Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophopic graffiti in Bray.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

then why are you defending him? Gay men are not sacred cows that cannot commit crimes or have other peccadilloes. It was what the man has said.

I wasn't defending him, I was giving you a reading lesson.

then why are you defending him? Gay men are not sacred cows that cannot commit crimes or have other peccadilloes. It was what the man has said.

Tatchell also said it was "impossible to condone". So while it was an ignorant remark imho, it was not remotely saying it was okay. Richard Dawkins made similarly ignorant remarks a few years back.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/09/richard-dawkins-defends-mild-pedophilia-again-and-again/311230/

Also just to highlight, I don't think any poster in this thread has said his remarks were okay. But multiple posters have chosen to accuse people of being paedophile apologists. Also the same posters seem to have no issue with the actual graffiti the thread is in relation to.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Why are you overlooking the Milo cheerleaders?
    As for the convicted paedophile Polanski.. straight men are not sacred cows who cannot commit crimes or have other peccadilloes.
    That fair enough??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

southstar wrote: »
    Why are you overlooking the Milo cheerleaders?
    As for the convicted paedophile Polanski.. straight men are not sacred cows who cannot commit crimes or have other peccadilloes.
    That fair enough??

It was the cheerleaders that deserted him. That says more about their character than anything else.

As for straight men having peccadilloes, I have never heard a straight man hide behind a rock shouting "heterophobia" big difference. Straight men are fair game in the media and I am alright with that when they are caught out in the open. But a member of the LGBT community cannot be challenged?

Dan Simon wrote: »
    Seriously, stop defending the guy. Him being gay does not make his views ok.

Where did I ever say his views are okay? Nobody has said they were...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Because he thinks sex with children is ok.
    If you share Thatchell's views you will, rightfully be labelled a paedophile. Being gay will not protect you from that, nor should it.

Until someone is sexually atrracted to children, they aren't bloody pedophiles! Why does this have to be pointed out...?

Pedo-sympathiser,, yeah, fine - but they aren't actually the same thing.

And what does this have to do with being gay? Or are people saying that sympathising with pedophiles makes you gay now, but that's not homophobic?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

You seem very keen on defending him.

I'll repeat, where did I say the beliefs were okay? Do you think the graffiti about O'Gorman is acceptable? Most of you guys seem to avoiding that.

It was the cheerleaders that deserted him. That says more about their character than anything else.

As for straight men having peccadilloes, I have never heard a straight man hide behind a rock shouting "heterophobia" big difference. Straight men are fair game in the media and I am alright with that when they are caught out in the open. But a member of the LGBT community cannot be challenged?

The term homophobia was used in reference to the mob of absolute wasters trying to destroy O Gormans character outside the Dail and elsewhere...not Tatchell...Oh and the semi literate graffiti posted earlier that linked same with paedophilia.
    All this craven dissembling is quite transparent
    These clowns are so ****in dumb that they post their rallies on YouTube...it's all there to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Have you ever heard of people holding ignorant views and believing myths?

There's a HUGE difference between a private citizen and an elected Government Official having horrible and downright evil views. One can be ignored while the other is in position to enact his horrible views.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    There's a HUGE difference between a private citizen and an elected Government Official having horrible and downright evil views. One can be ignored while the other is in position to enact his horrible views.

There's absolutely no indication that Roderick O'Gorman holds those views... So your point seems to be rather pointless...

• Advertisement

Mr Karate ...I've got to break it to you...you do yourself no favours when you post nonsense like this

Pedo-sympathiser,, yeah, fine - but they aren't actually the same thing.

Do you think that all the lads and ladies in the office in National Rifle Association in the United States are just advocating for the Fourth Amendment or do you think they like to shoot at the weekend? Or do you think they like to receive subsidised rifles and sample ammo?

Or do you think they like to go to the range at the weekend and think the bigger the calibre the better? I think so too. The difference is one is legal and the other isnt. They are both just advocates.

There's absolutely no indication that Roderick O'Gorman holds those views... ...

True but he didnt say "I dont know this guy from Adam. I wouldnt get on stage with him and he has nothing to do with any of my agendas or influence me."

True but he didnt say "I dont know this guy from Adam. I wouldnt get on stage with him and he has nothing to do with any of my agendas or influence me."

O'Gorman was 17 when the letter was written and it amounts to a tiny part of Tatchell's life. So it's not exactly out there that he wouldn't know of it. So ultimately you guys have zero basis for claiming that O'Gorman holds such views. Theresa May met with him the same year and I'd comfortably say that she wouldn't agree with such views.

Neither did Boris Johnson or Teresa May.

Goodshape wrote: »
    Why was this one man being called a pedophile?

My best guess was the fact that he was pictured with a man who has questionable opinions regarding underage sex and their relationship was embellished by some horrible people to be more than what it was and people, who did no research apart from what they saw on twitter, believed him to be a supporter.

Also, I would guess that the graffiti was, at best, dubious with regards to it's authenticity and wouldn't be unreasonable to harbour the thought it might be staged.

Where did I ever say his views are okay? Nobody has said they were...

I agree. You openly said you disagreed with him.

You did also say that there was more to him than that and he should be recognised for all his good work. Do you hold everyone else to that standard though?

Tommy Robinson has an odious past and a lot of his actions are terrible. Do you give him credit for any good work he has done?

I agree. You openly said you disagreed with him.

You did also say that there was more to him than that and he should be recognised for all his good work. Do you hold everyone else to that standard though?

Tommy Robinson has an odious past and a lot of his actions are terrible. Do you give him credit for any good work he has done?
    I recognise him for his past work, I don't require you to. Robinson also hasn't done anything good, certain people just claim he is responsible for things he wasn't....

southstar wrote: »
    Neither did Boris Johnson or Teresa May.

I cannot comment on Teresa May but the photo op with Boris Johnston and his father looks uncomfortable. Sometimes it about the things that are not said. They say 90% of communication is non verbal.

Like the difference of a disaffected discharged austrian NCO having a shout in a Munich beer hall compared to the Chancellor of Germany looking on all his great works and wondering what he could do next?

• Advertisement

I recognise him for his past, I don't require you to. Robinson also hasn't done anything good, certain people just claim he is responsible for things he wasn't....

Tommy Robinson would never have risen to attention if the Police and Labour MPs didnt act hard and fast to clamp down on the pedophile grooming gangs of Rotherham, Telford and the surrounding areas. Like dogs with a taste for blood, they knew they could get away with it.

Like the difference of a disaffected discharged austrian NCO having a shout in a Munich beer hall compared to the Chancellor of Germany looking on all his great works and wondering what he could do next?

It's gets more bizarre.....talk about waffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Brian? wrote: »
    She didn’t have “an affair” with Willie Brown. He was separated from his wife for 10 years when they dated for a while.

Jesus, it’s amazing how you this “slept her way to the top” narrative was accepted as true. She’s an incredibly capable and intelligent woman, why do people need a seedy reason she’s successful?

She did sleep her way to the top. It's not my narrative, it's the narrative of Janice Fiamengo(professor at the university of Ottawa) and snopes.com. Why else would she sleep with a married man twice her age when she was around 30? Maybe she's just into some kinky stuff?

Snopes.com:
    What's True
    Harris did date former San Francisco Mayor and State Assembly Speaker Willie Brown for a period of time between 1994 to 1995. In his capacity as speaker, Brown appointed her to two political posts — first to the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, and then to the Medical Assistance Commission.
    Snopes fact check

Willie Brown has since said:
    "The difference is that Harris is the only one who, after I helped her, sent word that I would be indicted if I 'so much as jaywalked' while she was D.A.," Brown wrote. "That’s politics for ya."
    USA Today

Do you know how much money those positions paid? Do you know how qualified she was for those positions?

Janice Fiamengo explains here:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

2u2me wrote: »
    She did sleep her way to the top. It's not my narrative, it's the narrative of Janice Fiamengo(professor at the university of Ottawa) and snopes.com. Why else would she sleep with a married man twice her age when she was around 30? Maybe she's just into some kinky stuff?

Snopes.com:

Snopes fact check

Willie Brown has since said:

USA Today

Do you know how much money those positions paid? Do you know how qualified she was for those positions?

Janice Fiamengo explains here:

Bull ****.

Did she sleep with a few million voters to get elected first as DA and then a few million more to get elected as a senator?

I have no idea why she slept with Brown, but I’ve no doubt it helped her career. But she’s more successful than Brown ever was now. Sleeping with Brown didn’t win her elections.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I have no idea why she slept with Brown, but I’ve no doubt it helped her career. But she’s more successful than Brown ever was now. Sleeping with Brown didn’t win her elections.

He says he helped her in her first election. But she has distanced herself from him since in quite a nasty kind of way and you're right she has won the elections since without his help entirely.

I'll agree with what you've written above though I was being hyperbolic but the question still remains; why? He was known widely as an influence peddlar before his relationship with Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Do you think that all the lads and ladies in the office in National Rifle Association in the United States are just advocating for the Fourth Amendment or do you think they like to shoot at the weekend? Or do you think they like to receive subsidised rifles and sample ammo?

Or do you think they like to go to the range at the weekend and think the bigger the calibre the better? I think so too. The difference is one is legal and the other isnt. They are both just advocates.

Think you replied to wrong post here? - nothing to do with what I wrote.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Once Milo said that all credibility he had went away. His follower ran, speaking engagements cancelled. The left are still hoping to clear Roman polanskis name. Meryl Streep still fondly remembers her old friend.
    So when you say 'the left' who exactly are you referring to here? Who does this collective term apply to?
    It absolutely is not.

That is a ridiculous statement.

Saying all gays are paedophiles is undoubtedly homophobic. Saying "A" gay man is a paedophile is not homophobic.

It's a bit of a big coincidence that the one Minister picked out for this kind of attention happens to be the gay one, right?
    I dont know who Judge Rinder is? But he should be smart enough not to put himself in those positions like Judge Curtin, lie down with dogs and get up with fleas.
    Not really - getting your photograph taken with someone means nothing more than you got your photograph taken with someone. It doesn't mean that you endorse everything they have every said over their entire life.
    Is that the AsIam postition on having sex with minors?
    I've no idea. Why are you asking me about an autism charity?
    Interesting.

Are you advocating that "hate speech" shouldn't be punishable?

Do you need someone to explain the difference between hate speech and someone taking a position on proposing change to legislation?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Unsurprisingly, the thread has done down a very predictable path of agendas being pushed, rather than discussing the topic of the thread - Homophopic graffiti in Bray.

Cleaning up the thread right now, but if the thread continues in the direction it's been on for the last few hours, I'm closing the thread.

I have no idea why she slept with Brown, but I’ve no doubt it helped her career.

Yikes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Who is Hannah Fleming?

Advertisement