Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for mortage - revolut deposits on statements

• 12-08-2020 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Do banks still look for revolut statements when i apply for mortgage.

I have around 10 revolut transactions totalling 200 euro appear on my current account. I no longer deposit into revolut from my current account but they do appear in my last 6 months bank account statements in april may and june.

Would banks investigate further and look for revolut statements or considering i havnt had a revolut topup transaction in 3 months would they not ask considering its no longer a regular pattern on my statements

My problem with my revolut statements is they are full of online betting topups so if i am asked im in trouble.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Q&A

vadh607 wrote: »
    Hi,

Do banks still look for revolut statements when i apply for mortgage.

I have around 10 revolut transactions totalling 200 euro appear on my current account. I no longer deposit into revolut from my current account but they do appear in my last 6 months bank account statements in april may and june.

Would banks investigate further and look for revolut statements or considering i havnt had a revolut topup transaction in 3 months would they not ask considering its no longer a regular pattern on my statements

My problem with my revolut statements is they are full of online betting topups so if i am asked im in trouble.

They will want you to account for every transaction in your current account. If it's a transfer between your accounts then the revolut account is fair game. They're trying to paint a picture of your financial habits. 10 transactions over 6 months - imagine an underwriter would want to know more about them.

Not sure banks are as strick these days with gambling related transactions. It won't help your case but at the same time of it's only €200 turnover (as opposed to just money going in) they might not be too concerned. Worst comes to worst just reapply after 6 months of gardening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Yes you will definitely have to submit Revolut statements once transactions appear in your current account. While €200 is not a lot re gambling, lenders don't like it unless of course it's special occasions such as Cheltenham etc.

You might be best to wait until you can submit 6 months current account statements with no reference to the Revolut account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vadh607

thanks makes sense.

the company i work for is on the government covid wage subsidiary, from what i read i haven't come across anyone that's on the scheme that successfully drawn down on the mortgage.

So might be easier to wait a few more months anyway.

Advertisement