Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centenary of partition to be commemorated

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

timthumbni wrote: »
    I expect Irish republican violence every year. Sure its what they do. It doesn’t take the centenary celebrations of Northern Ireland to set them off.
    Lives are indeed at risk from violent Irish republicans. Just think back to that wee girl from Londonderry they murdered last year.

The Irish PM will not be stopping any celebrations in NI. However the COVID situation might.

She was from Belfast.

She just happened to be killed here in DERRY.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

We will celebrate. COVID aside obviously. We aren’t a SF funeral. We will try to keep people safe and save lives.
    Celebrate what though, burning tricolours, posters of politicians, marching where ye are not wanting, forcing people out of their homes because they are catholic, burning people out of their homes. Any irish politician who goes anywhere this event would need their head examined, but i presume those who were going to celebrate the black and tans or wear poppies in aid of scumbags who murdered Irish Citizens will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

2021 is the next UK census, it is quite likely there will be a Catholic majority. The fact that the 100th anniversary is the same year makes it a huge year for unionism. They’ll have to try and use the event to try and apologise and reach out to the Catholic community if they want the union to survive.
    The whole Jingoistic thing won’t work if they want the union to survive, they’ll have to acknowledge the wrongs done and appeal for support.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Risteard81 wrote: »
    She was from Belfast.

She just happened to be killed here in DERRY.

I can’t believe you posted that because I refer to the city as Londonderry when it’s about a wee girls murder. It’s not exactly a positive for the city of DERRY (As you refer) that Irish republicans murdered a wee girl there, even if she was from Belfast.

But here, my calling the city Londonderry was really the big issue there. Well done.

Blaaz_ wrote: »
    At no point did they mention or raise issue,with yous calling it londonderry,

The only one,who feels need to highlight this,is you....how is that?

Only word he posted in all capitals. (DERRY). In fact he as you put it “highlighted” it. Unfortunate it was in a post about a wee girl Irish republicans murdered.

Though some don’t even seem to care or struggle to condemn even so called dissident republicans actions - pretty bad would you not agree?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Only word he posted in all capitals. (DERRY). In fact he as you put it “highlighted” it. Unfortunate it was in a post about a wee girl Irish republicans murdered.

Though some don’t even seem to care or struggle to condemn even so called dissident republicans actions - pretty bad would you not agree?

He responded to the content of your post. You chose to make it about him using Derry while ignoring the rest of his post.
    We have republicans in every party in the South and in SF and elsewhere up north and you raise the fringe element that killed the 'wee girl' to further your angle.

Blaaz_ wrote: »
    Meh like i said,the only person raising issue with you saying londonderry,is you

Wailing on about dissidents isnt going to change this fact,

Unfortunately, there loads of infantile replies when I say Londonderry. Re so called dissident Irish republicans it wasn’t you who said they would stuggle to condemn them by chance?

Edit - checked the posts - it was yourself so no need to reply on that point. You struggled to condemn the dissident irish republican actions. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    It is.

Not my post, so won't take the credit for it, but it explains how things work here.

Both yourself and that poster make the silly mistake of thinking that a second border poll will automatically happen. That isn't necessarily the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    He responded to the content of your post. You chose to make it about him using Derry while ignoring the rest of his post.
    We have republicans in every party in the South and in SF and elsewhere up north and you raise the fringe element that killed the 'wee girl' to further your angle.

We have a situation where Sinn Fein members need permission from the party to speak to the gardai about the murder of Adrian Donohoe. Do you think that any SF member with information about the murder of Lyra McKee will get permission to talk to the police?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    We have a situation where Sinn Fein members need permission from the party to speak to the gardai about the murder of Adrian Donohoe. Do you think that any SF member with information about the murder of Lyra McKee will get permission to talk to the police?

FFS One member stupidly thinking he did is an indication of nothing. As usual and as predicted already on Twitter the usual will jump on this as the concoction of a story was intended to and they will steadfastly ignore that when the man contacted SF, they SF councillor immediately contacted the Gardai and gave them 'the break in the case'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Idiotic to celebrate that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »

Pity Leo doesn't ask an adult for permission to tweet Trump style about poor whitey.
    Do you think the Garda will burn out any more cars/evidence? Where they covering for whomever did the abduction? Just throwing unrelated stuff out there, like yourself.

So the group that have more in common with a Lab/FG senator than SF might be giving out info to Enda Kenny or Coveney, both Republicans with closer ties to dissidents than SF? More likely than to SF I'd imagine.

Advertisement