Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Reset Alarm

Options
  • 15-08-2020 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi All,

Recently moved into a house that had an alarm installed - HKC securewatch (IS 199 1987).

The problem is, We have no contact with the previous owner (believe they passed) and the auctioneer does not know the code. The company that installed the alarm are no longer in business so cannot contact them for assistance.

We had a power outage recently and the alarm was ringing for quite a bit so not ideal.

I contacted a few of the local alarm companies so far and they took details about the alarm and said they would get back to me but still waiting. One engineer did provide me with some codes to try based on info he had about the previous company but none worked.. One did say "access denied' but that was about it.

What I did here so far is that it may require the panel to be changed costing €400 - €500. I would have assumed that this kind of scenario would be common so surprised at the expense. This does seem accurate or is there other actions I can take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

sitja wrote: »
    Hi All,

Recently moved into a house that had an alarm installed - HKC securewatch (IS 199 1987).

The problem is, We have no contact with the previous owner (believe they passed) and the auctioneer does not know the code. The company that installed the alarm are no longer in business so cannot contact them for assistance.

We had a power outage recently and the alarm was ringing for quite a bit so not ideal.

I contacted a few of the local alarm companies so far and they took details about the alarm and said they would get back to me but still waiting. One engineer did provide me with some codes to try based on info he had about the previous company but none worked.. One did say "access denied' but that was about it.

What I did here so far is that it may require the panel to be changed costing €400 - €500. I would have assumed that this kind of scenario would be common so surprised at the expense. This does seem accurate or is there other actions I can take?

If you are just looking for a reset then there should be no need to upgrade the system, that is unless you want extra features that newer systems would have.

Advertisement