Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophopic graffiti in Bray.

Options
  • 14-08-2020 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭

Cllr Eirka Doyle has spent the morning with gardai, who are apparently taking this very seriously and will be investigating.

So here is the graffiti.

EfYBFVrXkAYW9oi?format=jpg&name=small

I'm a little confused as to how this is homophobic, maybe some boardsie can enlighten me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

"Were is all the Irish", wah? Can't even use the native language, ;).

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Who cares, its graffiti not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Cllr Eirka Doyle has spent the morning with gardai, who are apparently taking this very seriously and will be investigating.

So here is the graffit

I'm a little confused as to how this is homophobic, maybe some boardsie can enlighten me?

Because you "conveniently" left out the rest of the graffiti?

117842518_3729805410367451_3152341402120411815_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=3Mfw5bnPf-oAX9sNeRe&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=aa7a75f6c668e98f87ce90e4cb7a0261&oe=5F5E5391

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I believe there has been other “instances” of graffiti around the place.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Because you conveniently left out the rest of the graffiti?

117842518_3729805410367451_3152341402120411815_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=3Mfw5bnPf-oAX9sNeRe&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=aa7a75f6c668e98f87ce90e4cb7a0261&oe=5F5E5391
    Ha ha it was as you say very convenient that was left out of the original post wasn't it....

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Subscribers Posts: 41,654 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Someone has a serious case of the gemmaroids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I still don’t see what’s homophobic about it.

I’m genuinely asking and not trying to be a troll.

Is the fact that Mr O’Gorman is gay and him being called a pedophile considered to be homophobic? Or what am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If that's racist graffiti - go back to bed

• Advertisement

Probably had enough paint left over to paint their own car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

A lot of these cases end up being hoaxes , not saying it's the case here but it's prevalent in the states.

Is the fact that Mr O’Gorman is gay and him being called a pedophile considered to be homophobic? Or what am I missing?

Yes - calling a gay man a paedophile is homophobic
    Covering a car in "all lives matter" is racist

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

A lot of these cases end up being hoaxes , not saying it's the case here but it's prevalent in the states.

I'd bet my house that's the case here also.

Probably had enough paint left over to paint their own car.

Yeah right - as if people would do that to their own car :rolleyes:

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

But why is it homophobic because he’s gay?

Straight people can be paedophiles as well

I just see a person being called a paedo, it doesn’t matter what their sexuality is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I am confused also? Does not have any Homophobic phrases.

Yeah right - as if people would do that to their own car :rolleyes:

Ohh it happens. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Meh, that's objective to be honest. All politics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Probably did it themselves

• Advertisement

I am confused also? Does not have any Homophobic phrases.

Are the posters connecting it to homophobia the homophobic?

Are the posters connecting it to homophobia the homophobic?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Can someone please paint real cars Matter on that horrible yota hybrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

But why is it homophobic because he’s gay?

Straight people can be paedophiles as well

I just see a person being called a paedo, it doesn’t matter what their sexuality is

Well there are some misguided people who seem to believe that being gay and paedophile go hand in hand. I saw similar graffiti about O'Gorman on a lampost in Cork a few days ago and as a gay man I found it pretty offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,023 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Isn't the paedo thing more to do with him being photographed with Peter Tatchell?

Seamai wrote: »
    Well there are some misguided people who seem to believe that being gay and paedophile go hand in hand. I saw similar graffiti about O'Gorman on a lampost in Cork a few days ago and as a gay man I found it pretty offensive.

One of those misguided people happens to Cllr Erika Doyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

So woke of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,998 ✭✭✭✭Stark

o1s1n wrote: »
    Isn't the paedo thing more to do with him being photographed with Peter Tatchell?

Lots of people have been photographed with Peter Tatchell. Gemmaroid types picked on O'Gorman because they figured they could get the "gay man is paedophile" thing to stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

You do know the difference between pedophilia and homosexuality don’t you?? “All lives matter” is a valid statement and has no victim - the crime might be vandalism but there is nothing defamatory being written there?

• Advertisement

You do know the difference between pedophilia and homosexuality don’t you?? “All lives matter” is a valid statement and has no victim - the crime might be vandalism but there is nothing defamatory being written there?

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement