Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Brady Guilty as charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

salmocab wrote: »
    Attention

Ah yeah I know what you're saying but surely there's more to it. Like, there's are very lengthly arguments for her other crusades (which I think are all bull**** of course) - she usually has a long argument for things she protests against.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Have being following it.......
    It there any hard evidence that Brady was at the scene that night let alone pulled the trigger?

proven in court before a jury with out room for reasonable doubt

in spite of
    taking counter surveillance precautions
    lies from friends and family
    protection by a certain section of the community political and sporting in south armagh
    fleeing to America
    the best legal defence paid for by you and me
    intimidation of witnesses
    smearing of witnesses

but you know better right ? with out bothering to know anything or research the trial

fcuker is guilty of capital murder and should be destroyed along with every one else who was there that day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

A jaysus, if they have a child (antichrist) it will surely signal the end of days :eek:

Her husband passed away a few years back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

IRE60 wrote: »
    Her husband passed away a few years back

Would u blame him , probably faked his death

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

mynamejeff wrote: »
    proven in court before a jury with out room for reasonable doubt

in spite of
    taking counter surveillance precautions
    lies from friends and family
    protection by a certain section of the community political and sporting in south armagh
    fleeing to America
    the best legal defence paid for by you and me
    intimidation of witnesses
    smearing of witnesses

but you know better right ? with out bothering to know anything or research the trial

fcuker is guilty of capital murder and should be destroyed along with every one else who was there that day

You have skillfully avoided answering my question though...................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Everybody saying he will not get remission seems to be unaware of the Supreme Court decision from a while back

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20237383.html

He'll be out in 30 I'm afraid :(

Yeah I remember this case there were 2 other fellas in for capital murder at the time as well and were freed straight away after this judgement after doing 33 years Thomas Pringles father was convicted and later exonerated of it.

As an aside can Bradys accomplices also be charged with murder given that Callan got done even though it was known he didn't shoot the gard?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I was curious to see their website, but www.justice4aaronbrady.com doesn't work. Did it ever work?

Worked last night ... Not much in it really , abuse of process , there was dna evidence from the scene but it didn't link to brady .. and they don't know who it does link to ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

Why should anyone have to answer your question? Do you think anyone here has access to some info that you dont? That they heard about some key piece of info that no one else knows about?

If you want to know about the evidence, go and google it.

Otherwise stop with the posts like "It seems a very weak case". A jury of 12 people didnt think it was weak. In fact they thought it was so strong that they were able to decide he was guilty.

Its transparent as hell what you are trying to do, your posts arent that clever

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Try reading the first 10 or 20 pages of this thread. The whole "but was there any real evidence" thing was done to death before.

Or do some proper research yourself. But you won't, will you?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Try reading the first 10 or 20 pages of this thread. The whole "but was there any real evidence" thing was done to death before.

Or do some proper research yourself. But you won't, will you?

I’ve been googling and researching till I’m blue in the face but can’t find any hard evidence that Brady was at the scene that night..........let’s just leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I’ve been googling and researching till I’m blue in the face but can’t find any hard evidence that Brady was at the scene that night..........let’s just leave it at that.

But there doesn't actually need to have been, do you not understand that?

Like I say this has been done to absolute death already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

no I haven't

you are just too lazy to go and find out for your self

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Lock him up and throw the key away.
    That's all the justice that scumbag deserves.

(I'm hearing the tune to Lanigan's Ball in my head.....:))

• Registered Users Posts: 56,286 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Give over..

You’re the type that wants a video and detailed confession here..

There was plenty evidence all tied up and joined that showed Brady was guilty of this horrendous crime..

Kind of pointless trying explain to you that to be convicted of murder, the state does not have to have videos, confessions, smoking guns...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Evidence:

In total, five people who had given statements to gardaí failed to show up in court or told the prosecution that their original statements were inaccurate.

Another potential witness, a friend of Aaron Brady’s, originally provided an alibi for him but later retracted it and then did not come to court.

Molly Staunton, who told the trial that she heard Brady admit that he “shot a cop”, received a death threat on Snapchat within hours of completing her testimony.

Daniel Cahill (28) was cross examined for several days about his testimony in which he said that he heard Brady admit to shooting a garda on three occasions in New York. Cahill felt that Brady wasn’t drunk (the third time) and was “owning that he had done something or was capable of something, like we should look at him in a different manner.”

“I’m the most feared gangster in Ireland,” he’d say. “I shot a cop.” Or in his drunkenness he’d lament, “you don’t know what it’s like to do the things I’ve done.”

Brady’s involvement in the robbery at Lordship was established through circumstantial evidence that showed he was involved in stealing the Volkswagen Passat used in the robbery and that his activities at the time of the raid on Lordship were at least suspicious.

Brady accepted that he had lied in that statement but insisted he only lied to hide his involvement in diesel laundering. The diesel laundering alibi was first submitted to the prosecution in September last year, more than six years after Brady’s initial untrue accounts and when his trial was due to go ahead about two weeks later.

Among the evidence put forward by the prosecution was the fact that two phones belonging to Brady and phones belonging to Suspect A and Suspect B were active until about one hour before the robbery, when they went completely silent. The raiders had used walkie-talkies to avoid being traced by their phones. The three men’s phones remained inactive for about one hour after the robbery.

The circumstantial evidence was bolstered by Brady’s lies, his failure to properly account for his movements around the time of the robbery and a number of other suspicious matters that, as prosecution counsel Lorcan Staines SC said, on their own would amount to nothing, but when put alongside all the other evidence, proved that Brady was guilty.

Witness Douglas Hughes linked Brady indirectly to the site where the Volkswagen Passat was burned out.

There was also the alleged scoping exercise where Suspect A’s car was captured on CCTV driving past Lordship Credit Union a few hours before the raid with the passenger side window down. Brady insisted it was not a scoping exercise but the prosecution questioned why Suspect A drove past his own home, past one service station and past Lordship, then pulled into another service station that overlooks the credit union simply to buy a bottle of water before returning past Lordship with the window down. The prosecution asked why he didn’t just stop at the first service station, and why have the window down on a wet and stormy day?

The burn site, off a remote country lane in south Armagh, was also used six months earlier as a dump site for laundered diesel by someone driving a van that Brady is known to have driven.

Counsel asked the jury to consider the further coincidence that Brady, Suspect A, Suspect B and Suspect A’s brother “fled to all corners of the world” shortly after the shooting.

It would, counsel said, also have to be coincidence that Daniel Cahill and Molly Staunton said that Brady had confessed to shooting a garda in the course of a robbery while he lived in America.

A detailed summation of the case from both a prosecution and defense perspective can be seen here

https://www.thejournal.ie/aaron-brady-adrian-donohue-murder-trial-5173918-Aug2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I still can't get over the fact that they all had their phones with them even if they switched them off. Why didn't they just leave them switched on at home then it would look like that's where they were. Not exactly master criminals or seasoned "veterans" typical of South Armagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Imagine thinking you could use Google to find evidence in a complex murder trial!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,334 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I’ve been googling...

The Four Courts called, they need you down there as soon as possible.

The facts are there for all to see.....Brady was convicted on his drunken ramblings in the USA.....They would never have got him otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I’ve been googling and researching till I’m blue in the face but can’t find any hard evidence ...
    :pac::pac::pac: Priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,286 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The facts are there for all to see.....Brady was convicted on his drunken ramblings in the USA.....They would never have got him otherwise

Yes. A confession...

And drunk or not, still part of the evidence...

Were you present during his “ramblings?”

• Registered Users Posts: 23,750 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Didya get the justice website shíte up running again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I wonder how the rodent faced cop killer is settling in in his new home? Only a mere 14,080 nights to go before he can sample a day of freedom without the stinking surrounds of his claustraphobic cell. 14,080 long, lonely nights. For a measley few grand? What a criminal mastermind we have here. IQ levels in single digits. Sleep well Brady. That pillow will be well worn by your 14,080 night in the slammer.

I wonder how the rodent faced cop killer is settling in in his new home? Only a mere 14,080 nights to go before he can sample a day of freedom without the stinking surrounds of his claustraphobic cell. 14,080 long, lonely nights. For a measley few grand? What a criminal mastermind we have here. IQ levels in single digits. Sleep well Brady. That pillow will be well worn by your 14,080 night in the slammer.

I hope you remembered to factor in an extra 9 days for 9 more leap years! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Roughly 338000 hours... may they go slowly and sleeplessly.

Strumms wrote: »
    Roughly 338000 hours... may they go slowly and sleeplessly.

Or 20.25 Million minutes - or over 1.2 Billion seconds ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭pgj2015

probably makes it worse that he has a kid and wife on the outside. she will have a new man as well, she is hardly going to wait 40 years for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hopefully he’ll have his mates in soon and that they’ll be kept well apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

pgj2015 wrote: »
    probably makes it worse that he has a kid and wife on the outside. she will have a new man as well, she is hardly going to wait 40 years for him.

She's probably looking up Roland Rat on Tinder as we speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

pgj2015 wrote: »

Well he's so beautiful she might.

WTF was she doing in the first place. Can hardly have been "personality". Then again maybe she is the same type as his gamma minus family and thought the weasel faced ferret would thieve and murder a new jacuzzi for her within the year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement