pulled the trigger?

Have being following it.......
    It there any hard evidence that Brady was at the scene that night let alone pulled the trigger?

I don't know as it happens. I didn't sit through the whole trial.

But there was enough evidence to satisfy a jury to convict him. There doesn't have to be a smoking gun to get a conviction. And he doesn't have to have pulled the trigger to get convicted for murder.

Do some research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Truthvader wrote: »
    Is Gemma single?

Their eyes met across a crowd of scumbags and..........they just knew...........

A jaysus, if they have a child (antichrist) it will surely signal the end of days :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

A jaysus, if they have a child (antichrist) it will surely signal the end of days :eek:

She'll push no pram comes to mind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement