Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare town move

Options
  • 14-08-2020 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am currently looking at houses in Kildare, particularly Ruanbeg and the Glebe estates. I will be moving myself and a young child to the area and commuting to Dublin for work, hopefully one 3 days per week. I am wondering if there is any update on these estates for moving? I see old threads mentioning the chilling plant smell and a lot of renters in the area. I am just looking for a quiet life! Any recommendations would be great. I also have Nurney in mind. All about budget. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I'd look at nurney over Ruanbeg. You'll get more house for your money.

Good village atmosphere in nurney. Friends live there and love it. Very little antisocial problems.

Local pub is decent, petrol station, creche and national school all there. Probably 10 minutes from Kildare Town.

Ruanbeg is a little nondescript. Chilling a factor on some days, but not as much further in the estate.

If looking at Kildare, I wouldn't discard the old council estates (most are private homes now) like Maryville, Roseville and Assumpta Villas. Not often that houses come up in those areas though.

Visit the areas on a warm Saturday evening and you'll get a good feel also Look at how gardens are kept especially near the property you are looking at.

For quiet life, I'd go nurney.

Advertisement