Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 4 in 1 multitool return

Options
  • 12-08-2020 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Anyone any experience of returning parkside tools to lidl? Bought the 4 in 1 thing with the strimmer and it won't turn on today. Had literally just wedged the box into the recycling bin too after being so impressed with it...

Have the receipt but wondering will they be awkward about no box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭who what when

hots wrote: »
    Anyone any experience of returning parkside tools to lidl? Bought the 4 in 1 thing with the strimmer and it won't turn on today. Had literally just wedged the box into the recycling bin too after being so impressed with it...

Have the receipt but wondering will they be awkward about no box?

Yes i have. They will refund you no issue. The box wont matter or at least didnt for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the box is immaterial if it's not functioning, and they can't refuse to deal with you on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how long did you have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Bought a kettle last year LIDL. Lid wouldn’t open after about 6 months. No receipt, no box. Took it back to Lidl and with no receipt I had to phone their helpline. After taking the serial number they replaced no problem ( I did not request refund). I got the impression I was speaking to customer service in Germany) anyway i was impressed. ( told me to keep the original as well - as it could be filled through the spout) Replacement posted in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

fryup wrote: »
    how long did you have it?

A month or so. Ideally I want a replacement as we've got the batteries and lawnmower too so I'll give customer care a call before I go in I think (fairly sure it's out of the shop now).

If not I'll head in later and see if they'll refund and then just buy a strimmer from ebay I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭65535

The metal on the strimmer is cheap, I returned one but got another as a replacement.
    The plastic cover broke from the blade but i have not returned it because of that.
    I did manage to get 2 x 4 Ah batteries which make a difference.

Advertisement