Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Lock Question

• 13-08-2020 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any smart device that exists that:

1. Records people at the door when they ring the doorbell i.e. like the Ring device

AND

2. Acts as a "smart lock" i.e. allows me to change codes remotely for access for airbnb etc.

Thanks in advance,

K

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't know if there's a single device that does both, I'd have thought that the power needed for the camera would be difficult to put in a door as it would need to be wired or at least have a load of batteries. You'd probably be best to have a camera/doorbell and a lock, this site seems to answer all the questions about what lock to get for AirBnB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bbehan202 wrote: »
    Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any smart device that exists that:

1. Records people at the door when they ring the doorbell i.e. like the Ring device

Do you mean audio/video/picture or just a log of when they use the code/lock?

You can get a smart lock that will alert you when the code is used. That can be a unique code for a certain person.
    The codes can be setup remotely or set to single use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bbehan202

Davy wrote: »
    Do you mean audio/video/picture or just a log of when they use the code/lock?

You can get a smart lock that will alert you when the code is used. That can be a unique code for a certain person.
    The codes can be setup remotely or set to single use.

Cheers. Any recommendations for specific devices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bbehan202 wrote: »
    Cheers. Any recommendations for specific devices?

Well you need to start with the type of lock you have.

Is it a night latch or a multi point locking systems? Go from that then on the options.

Advertisement