Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel and the UAE normalize relations

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I think we're getting to the truth now, but you're going to extremes by saying that if no Jewish person had money, etc. I'll sum up by saying that if Jewish donations to political parties were a mere 2%, in line with the Jewish US population, then I'm pretty confident that Israel wouldn't have the support of the US.

Also, when Sheldon Adelson contributes $100+ million to Donald Trump's re-election, or when Bernard Marcus contributes $680+ million to Republican candidates in a single year, they're doing so not simply to further their individual interests but the interests of their people whose homeland is Israel.

You're bringing in odd stuff now about a global conspiracy. And the old anti-semitism namecalling trick doesn't work on me, if that's not obvious already. I'm not a fan of any people.

As for the Jewish faith not being the issue, that's true in so far as not all people who claim Jewish identity are religious. Yet I'm not sure how it can be dismissed entirely, short of immersing yourself in Jewish scriptures for years in order to rule out the possibility. Surely centuries of religious teaching can affect the behaviour of any group, as centuries of Christian teaching have surely had some effect on the outlook of Europeans.

simpsons-nelson-ha-ha.jpg

You are selling an all jewish hive mind conspiracy theory.
    You are doubling down stating "As for the Jewish faith not being the issue, that's true in so far as not all people who claim Jewish identity are religious.", that's nonsense. A devout Jewish person can have his or her own views on the illegality and butchery of Israeli state actions. 'No true Jew', a nonsense.

You throw out accusations but won't back them up. You should have the courtesy to withdraw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

biko wrote: »

Alexa, play "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen.
    The Israel haters are looking more and more isolated these days. IPSC are seething.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

coinop wrote: »
    The Israel haters are looking more and more isolated these days. IPSC are seething.

not at all, the israel non-haters who want them held to the same standard as others are growing and will continue to do so.
    countries doing a business deal with israel is hardly a shock or surprise, however it doesn't change the reality on the ground in terms of israel's rogue state behaviour.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ch-ching...

We do business with China too. Hardly an endorsement of their behaviour, just shows profits outweigh ethics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

.........via the US throwing another group of oppressed people under the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Odhinn wrote: »
    .........via the US throwing another group of oppressed people under the bus.

I was thinking if anyone will be peeded off about this it will be Odhinn.

Keep piling it on to the Jew, eh.

You are predictable if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

screaching anti-semite, whether outright or via suttle round about ways, no longer work.
    people are no longer afraid to call israel out on their behaviour as it should be, we have been able to do it in the case of islamic and other religious states if and when they behave badly for decades now, so quite rightly it's no different here.
    israel is a rogue apartheid expansionist and racist state and it needs to cop itself on and end such behaviour.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Danzy wrote: »

What are you trying to imply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Less of the personal attacks, perhaps read up and educate yourself more on the situation before posting such ****e

And end of the road is bang on with the above post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

the Israel non-haters who want them held to the same standard as others are growing and will continue to do so.

Sure your numbers are growing. That's why it has been the same five or so IPSC shills cheerleading Palestine on Boards.ie for the past 15 years :rolleyes: We'll chat again, I'm sure, when this thread is resurrected next time another Arab country normalizes relations with Israel. Talk soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sure your numbers are growing. That's why it has been the same five or so IPSC shills cheerleading Palestine on Boards.ie for the past 15 years :rolleyes: We'll chat again, I'm sure, when this thread is resurrected next time another Arab country normalizes relations with Israel. Talk soon.

you don't have to cheerlead for palestine to think that the behaviour of israel has been appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,895 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Disgusting anti-semitism from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

If you noticed? There seems to be an agreement every time to sell military equipment to countries who agree to normalize ties with Israel. The US defense industry seems to get an enormous boost from this normalization. Trump two faced. His arming states with new high-tech weaponry that may end up being used in a future war. Trump reckless and think's arming these states brings world peace. These countries are obviously not doing the deal to just have a better relationship. Trump offering weapons and god knows what else here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭donaghs

And in return they get recognition to integrate Western Sahara (the former Spanish Sahara)? Almost doubling Morocco's territory. Despite objections of many inhabitants.

Advertisement