Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules Question - Drop

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Not just the pros;):D

But there is no hazard on that hole so surely not the same thing. They are either OB or in play, no?

hazard is still in play as you can play out of the hazard if you wish I would think.

I think what the previous poster was saying was if your ball crosses OOB at any time you are OOB, which is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Yes, but what I was asking was is Greebo not contradicting himself when he said that the ball in the first image is OB and then goes on to say that if a ball is in a hazard it doesn't matter how it got there?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

But you also say this "all that matters is where the ball ends up.
    If its in the hazard then it doesn't matter how it got there."

How can both be true though?

To determine if your ball is in bounds or not, all the matters where it ends up, not how it got there. (your ball can be OOB and roll in bounds or vice versa)

When determining where to drop, assuming your ball is in play, how it got there matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

GreeBo wrote: »
    To determine if your ball is in bounds or not, all the matters where it ends up, not how it got there. (your ball can be OOB and roll in bounds or vice versa)

When determining where to drop, assuming your ball is in play, how it got there matters.

So how is the first pic OB as you said earlier? I'm not trying to be obtuse, I just don't get how both can be correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

So how is the first pic OB as you said earlier? I'm not trying to be obtuse, I just don't get how both can be correct?

Looking at the picture again, I think neither of them are OOB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

That's my fault, I was reading the red line as the OOB line rather than the water (who doesn't use blue for water hazards! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Cant really tell where the OOB line is there but a well cut strip suggests that there might be drops allowed

Advertisement