Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophopic graffiti in Bray.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

^^^ bit like the Luke Kelly statue vandalism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭MOR316

.anon. wrote: »
    There has been quite a bit of weird graffiti around Bray recently. I saw some on a wall this week that referred to George Soros funding BLM and also something about Bill Gates and Covid19. Same handwriting/scrawl as the racist and homophobic stuff, so probably the same person. Like I said, more likely to be the work of a lone nutter than an organisation.

Saw a great one where I live actually, made me smile.

"**** BILL GATES AND HIS VIRUS: IRA 2020" :D

I wouldn't trust Bill Gates with a pen but, that's not the point. "IRA 2020" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Yeah right - as if people would do that to their own car :rolleyes:

It has not been unknown for a certain party - not the Greens - to stage "attacks"on their homes and property.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Because you "conveniently" left out the rest of the graffiti?

117842518_3729805410367451_3152341402120411815_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=3Mfw5bnPf-oAX9sNeRe&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=aa7a75f6c668e98f87ce90e4cb7a0261&oe=5F5E5391

This is intentional misspelling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

It’s kids looking for attention, or an uneducated soul like the guy with the Luke Kelly statue, it was done to draw attention and upset people and clearly has

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There is something fishy about that graffitti: they can spell 'paedophile' but not 'does'.
    Graffitti usually just has 'pedo'.
    I think the culprit is somebody smart who is trying to make it look like the work of a knuckle dragger.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Stark wrote: »
    Lots of people have been photographed with Peter Tatchell. Gemmaroid types picked on O'Gorman because they figured they could get the "gay man is paedophile" thing to stick.

No they picked on ogorman because he’s the minister for children, the one position in the land that associating with a paedophile apologist is absolutey doubly not ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

I'm outraged i tells ya, outrageddddddddddddd!!!!!

Yawn

GT89 wrote: »
    Who is Hannah Fleming? Randomer or SJW?

Her whole twitter :
    Retweets ‘men are bad’ things
    Obsessively anti trump
    #blm

Im going to give her having done it herself for attention a 99% certainty level

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

There is something fishy about that graffitti: they can spell 'paedophile' but not 'does'.
    Graffitti usually just has 'pedo'.
    I think the culprit is somebody smart who is trying to make it look like the work of a knuckle dragger.

Its very obvious its a photo op to make themselves seem perpetually repressed, since when did paedophilia become synonymous with homosexuality, these people relish the thought of being the downtrodden minority but the truth is no one really gives a fcuk about them anymore, in their eyes being ignored by society is worse than being rejected by society, at least when they were fighting for their rights they had something to focus their energies on, nature hates a vacuum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,434 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I still don’t see what’s homophobic about it.

I’m genuinely asking and not trying to be a troll.

Is the fact that Mr O’Gorman is gay and him being called a pedophile considered to be homophobic? Or what am I missing?

"I dont mind gay people but I wouldnt want them teaching/around my children" If you have never heard that said before lucky you

breezy1985 wrote: »
    "I dont mind gay people but I wouldnt want them teaching/around my children" If you have never heard that said before lucky you

I think most people have heard that, but there is definitely a massive over correction against that view now which has almost become a shield that criticising any gay person for associating with a paedophile / paedophile apologist or them actually being a paedophile is met with talk of “youre just trying to make that association” Or disbelief.

The argument needs to be re centered and people need to accept that anyone can be a paedophile, the person being gay doesnt make them automatically a paedo/not a paedo

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Nothing homophobic about that graffiti
    Usual faux offended/outrage types being offended/outraged

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'm anti Graffiti but agree with the sentiment. Antifa are very noncy and Roddy O'Gorman is a creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I'm anti Graffiti but agree with the sentiment. Antifa are very noncy and Roddy O'Gorman is a creep.

Some examples

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

TomTomTim wrote: »

The far left tends to be perverted sexually.
    Anthony Weiner, Roman Polanski, Bill Clinton, R Kelly etc etc

Pkiernan wrote: »

Without doubt. The constant push for tolerance of unorthodox behavior is completely inline with this sentiment.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Allen Ginsberg deserves a place in this list too, a poet loved by the left, known for his support of pedophilia and the notorious group NAMBLA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Ah yes, infamous Marxist R Kelly.
    I hear the Trots have replaced The Internationale with Ignition as the song at the end of all their meetings.
    In fact are any of those far left? Even Clinton and Weiner, on the left centre of US politics, would have positions to the right of FG here.

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Ah yes, infamous Marxist R Kelly.
    I hear the Trots have replaced The Internationale with Ignition as the song the song at the end of all their meetings.
    In fact are any of those far left? Even Clinton and Weiner, on the left centre of US politics, would have positions to the right of FG here.

All heroes of the ultra left

• Advertisement

If the left aren't sexual creeps, then how come Kamala Harris is now delighted to be paired with the same Joe Biden she believes sexually assaulted women?

If the left aren't sexual creeps, then how come Kamala Harris is now delighted to be paired with the same Joe Biden she believes sexually assaulted women?

Because winning is more important than heing right in US politics, everyone knows that about the republicans but the democrats still have people pretending they have integrity

I think most people have heard that, but there is definitely a massive over correction against that view now which has almost become a shield that criticising any gay person for associating with a paedophile / paedophile apologist or them actually being a paedophile is met with talk of “youre just trying to make that association” Or disbelief.

The argument needs to be re centered and people need to accept that anyone can be a paedophile, the person being gay doesnt make them automatically a paedo/not a paedo
    Get over yourself Cartman, he didn't even know about the letter. Which isn't exactly surprising since he was a teen when it occurred, he distanced himself from Tatchell days before the white supremacist protest. So yes, repeatedly targeting a minister including via graffiti stinks of homophobia.

Oh and the people who led that protest are notorious homophobes. Were you going equally as ape when Theresa May met Tatchell in Downing Street? Cause by your logic, such graffiti would be fine in her case too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I don't give a damn about the nature of the graffiti but Bray is destroyed by the stuff - first thing that hits you as you approach the town from Dublin on the train. CIE have a large responsibility for graffiti getting out of hand on its property and spreading out from there. The gardai need to catch these scrotes and they need to be given community service removing their 'art' with a toothbrush. :mad:

Get over yourself Cartman, he didn't even know about the letter. Which isn't exactly surprising since he was a teen when it occurred, he distanced himself from Tatchell days before the white supremacist protest. So yes, repeatedly targeting a minister including via graffiti stinks of homophobia.

Oh and the people who led that protest are notorious homophobes.

It was an anti paedophile protest and he was targeted because he was childrens minister, its a complete cop out to say they were protesting him for being gay. The green party has still left the tatchell tweet up, and ogormans condemnation of him was lackluster , tatchell is even still a party member.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Kamala Harris is not left wing. She recently started giving some left wing type opinions but this is not credible. She is playing the game. If the democrats win Biden and Harris absolutely will not be left wing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Graffiti was only cool in the 80's when we had breakdancing and the best dancer's were African Americans.

Latinos,Blacks and White's all dancing together and getting along just fine.

Zero racism or cultural differences back then.

It all comes down to drugs, addiction and violent crime.
    It has nothing to do with race.

Turf war's

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

One person sprays some guff in a regional town and Ireland suddenly has a massive problem with homophobia?

The same Ireland that voted in a massive landslide to (rightly) allow gay marriage a few short years ago?

Somebody else sprays a car with "all lives matter" and we suddenly have a level of racism that even Ebun Joseph couldn't dream up in her wildest fantasies. Hardly the klan carrying out a lynching in fairness.

Glazers Out!

It was an anti paedophile protest and he was targeted because he was childrens minister, its a complete cop out to say they were protesting him for being gay. The green party has still left the tatchell tweet up, and ogormans condemnation of him was lackluster , tatchell is even still a party member.

So they were protesting the fact the tweet remained online? He's a member of the English Green Party I'm guessing so that's a tad irrelevant. O'Gorman said all he needed to say on it. He met the man once. Yes, they did target him because of him being gay hence them also fixating on his love of maps and famous paintings...

Anyone with a half a brain can tell that turnout at the protest was a bunch of right wing extremists.(they also randomly started shouting at people accusing them of paedophilia) Feck it, they had a noose poster. Who exactly were they going to lynch? There wasn't any specific paedophile, O'Gorman had already said he wouldn't have done the photo op if he was aware of the email.

And the rest of the nation are perfectly aware of what the motivations were. Hence multiple members of the government condemning the targeting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

nthclare wrote: »
    Turf war's

Is that something to do with that Ming fella from Roscommon?

Glazers Out!

Advertisement