Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i sell my half of home

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭stinkbomb

ted1 wrote: »
    Move in, then put the house for sale. Moving out gives her more ownership.
    He still can't put it up for sale whether he move in or not. Both parties need to consent to sell.

Moving back in might be a good idea from a financial point of view, but as a parent it sounds like a toxic atmosphere to put your own child.

My advice to OP is pay half of the mortgage and let her pay her half. And see a solicitor. A judge is very unlikely to order a sale of the home until the child is 18 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

OP I was in a similar position (luckily without children involved)...your only next step is to seek the advice of a solicitor.

In my case, my solicitor issued Circuit Court partition proceedings to force the sale of the house...luckily my ex saw sense before court and agreed to a sale (eventually)...but in your case, with a child involved, I can't see a judge ordering the sale of the house until the child is at least 18/finished college

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Might be too late to move back OP.

Her new boyfriend(s) might be moved in and enjoying your house (and your ex) at your expense and for free

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭LJ12345

I’d get onto the bank and see if it’s possible to pay interest only on the mortgage to free up some money for you and also not pay into your ex’s capital on the house and then next step is to get legal advice.

Advertisement