Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for “Builders Finish” 2,300 sq ft house

Options
  • 13-08-2020 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

My dad has built a house. It’s at the stage now where roof is on, windows & doors are in. He’s got a quote from the builder to complete the house to what I think would be called builders finish. Not moving in ready. No kitchen, no flooring etc.

The house is 2,300 sq ft. Downstairs has 2 living rooms, kitchen, utility room & bathroom. Upstairs 4 bedrooms, 1 en suite, and a bathroom.

What they have quoted for is below. Wondering what the min/max range or ball park figure for this work would be?
    Stud partitions upstairs, red deal stairs . complete, window boards, red deal or shaker doors complete with frames, ironmongery, architraves and skirting.

Plaster and skim walls, slab plaster and insulate partitions slab and skim ceilings, fit airtightness barrier around windows and doors.

Electrical and Plumbing as per specification.

Painting and decoration.

Paint ceilings and walls(builders finish) Varnish to stairs, varnish or paint finish to doors , frames, skirting and architraves .Mdf window boards painted

External work.

Foot path around house 900mm wide

Drainage.

All pipe work, gulleys, ajs and manholes connected to services on site, Esb duct from cabinet to pole in garden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I know the above is a bit vague with the details but that’s what he got from the builder. If it’s difficult to give a total price, how about costing for individual items listed? Would at least have some kind of estimate then.

With regards standard, everything would be average. He’s not going to go for anything expensive or fancy.

Advertisement