Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quotes and recommendations for Bathroom renovation

Options
  • 14-08-2020 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

In the processes of buying a place and looking to do a renovation of the toilet. It about 2.5mx2m and we are looking to replace and get; sink, toilet, bathtub, heating pipes for towels and tiles.

Trying to get an idea of the costs for labour, a rough idea for the tiles and recommendations for any companies that will be able to do it?

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to add its in the city center :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It is impossible to give recommendations of firms to do the job without knowing where you are. If you don't know the area well enough to ask neighbours for recommendations then go into bathroom showrooms and tile shops and try and get suggested tradesmen from them, they usually have lists of reliable enough people.

Then labour cost will depend on a number of things - will someone have to chip ceramic tiles off a concrete floor, for example? Are there wall tiles on plasterboard? Will all the plaster come off with the tiles? Do you want the room re-arranged (ie moving plumbing)? Do you want a firm that will do the whole job or are you prepared to employ, say, a plumber and a tiler? Its possible to come up with a 'per day' cost for the work but this is not necessarily a lot of help unless you know how many people you need and what level of skill you are paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

Looking for quotes myself for a bathroom under 10m2 and I have gotten quotes of 11k1/15k. Getting materials including tiling 7k and labour 6k. All materials are low to medium end and still getting mad quotes.

How's this so expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ebayissues wrote: »
    Looking for quotes myself for a bathroom under 10m2 and I have gotten quotes of 11k1/15k. Getting materials including tiling 7k and labour 6k. All materials are low to medium end and still getting mad quotes.

How's this so expensive?

7K FOR MATERIALS? wtf

Tiles would be 200 euro max
    New bathtub/ Shower, Toilet, Sink should be 1500 max

7k, ha .WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭maisiedaisy

I’ve been doing the rounds of a fair few suppliers looking to kit out a bathroom and ensuite. Most expensive I got was about €5k. Tiles are separate

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

Just checked my quote and can see tiles for 1500. Just did an estimate of tile calculator and its coming as 270 including Vat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement