Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine tenants evicted from north Dublin property by men in masks and dark clothing

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

joeguevara wrote: »
    Or maybe its better not to make a snap decision based on the Internet site of the guy running a business from the house that is claiming an illegal eviction. You made a big deal about the romi radar site having the full facts but failed to mention that it is based in the house and for all anyone knows is one of the people evicted (could this be the +1 to make 9).

Again. This is basically the accused pleading innocence. It's actually way more biased than the Irish Times article that was shredded earlier.

"You made a big deal about the romi radar site having the full facts but failed to mention that it is based in the house"

See the bold text in the post you are referring to? The reason for the bold text was to highlight that the VOMI studio and management team are based in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭dubrov

According to Vomi, the property is worth "millions of money".

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It seems Vomi is an amateur blogger who was/is living in the flat. Seems pretty harmless and I doubt his websites would be making an impression on anyone.

Scrolling through his facebook you can see the "tenants" are disputing the fact that the person(s) who bought the property this year now own it.

The claim that the 9 (or is it 8?) people living in the flat had no idea what was happening and just woke to a gang of unidentified masked thugs in dark clothing terrorising them for no apparent reason doesn't pass the sniff test for me.

IMO I'd say its been a nice little earner for someone sub letting beds for years to vulnerable people while Gerry Ward argued with the banks over repossession. Only now the new owner is not as patient as the previous or maybe hasn't the funds to ignore the property and has decided its time for people to sling their hooks.

on what basis are they disputing the ownership? who do they think owns it?

on what basis are they disputing the ownership? who do they think owns it?

They are saying Gerry Ward still owns it.
    They are saying Dowling Properties do not own it.
    From VOMI News 247 facebook page....
    "VOMI findings clearly show that Dowling Properties do not own the apartment contrary to their claim"

Also from VOMI News facebook page...
    "The Berkeley road apartment houses VOMI Studio and its management staff."

"VOMI findings clearly show that Dowling Properties do not own the apartment contrary to their claim"

Also from VOMI News facebook page...
    "The Berkeley road apartment houses VOMI Studio and its management staff."

and yet dowling properties have an eviction order in their name that they convinced a judge to give them. I dont think Gerry has owned that property for years. it was repossessed by the bank that loaned him the money to buy it.

• Advertisement

and yet dowling properties have an eviction order in their name that they convinced a judge to give them. I dont think Gerry has owned that property for years. it was repossessed by the bank that loaned him the money to buy it.

And then the idiot who wrote the "men in masks and dark clothing" IrishTimes article didn't do his job as a journalist and just went with the "tenants" and Gerry Wards claim that Ward owned the property and printed it.

And then the idiot who wrote the "men in masks and dark clothing" IrishTimes article didn't do his job as a journalist and just went with the "tenants" and Gerry Wards claim that Ward owned the property and printed it.

no argument there. I dont see any purpose in repeating that nonsense though and trying to give it creedence.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Housing minister to order enquiry into the illegal eviction:
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/housing-minister-orders-investigation-into-masked-men-dublin-eviction-1014329.html
    Sounds like big trouble coming for Dowling property - you cant just turf people out of their own homes, this is not the Wild West or a third world country!

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/housing-minister-orders-investigation-into-masked-men-dublin-eviction-1014329.html
    Sounds like big trouble coming for Dowling property - you cant just turf people out of their own homes, this is not the Wild West or a third world country!

he asked the RTB to open an investigation, nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

The property isn't registered with the RTB because it doesn't come under the RTB remit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

You posted previously saying ‘how do these people get leave to be in the state‘, you then say you don’t know anything about them but look like non Eu nationals. You literally made assumptions based on skin colour. You are a racist. Should be ashamed of yourself. And either lied about being present at the eviction or turned up for fun.

How dare you call me a racist and misquote my post "troll"

race card played by themselves

I stick by what it is locally known it was then a 7 person squat

was there on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I’m not being nosey but it’s a bit of a coincidence that someone who regularly posts about asylum seekers, refugees , Africans etc just happened to be present at the eviction. Like what are the chances.

Its almost unbelievable, Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If this is the case, then I have a lot less sympathy. It means they knew that an eviction was imminent but bought into Gerry Ward's bullsh1t and didn't have the good sense to leave.

seamus wrote: »
    If this is the case, then I have a lot less sympathy. It means they knew that an eviction was imminent but bought into Gerry Ward's bullsh1t and didn't have the good sense to leave.

The following alone confirm it IMO....
    -Previous tenants have said they were given notice to vacate as far back as 2015.
    -In the video with the guards, the female tenant says "it's still before the courts".
    -In the video the male tenant says to the "security" guy "Dublin council don't give me a house to stay, I have no problem with you"
    -Current tenants saying on facebook that the person(s) who recently bought the property are not the rightful owners.

In my opinion DCHA and Anthony Flynn from ICHH are manipulating the entire episode to advance their own agenda and are trying to give the impression that the banks and wealthy "land owners" are kicking in the front doors of surprised tenants and dragging them into the streets with the help of the gardai.

Another one of these activist groups CATU burst into a letting agent last night put the receptionist all over Twitter and made demands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

You posted previously saying ‘how do these people get leave to be in the state‘, you then say you don’t know anything about them but look like non Eu nationals. You literally made assumptions based on skin colour. You are a racist. Should be ashamed of yourself. And either lied about being present at the eviction or turned up for fun.

Not racist. Such a lazy charactor assination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

he asked the RTB to open an investigation, nothing more.
    PRTB investigates? That will really frighten them. Useless ****wits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Edgware wrote: »
    PRTB investigates? That will really frighten them. Useless ****wits

They fine landlords huge sums all the time. So I dont know what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The following alone confirm it IMO....
    -Previous tenants have said they were given notice to vacate as far back as 2015.
    -In the video with the guards, the female tenant says "it's still before the courts".
    -In the video the male tenant says to the "security" guy "Dublin council don't give me a house to stay, I have no problem with you"
    -Current tenants saying on facebook that the person(s) who recently bought the property are not the rightful owners.

In my opinion DCHA and Anthony Flynn from ICHH are manipulating the entire episode to advance their own agenda and are trying to give the impression that the banks and wealthy "land owners" are kicking in the front doors of surprised tenants and dragging them into the streets with the help of the gardai.

This, exactly this, its just a ‘boo landlords, gief money’ agenda . ICHH is just a massive cash grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Gone awfully quiet

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Gone awfully quiet

The DCHA crew were out 'resisting' evictions from a warehouse somewhere last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The DCHA crew were out 'resisting' evictions from a warehouse somewhere last night.

Turning on Ben Gilroy too which is funny as he claimed in court he was an actual tenant of the warehouse

Advertisement