Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inconsistency

Options
  • 13-08-2020 2:29pm

*Not an individual moderator issue*

I've just received a warning for telling a poster to shove his accusation up his arse.

In isolation, I'm happy to take that warning.

However, when there's blatant lies allowed on the site, I think it's ridiculous for a warning to be issued when I was simply responding to another blatant lie (the poster was suggesting I was a Trump supporter, without realising he was closer aligned to Trump than I am).

I accepted the warning from said moderator as he/she is just doing their job, but something has to be done site wide to address this.

I've already contacted moderators about demonstrable lies being allowed in a particular thread and was told it was OK as this is a discussion board. Again, no problem with that response.

I'm just wondering why it's OK for someone to post irrefutable, demonstrable, lies, but I can't tell someone to shove their accusations up their arse.

Comments

Not a single moderator replied.

I don't blame ye.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please allow us some time. I've been travelling most of the day and doing DIY when I go here, and am only now starting to catch up on things

However I have something to eat first, and then start looking at any reports that have not yet been dealt with. I will try and look at this some time this evening though

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Closing this up as the OP has not reported any posts they have an issue with

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement