Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Brady Guilty as charged

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

There’s vacancies in the laundering plant I hear. His girlfriend will be near 60 when he gets out.

As will Danielle Healy, the lady (?) that he married while on the run in the Big Apple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Edgware wrote: »
    Theres lots of things unreasonable to assume but thatdoesnt meant it will happen.
    As it stands Brady is the fresh meat in the cellblock tonight. Lets see how he gets on with his bragging now.

Has he not been in prison on remand while awaiting trial?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Theres lots of things unreasonable to assume but thatdoesnt meant it will happen.
    As it stands Brady is the fresh meat in the cellblock tonight. Lets see how he gets on with his bragging now.

im sure he will be moved to a certain wing where his own will look after him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

billyhead wrote: »

Do the Gardai know who the other culprits are and are they believed to be abroad?

Yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

the witness intimidation while she was on the Video to the court said a lot too.

Scumbag with scumbag mates.

Whats the story behind this, I've read a couple of the reports but must have missed this, was there intimidation during the trial of a witness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Whats the story behind this, I've read a couple of the reports but must have missed this, was there intimidation during the trial of a witness

While Molly Staunton was giving video evidence from the US, someone came into the room, told her to "f**k off" and said "Put a stop to it. You can stop it right now. No more testimony." This was heard in the live broadcast to the court.

https://www.thejournal.ie/aaron-brady-adrian-donohoe-murder-trial-5121794-Jun2020/

That's aside from the other social media witness intimidation that only came to light today:

https://www.anglocelt.ie/2020/08/12/video-was-circulated-of-witness-giving-statement-against-brady/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

Same as an oracle such as yourself.

Except I've never said anything about whether he will get off on appeal or wont

:confused:
    Not really, it's a big outside bet.
    The bar is quite high for getting off on appeal.
    You can't call the evidence into question, a jury has already accepted that it was enough. So the 'unfair verdict, there was no evidence' path is close to a no-go.

So you actually need to get a part of the evidence thrown out for technical reasons, or find a mistake that the judge made in his directions, or come up with evidence of serious malpractice on the part of the guards or state during the investigation.

It's very much a rarity to win a murder appeal, maybe 1 or 2% I'd say.

Don't be coming in here with sense and facts. This is for online experts to state that he will definitely get off. Lads that were asking about the facts and evidence 3 or 4 hours ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

While Molly Staunton was giving video evidence from the US, someone came into the room, told her to "f**k off" and said "Put a stop to it. You can stop it right now. No more testimony." This was heard in the live broadcast to the court.

https://www.thejournal.ie/aaron-brady-adrian-donohoe-murder-trial-5121794-Jun2020/

That's aside from the other social media witness intimidation that only came to light today:

https://www.anglocelt.ie/2020/08/12/video-was-circulated-of-witness-giving-statement-against-brady/

Every effort should be made to track those people down and jail them .

more credit to the gardai and jury for getting the verdict and getting it right ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Has he not been in prison on remand while awaiting trial?
    But now he can have a long term relationship

But now he can have a long term relationship

You seem fixated on his relationship status in prison. Is this something you think about a lot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah she's getting her fill already. No point being a martyr

Probably and shure he’ll have Bubba.😂

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭gailforecast

Armagh scumbag. Sick of northerners, bunch of savages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Wonder how his father feels given he's a pretty popular owner of an Crossmaglen Club.

How long do you think until Aaron Brady offs himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Aaron Brady put himself away in fairness if he focussed his lies on “not the one who pulled the trigger” he’d be out in 7

Instead he spun a web of unbelievable lunacy that he was somewhere else entirely

Let’s see how the self proclaimed most dangerous gangster in Ireland gets on with the mountjoy boys

Him and suspect A were the two gob****es B is the ring leader

Why is no one answering my questions?

Is he gonna kill himself eventually or not? Will he get attacked by another prisoner (like Keith Hall did)

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Is he gonna kill himself eventually or not? Will he get attacked by another prisoner (like Keith Hall did)

How the f*ck are we supposed to know?

I’ll hop in my time machine there and see.

Truly bizarre tantrum you’ve just posted there.

Why would anyone answer your questions?

Wonder how his father feels given he's a pretty popular owner of an Crossmaglen Club.

Nobody owns a gaa club

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I am delighted to see my taxpayer funds used properly.

Let him appeal, but as a PP said, the grounds for appeal are very narrow. And they don't happen overnight either. Well done to all concerned.

Bandit country is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭tjhook

Before a trial, the burden of proof is on those accusing the guy. It's valid at that stage to point out his right to the presumption of innocence.

After being found guilty, the burden is reversed. If somebody wants to cast doubt on the trial, they need to have a good understanding of the deliberation that took place, and the burden is on them to explain why the conviction is unsafe. That's if they want to be taken seriously. I'm not seeing that from anybody here; what I see is some sh!te being very weakly thrown against a wall.

I'd question the motivation of anybody who has very limited knowledge of the details of this case but expresses doubt over the outcome.

• Advertisement

Nobody owns a gaa club

clt9k5j.png

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

clt9k5j.png

Chairman doesn’t mean he owns the club.

If he owned it he’d be called the owner.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Chairman doesn’t mean he owns the club.

If he owned it he’d be called the owner.

Okay, but answer my question?

Will his father disown him? Will he get battered in the Joy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I'm sure his parents didnt rear him to be a killer but thats what they face now. Regular trips to see him behind bars.

Okay, but answer my question?

Will his father disown him? Will he get battered in the Joy?

Who cares

clt9k5j.png

Wha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Why won't somebody answer my question?!

Will I be handsome, will I be pretty?

Let’s see how the self proclaimed most dangerous gangster in Ireland gets on with the mountjoy boys

Pretty sure he won't be serving his sentence in mountjoy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭gailforecast

I'm sure his parents didnt rear him to be a killer but thats what they face now. Regular trips to see him behind bars.

Crossmaglen is 99% scumbags. I’d lock the parents up as well.

• Advertisement

tjhook wrote: »
    I'd question the motivation of anybody who has very limited knowledge of the details of this case but expresses doubt over the outcome.

So only those with an in-depth knowledge should question the verdict or else you think they have questionable motives?

A man who is 5cfoot 7 is convicted of a murder when the main witness a Garda and other witnesses describe the shooter as 6 foot tall. The main evidence against him seems to be statements he allegedly made incrimination himself to a man. This man may or may not have made a deal to stay in the US on the back of his statements. You don't have to be an expert to see that the evidence in this case is wafer thin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement