Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post collecting VAT and fee. No online payment option. Cash only.

Options
  • 14-08-2020 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

I'm generally a big fan of An Post. My postman is great, he is friendly and efficient.

As an organisation they try new services, some work really well ,some don't but at least they are open to new ways.

But are An Post the last holdout for collecting cash for VAT and the €10 fee when you import anything over €22 from outside the EU.

It is a royal pain.
    You have to be there when the postperson delivers.

The dreaded Revenue send you a letter with the details and a reference number.

How difficult can it be to set up an online payment system?

My suspicion is that the postman gets a payment for every charge collected.
    Anyone have any inside knowledge on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I wouldn't think they get anything, its part of their job to collect CoD. It is ridiculous in this day and age to only accept cash, but at least I was preadvised last time. UPS also try to collect cash, with no preadvice, and then give you a number where you can pay over the phone. An Post are the cheapest for the Clearance/Payment charge too - €18.45 last time with UPS, €15 + 23% VAT.

Advertisement