Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midleton Mens Shed

Options
  • 15-08-2020 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I have been saving used plastic milk containers for several months now. Filling them with plastic wrappers. The Mens Shed were using them as building plastic blocks. I now have a lot of them but can't get any answer from the number I was given as a contact for the shed. I've left messages also and sent a text. Can anyone help with a contact? Or does anyone know of a scheme using these plastic building blocks . Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

That seems a bad approach to dealing with waste plastic.
    Plastic milk bottles are premium grade plastic and can be readily recycled (thus reducing the production of new plastics from fossil-fuels).
    Instead yours could be left to degrade in the environment?

I recommend you deposit them at an amenity tip - and ignore whatever MMS are up to.
    The plastic wrappers are a different matter of course. Only some amenity tips accept them and I expect they are incinerated.

Theoretically there may also be an issue of giving your waste to an unlicenced "operator".

Advertisement