Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removal quote

Options
  • 12-08-2020 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

what would be an acceptable quote for moving all furniture, clothes etc? I'm talking about me doing nothing. They'd come, pack everything (clothes and all the items inside cabinets/wardrobes), dismantle furniture, bring it to the new home, and put everything in the room we tell them. We have a three bedroom duplex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 infinita

what would be an acceptable quote for moving all furniture, clothes etc? I'm talking about me doing nothing. They'd come, pack everything (clothes and all the items inside cabinets/wardrobes), dismantle furniture, bring it to the new home, and put everything in the room we tell them. We have a three bedroom duplex

It depends on the quantity/size of items they need pack and remove,and also the travel distance between the old and new addresses.

Normally they would first send someone to your house to do a survey, ie. counting the contents and noting the size of bulky funiture/appliances etc. Then they would decide how much packaging will be needed,as well as the manpower...

I used such service from a relocation company based in kildare. Very satisfied with their work.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Got quoted 1280 + 450 for packing plus VAT plus insurance. Doesn't look too bad, but would like to see what you guys think

Advertisement