Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So are you single? Argos style....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I am a woman.

Then you're opinion on this matters more than mine......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

the guy just wanted to ask her out, not creepy at all
    what is wrong with women these days??

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

So this is why the Bane masks are selling out again durty George Burgess mutha trucka needs tracking down and a good auld snip snip dose of Venom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Wouldn’t be a problem if she was up for it I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Mic 1972 wrote: »

Creepy men.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Then you're opinion on this matters more than mine......

No. Your opinion is valid. All opinions are.

We live in a strange age. In many ways there has been huge progress in equality between the sexes and unwanted sexual behaviour gets called out when it wouldn't have in the past.
    That's positive. It has created however a whole host of women who faint with horror at the smallest of approaches from men. Innocent interactions become filled suspicion, smiling at a woman on the street is creepy, asking her out is akin to rape.

I just find it all a bit mad.

Moral of the story is that she shouldn't have ordered her Rampant Rabbit for home delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

We live in a strange age. In many ways there has been huge progress in equality between the sexes and unwanted sexual behaviour gets called out when it wouldn't have in the past.
    That's positive. It has created however a whole host of women who faint with horror at the smallest of approaches from men. Innocent interactions become filled suspicion, smiling at a woman on the street is creepy, asking her out is akin to rape.

Or maybe a lot if what we thought was innocent wasn't actually? And it always made women uncomfortable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s creepy that he used a telephone number which she provided to a company in relation specifically to a business transaction to contact her and ask her out.

A seriously lack of respect and professionalism both for his employer and the lady... he hadn’t been given her number by her in any social sense or context.

If say a courier for UPS, get assigned a delivery for yourself, bring you some goods which you ordered, you sign, They drive away... then at 8pm that night, you start getting WhatsApp messages from ‘Diego the driver’.... you’d be a bit creeped out... and you should be... that happened the only thing I’d be sending back would be a photo of some broken teeth and a number of a good implant dentist...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Creepy men.

Some creepy men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I think people are more angry that she posted it on fb. All that is about her telling people::look how beautiful I am, can you believe this text I got... Upping her profile,not caring about the damage she is doing to others.

I don't agree with the FB part myself. It seems unnecessary to me. I'm not sure I'd ascribe those motives to her though. It seems people now feel they need to make everything public. I would definitely have reported him, though. At best it was stupid and at worst it was sinister and creepy.

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s creepy that he used a telephone number which she provided to a company in relation specifically to a business transaction to contact her and ask her out.

A seriously lack of respect and professionalism both for his employer and the lady... he hadn’t been given her number by her in any social sense or context.

If say a courier for UPS, get assigned a delivery for yourself, bring you some goods which you ordered, you sign, They drive away... then at 8pm that night, you start getting WhatsApp messages from ‘Diego the driver’.... you’d be a bit creeped out... and you should be... that happened the only thing I’d be sending back would be a photo of some broken teeth and a number of a good implant dentist...

Ye sounds like it's on the creepy side. Maybe it would have been ok to say something/ask if he can call at the point of interaction and then if it's a no, you can accept the knockback in the normal way. But lifting the number from the package pushes it over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

There's only one way to solve this societal change(social media up your profile shíte)and that is......
    It is now up to women to ask men out, make the first move etc etc.

PS:: that always was the way with me anyhows..
    The handsome uncaring guy that I am.

We are people not robots.
    It's ok to have human interactions while being at work.

She could have just said "sorry this is inappropriate" and he would have apologized and ended it there.
    This culture of jumping on anyone who remotely steps out of line is a tragedy of our times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I got a text one evening saying I cant stop thinking about you, I didn't even have the number saved but I worked out who it was, a customer I met about 3 times in a few days, a man btw, and im not gay. even if it was a stunning woman I would have ran for the hills, that isn't normal behavior. I have had a few customers/women grope me and one tried to kiss me, water off a ducks back though.

• Advertisement

There's only one way to solve this societal change(social media up your profile shíte)and that is......
    It is now up to women to ask men out, make the first move etc etc.

PS:: that always was the way with me anyhows..
    The handsome uncaring guy that I am.

next will be men being accused of producing mental breakdown to women for politely declining an offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Or it's the most direct way to make a complaint in 2020....

Nonsense.

Don't defend the FB route. She clearly wanted it to be public.

I agree, sometimes I think "jesus I'd never get away with how I acted in clubs 10 years ago" but maybe I was acting like a dickhead and shouldn't have gotten away with it.

I see your point about small interactions, but I've just heard too many stories of these small interactions turning nasty because a girl refused a drink or tried to go back to her friends to say the girl in this story is wrong to feel this way.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I got a text one evening saying I cant stop thinking about you, I didn't even have the number saved but I worked out who it was, a customer I met about 3 times in a few days, a man btw, and im not gay. even if it was a stunning woman I would have ran for the hills, that isn't normal behavior. I have had a few customers/women grope me and one tried to kiss me, water off a ducks back though.

big difference between customer trying to kiss you against your will and someone politely asking you out

noodler wrote: »
    Nonsense.

metoo culture in full swing

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    How someone can read that and go “yeah, she’s definitely the one I’m going to direct my ire at” is beyond me. What that guy did was seriously creepy, he knows where she lives, has her phone number. She was dead right to take that as far as possible.
    The fact he even thought that was a good idea.

The takeaway man knows where you live.

The postman.

The couriers.

I think people are making an enormous leap from an inappropriate text to stalking/home invasion or whatever they have in mind when they bring up the address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Still think he should have went old school and just asked her out in person, rather than being a big pu$$ie and texting her after he leaves!

And the added bonus, she can't put it on bookface if you choose this option. ;)

Everyone is so wrapped up in technology these days, people have actually lost the ability to communicate properly face-to-face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nonsense.

Ya, when people post this stuff on Faecbook if they are just to get their picture in the paper and maybe an appearance on This Morning with these kind of stories.

big difference between customer trying to kiss you against your will and someone politely asking you out

yes but its the way the guy got her number, it wasn't meant to be used that way. all he could have hoped for is that she text him first and a large percentage will if they fancy you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

kenmm wrote: »
    Ye sounds like it's on the creepy side. Maybe it would have been ok to say something/ask if he can call at the point of interaction and then if it's a no, you can accept the knockback in the normal way. But lifting the number from the package pushes it over the line.

This, 100%

She could have just said "sorry this is inappropriate" and he would have apologized and ended it there.

"She could have just said sorry I don't want a drink"
    "she could have just texted him back"
    "she could have just danced with him"

EVERY woman has a story of telling a guy no and being at the very least abused for it. Why should she text him back? She doesn't owe him a ****ing thing.....

The takeaway man knows where you live.

The postman.

The couriers.

I think people are making an enormous leap from an inappropriate text to stalking/home invasion or whatever they have in mind when they bring up the address.

Neighbors
    Colleagues
    ex-boyfriends

they all know where you live and statistical they are more likely to be you murderers than some random stranger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

He was obviously an ugly oaf. If it was a Hugh Jackman lookalike we'd be reading a story about how romantic she found it that her now boyfriend fell in love with her while delivering her Argos order and sought out her number.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

The gas thing about this is that if the genders were reversed, you wouldn't hear anything about this at all.

Will most likely have the paw out looking for some kind of compo too. I'm not sure complaining to the Government will be of much use :rolleyes:

Total nonsense like I said before, it's storm in a teacup stuff, he's dumb and misjudged the situation and will prob lose his job now anyways.

The guy knew he was going el creepo anyway. He sent one 'hey' text then what himself (or hopefully realised it was creepy) and then waited to respond.

That probably made it worse because the girl was like 'who the f is this' for a few hours..

Either that or he is just really shy, but he still royally messed up the whole thing.

• Advertisement

EVERY woman has a story of telling a guy no and being at the very least abused for it. Why should she text him back? She doesn't owe him a ****ing thing.....

then don't text him back, no need to overreact

I say, like him for avoiding a date with a psychopath

He should have just said.. a parcel for a kiss a parcel for a kiss 😘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We are people not robots.
    It's ok to have human interactions while being at work.

This culture of jumping on anyone who remotely steps out of line is a tragedy of our times.

I agree, no problem with say a bit of flirting however this was definitely more than ‘remotely stepping out of line’... this was sprinting over the line... pulling her number from company documents and calling her that night ? Hmmm nahhh that’s pretty creeptastic.

kenmm wrote: »
    The guy knew he was going el creepo anyway. He sent one 'hey' text then what himself (or hopefully realised it was creepy) and then waited to respond.

That probably made it worse because the girl was like 'who the f is this' for a few hours..

Either that or he is just really shy, but he still royally messed up the whole thing.

The guy sent hey then he was busy probably doing other deliveries, he explained that later on. Normal guy
    She on the other hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

He was obviously an ugly oaf. If it was a Hugh Jackman lookalike we'd be reading a story about how romantic she found it that her now boyfriend fell in love with her while delivering her Argos order and sought out her number.

He obviously had a head like a boiled onion.

If that guy was 6'4 with a cleft chin he would be in her apartment at the minute having wine and netflix.

Usually only ugly guys are creeps, cute guys are "gas craic"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Possibly... but then the Hugh Jackman types don't wait until they drive away and then text you with a number you didn't give them!

They have the confidence to say what want to say in person! ;)

The gas thing about this is that if the genders were reversed, you wouldn't hear anything about this at all.

It is, but I don't think you can make the comparison.

Because really by saying 'if the genders were reversed' you would really need to reverse this going back decades/centuries in a non existent world where men had been sexually harassed by women.

What if her ex takes full advantage of the situation and goes around to her house and chops her up for firewood.
    Then the delivery guy will be put in the slammer for it...
    Omg omg this social media has me thinking all sorts. Like and share like and share..help help. Amazeballs

I agree, no problem with say a bit of flirting however this was definitely more than ‘remotely stepping out of line’... this was sprinting over the line... pulling her number from company documents and calling her that night ? Hmmm nahhh that’s pretty creeptastic.

He didn't pull her number from company documents

have you ever had anything delivered to you?
    You give your number, the carrier calls you up, you speak with the currier and then you meet for delivery
    her number was in his phone by then

• Advertisement

Still think he should have went old school and just asked her out in person, rather than being a big pu$$ie and texting her after he leaves!

And the added bonus, she can't put it on bookface if you choose this option. ;)

Everyone is so wrapped up in technology these days, people have actually lost the ability to communicate properly face-to-face.

Years ago he’d have sent her a love note instead of a text message!

The guy sent hey then he was busy probably doing other deliveries, he explained that later on. Normal guy
    She on the other hand

Probably busy stealing and trying out other phone numbers :-D

Nah, he bottled it. All day long. Then finally worked up the courage to go through with his mad plan.

Guy over steps both personal and professional boundaries to text a girl without her permission and she's the evil psychopathic bitch for *checks notes* asking who texted her and complaining about improper behaviour........

I love boards but for **** sake lads..... Do better.

He obviously had a head like a boiled onion.

If that guy was 6'4 with a cleft chin he would be in her apartment at the minute having wine and netflix.

Usually only ugly guys are creeps, cute guys are "gas craic"

he probably is decent looking enough to believe that he could pull this off.
    An ugly guy would be too insecure.

Unless she is ugly too, in which case the ugly guy might think to have a chance. Actually this is how it probably went LOL

He didn't pull her number from company documents

have you ever had anything delivered to you?
    You give your number, the carrier calls you up, you speak with the currier and then you meet for delivery
    her number was in his phone by then

I've worked on delivery trucks, he crossed a very big line. People give their number in confidence that it won't be abused.

Guy over steps both personal and professional boundaries to text a girl without her permission and she's the evil psychopathic bitch for *checks notes* asking who texted her and complaining about improper behaviour........

I love boards but for **** sake lads..... Do better.

The driver is being criticized for sending the text. That is universal. Stop pretending there is a disagreement on the thread about that.

She is rightly being criticized for her hysterical quotes and deciding to make the whole complaint public on social media.

• Advertisement

the way you describe it makes it even more obvious to me that she reacted like a psychopath

we are human beings and we interact with each other as part of life, what boundaries are you talking about?? he didn't sexually assaulted her. He sent her a text back after they had already met and spoken.

Someone asks you out? you can decline
    no big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

If there was no effing social media this would be a non event she would decline his offer and get on with it and he would go to the next customer. Boy asks girl out - big swinging mickey the woke society frighten the ****e out of themselves everyday - pathetic - how do they even breathe without some form of support group. I blame their stupid parents!

he probably is decent looking enough to believe that he could pull this off.
    An ugly guy would be too insecure.

Unless she is ugly too, in which case the ugly guy might think to have a chance. Actually this is how it probably went LOL

or he could have got drunk after sending the first text then when the drink kicked in he was like "nah fcuk it im gonna text her again, she was definitely into me"

The driver is being criticized for sending the text. That is universal. Stop pretending there is a disagreement on the thread about that.

She is rightly being criticized for her hysterical quotes and deciding to make the whole complaint public on social media.
    There's several people defending him or giving it the old "if it was the other way round".

She's been called a vindictive bitch, a psychopath, a gold digger, fame chaser and now ugly.

How anyone is painting her as the bad guy is beyond me......

It might get her Inst Followers up and she might be offered some affiliate work or an appearance on Love Island if it returns.

• Advertisement
Advertisement