Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophopic graffiti in Bray.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

o1s1n wrote: »
    Isn't the paedo thing more to do with him being photographed with Peter Tatchell?

Not just. Maps were an issue too and that had nothing to do with tatchell.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Not just. Maps were an issue too and that had nothing to do with tatchell.

To he fair on the map thing , the only stuff I saw on here was the usual hard left posters going mad saying the right would go mad about that, but it never materialised.

I think there was quite a successful attempt to dilute the issue, 90% of people only had an issue with o gormans link to tatchell as he was childrens minister , o gorman waited far too long to apologise, gave a lackluster apology, still left the tweet up.

Nothing to do with maps, being gay or thinking ogorman himself is a paedophile. All the blame for that lark is on tatchell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Think I read somewhere that O'Gorman's into the oul satanism aswell

Clinton and Weiner far left :pac: :pac:

F*ckin hell lads, where do yous pull this sh!te from at all???

To he fair on the map thing , the only stuff I saw on here was the usual hard left posters going mad saying the right would go mad about that, but it never materialised.

I think there was quite a successful attempt to dilute the issue, 90% of people only had an issue with o gormans link to tatchell as he was childrens minister , o gorman waited far too long to apologise, gave a lackluster apology, still left the tweet up.

Nothing to do with maps, being gay or thinking ogorman himself is a paedophile. All the blame for that lark is on tatchell

You're clearly misremembering that, fair few posters pushing the maps stuff, his posting of a parody in relation to a famous painting. Then some posters saying a gay person shouldn't be a minister...

Also plenty accusing him of being a paedophile apologist. It's also pretty reasonable not addressing it for about a week. The people pushing it tended to be white nationalists and homophobes...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"Were is all the Irish", wah? Can't even use the native language, ;).

Why is it that you never see right-wing graffiti without glaringly stupid spelling or grammatical errors?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You're clearly misremembering that, fair few posters pushing the maps stuff, his posting of a parody in relation to a famous painting. Then some posters saying a gay person shouldn't be a minister...

Also plenty accusing him of being a paedophile apologist. It's also pretty reasonable not addressing it for about a week. The people pushing it tended to be white nationalists and homophobes...

Ill agree that john connors is absolutely a homophobe, but I think youre twisting the story because you don’t like the people who discovered it.

Can you atleast admit tatchell is a disgusting person and a paedophike apologist and criticism of peter tatchell is completely justified.

Ill agree that john connors is absolutely a homophobe, but I think youre twisting the story because you don’t like the people who discovered it.

Can you atleast admit tatchell is a disgusting person and a paedophike apologist and criticism of peter tatchell is completely justified.

Hermann Kelly, Justin Barrett both rather homophobic as well... Gemma also homophobic. Justin famously blamed paedophilia in the church on gay people. Kelly wrote a book attacking a child sex abuse victim. But suddenly they develop concern? The protest was a mix of homophobia and the Irish far right trying to draw attention to themselves.

I disagree with Tatchell's remarks and view them as pretty poorly informed. I don't think he's a disgusting human being, I view him as ill informed on the topic and highly insensitive. However he has also don't plenty of activism that has been beneficial for human rights and he is recognised for this for good reason.

By your logic, Theresa May should have gotten a similar protest as she met him in Downing Street and praised his work on human rights.

I also view O'Gorman's response to it as completely reasonable, care to explain why you claimed that nobody was pushing the maps conspiracies on the site? Plenty of posters made insinuations. Plenty of those protesters were too.... Also who exactly did that protest want to lynch since they weren't protesting any actual paedophile?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

Homophobic graffiti pops up and the usual names are all falling over each other to signal how good and virtuous they are by dismissing it as a hoax. Oh and pretending they don't know that saying gay men are automatically paedophiles because they're gay isn't old propaganda. But mostly it's just the incredibly tedious cries of 'hoax'. Anything to avoid addressing the issues in your group, eh lads?

But what else can you expect from our own homophobic creeps? They'll scream and whinge about Muslims' views of LGBT people because it's a convenient cover but when it comes to their own views of the LGBT community, they're just as hateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Justin famously blamed paedophilia in the church on gay people.

Adults men who have sex with teenage boys are gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Pkiernan wrote: »
    If the left aren't sexual creeps, then how come Kamala Harris is now delighted to be paired with the same Joe Biden she believes sexually assaulted women?

The same Kamala Harris(29) that had an affair with Willie Brown(then 60).

How lucky for her to be granted such great positions of power soon after, thanks to Willie, the mayor.

• Advertisement

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Adults men who have sex with teenage boys are gay.

The research does not back up paedophilia being based on being straight or gay. Victims are chosen based on access the abuser has rather than on them being male or female. This is backed up by research. Feel free to look up the studies cited on below site, Groth being a key one.
    I'm guessing you can't produce any research that abuse in the church was because of gay people... You're pushing a line about church sexual abuse that has been utterly rejected.
    https://www.zeroabuseproject.org/victim-assistance/jwrc/keep-kids-safe/sexual-offenders-101/sexuality-of-offenders/
    2u2me wrote: »

How lucky for her to be granted such great positions of power soon after, thanks to Willie, the mayor.

He was separated from his wife for about fifteen years so not exactly an affair. She's also had an incredibly successful all based on her own skills tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

2u2me wrote: »

I blagged my way into Willie Brown's office when he was Mayor of SF!

Got as far as his second secretary before they realised I wasn't scheduled to meet him!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

nullzero wrote: »
    One person sprays some guff in a regional town and Ireland suddenly has a massive problem with homophobia?

The same Ireland that voted in a massive landslide to (rightly) allow gay marriage a few short years ago?

Somebody else sprays a car with "all lives matter" and we suddenly have a level of racism that even Ebun Joseph couldn't dream up in her wildest fantasies. Hardly the klan carrying out a lynching in fairness.
    Well both the so called definitions imported from America of "Left" and "Right" are two cheeks of the same arse in this sorta thing. Namely histrionic overreaction from the oversensitive, who see their "enemy" everywhere because it suits their moronic and simplistic worldview and take to twitter to shriek about it.

One bunch see an Arab bloke in a village in Cork and shriek about "replacement", or a Gay teacher and shriek about the "Homosexual agenda". The other bunch are convinced the country is a racist, sexist, homophobic and whateveryourehavingyourselfphobic hellhole. Both are a bunch of woefully misguided and misinformed hysterics and neither will listen to any reason but their own. About the only difference between them is one bunch of hysterics gets more mainstream airtime.

Sadly we've imported too damned much of this divisive reactionary over emotional nonsense from the Yanks

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No matter which direction you look there’s someone wanting and waiting to be offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

One person sprays some guff in a regional town and Ireland suddenly has a massive problem with homophobia?

The same Ireland that voted in a massive landslide to (rightly) allow gay marriage a few short years ago?

Somebody else sprays a car with "all lives matter" and we suddenly have a level of racism that even Ebun Joseph couldn't dream up in her wildest fantasies. Hardly the klan carrying out a lynching in fairness.

Just you watch. In 50 years time this graffiti incident will be up there with Rosa Parks on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

So it's now completely acceptable to refer to half of the political aisle as having a pedophile problem, jesus tapdancing christ.

The Gemma O'Dohertys of the world may stand a cat in hell's chance of ever being elected, but they've done an excellent job of normalising this sort of gutter discourse.

I could do a google search and come up with any number of instances of figures on the right-wing with child sex abuse allegations or convictions. I'd be insane to conclude from this that pedophilia is somehow entrenched in right wing circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

RWCNT wrote: »
    So it's now completely acceptable to refer to half of the political aisle as having a pedophile problem, jesus tapdancing christ.

The Gemma O'Dohertys of the world may stand a cat in hell's chance of ever being elected, but they've done an excellent job of normalising this sort of gutter discourse.

I could do a google search and come up with any number of instances of figures on the right-wing with child sex abuse allegations or convictions. I'd be insane to conclude from this that pedophilia is somehow entrenched in right wing circles.

Yep - the far right have an obsession with paedophiles and calling people paedophiles/paedophile supporters - so basically anyone who disagrees with them ever is a paedophile/paedophile supporter and The Far Right and Conspiracy drivel etc have normalised this lunacy.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Yes - calling a gay man a paedophile is homophobic
    Covering a car in "all lives matter" is racist

You truly believe that which is the scariest thing.

Calling someone a paedophile is not homophobic regardless of their gender.

Covering a car with all lives matter is not racist.

It's this mentality which has eroded the seriousness and legitimacy of such words.

You truly believe that which is the scariest thing.

Calling someone a paedophile is not homophobic regardless of their gender.

Covering a car with all lives matter is not racist.

It's this mentality which has eroded the seriousness and legitimacy of such words.

Calling a person who is not a paedophile one, when they're gay does tend to reek of homophobia. The All Lives Matter tagline has tended to be pushed by racists to avoid the issues that the black lives matter campaign has raised.

Calling a person who is not a paedophile one, when they're gay does tend to reek of homophobia. The All Lives Matter tagline has tended to be pushed by racists to avoid the issues that the black lives matter campaign has raised.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

In point of fact paedophilia and Homosexuality are in no way related to each other.

You are taking what you want from what you're seeing. All lives do matter, not only black people are being or have been oppressed. Current "right on" thought processes are insanely predictable and seek to find offence in everything by reducing everything down to the most easily digested form of perceived right and wrong.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Yep - the far right have an obsession with paedophiles and calling people paedophiles/paedophile supporters - so basically anyone who disagrees with them ever is a paedophile/paedophile supporter and Gemma/Qanon etc have normalised this lunacy.

The problem is that there are those in society who would perpetuate the myth that "all of x group" do "y" and are all guilty of the same.There will always be these people, frankly on both side of any argument/debate.

Example for the left "all religious are against abortions", this is false as there a number of people who are very religious however recognize the requirement for abortions being required in some circumstances. OR. "All/most white CIS men are instinctively racist, homophobic or transphobic" etc.

Example from the right "all those who are gay are pedophiles" when there are male/female pedophiles (of various sexualities) who have abused children. OR "liberals are mass murders for support genocide of babies by allowing abortion" Reality there are those left leaning who do not agree with abortion in totality or certain circumstances.

However no matter which "side" you are on there will be those in society who have made questionable decisions that go against principles they claim they support.

Example for the left - David Norris, an openly gay man who had a partner who is a convicted pedophile, he wrote a letter for in support of this partner and some people on the right, use as easy bait and ammo to attack the left.

Example for the right - The catholic church covering up and protecting pedophiles. Some on the left use this to attack every priest/catholic church as being pedophiles, when not every priest is a pedophile.

Inevitably it comes down to behavioral manipulation and there will always be these 2 sides as it is not possible to "teach" one side or the other out of existence. With ever evolving technology its making it harder to control the extremists no matter which set of values are important to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

In point of fact paedophilia and Homosexuality are in no way related to each other.

Have you ever faced bigotry for your sexuality though? Are you gay or straight, can I ask?

They're not related, but for years they were lumped into the same category of "sexual deviants" and people started to think that they were mutually inclusive. There is still an underlying homophobic sentiment out there. Even just looking at the homophobic *attacks* in the last year or so, no mind a bitta spray paint on a wall.

It's not alt left sjw-ey to call it homophobic, it is. As a gay man, ironically, I would have less of a problem being called a F___ than a pedo. Calling someone an f is usually like calling your overweight friend a fat c in an argument - it's just meant to be inflammatory, so what. But being called a pedo is different, it shows a mistrust and disgust of gays. Being called it, and thinking that people think that of you is depressing.

You are taking what you want from what you're seeing. All lives do matter, not only black people are being or have been oppressed. Current "right on" thought processes are insanely predictable and seek to find offence in everything by reducing everything down to the most easily digested form of perceived right and wrong.
    And I would say case in point, a poster only a page back is trying to blame church sexual abuse on homosexuality.

The All Lives Matter tagline entirely exists to dismiss real issues. It's up there with people who complain about the lack of straight pride rallies. I've not seen the phrase ever used to highlight actual oppression and black lives matter never denied that other forms of oppression exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Yep - the far right have an obsession with paedophiles and calling people paedophiles/paedophile supporters - so basically anyone who disagrees with them ever is a paedophile/paedophile supporter and The Far Right and Conspiracy drivel etc have normalised this lunacy.

Replace "Right" with "Left" and replace "Paedophile" with "Racist"...both sides using the same blanket smear tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Yes - calling a gay man a paedophile is homophobic

I dont think it is because he is gay I think it has more to do with Peter Tatchell and Roderick O Gorman friendship with him.

Do you think sexual relations between a grown man and a youth are appropriate?

I dont think it is because he is gay I think it has more to do with Peter Tatchell and Roderick O Gorman friendship with him.

Do you think sexual relations between a grown man and a youth are appropriate?

They met each other once and he condemned the remarks which he wasn't aware of.... So yes, I think that amounts to homophobic. I wouldn't say somebody engaging in such graffiti has particularly noble intent. Don't recall Theresa May getting protests after meeting him and praising him in Downing Street.

Also a tad telling that the OP omitted the worst of the graffiti.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,434 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Remember when the Democrats in the US were accused of having a pedo ring in a pizza place and everyone laughed and thought oh those crazy Americans.

Well this country is getting closer to having a successful Trump/Bannon monster everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I dont see it as a homophobic attack. But it's something far worse. Accusing someone of been a pedo is extremely damaging to someones reputation. I'd say it's even worse than been accused of murder.

• Advertisement

And I would say case in point, a poster only a page back is trying to blame church sexual abuse on homosexuality.

The All Lives Matter tagline entirely exists to dismiss real issues. It's up there with people who complain about the lack of straight pride rallies. I've not seen the phrase ever used to highlight actual oppression and black lives matter never denied that other forms of oppression exist.

I haven't read the study you posted, but I too would be of the impression that a grown man engaging in sex with a person of the same sex, regardless of age, would be engaging in a homosexual act.

I'll be open to correction and will read the report later, but it's not my opinion that it would be wrong or homophobic to call male on male paedophilic acts gay.

Advertisement