Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

check balance with an atm card

Options
  • 15-08-2020 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

My daughter has an atm only card no chip, how can she check her balance using her card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

upinthesky wrote: »
    My daughter has an atm only card no chip, how can she check her balance using her card?
    Hi upinthesky,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

If she has an ATM only card, she should have the facility to check her balance at an ATM. However, I would recommend calling into the local branch with photo ID and one of my colleagues will be more than happy to help her there. 

I hope this helps. 

If there is anything else we can help with, please get in touch.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Hi upinthesky,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

If she has an ATM only card, she should have the facility to check her balance at an ATM. However, I would recommend calling into the local branch with photo ID and one of my colleagues will be more than happy to help her there. 

I hope this helps. 

If there is anything else we can help with, please get in touch.

Many thanks,
    Megan

She has tried using an bank of Ireland atm but it says the card is not valid for banking 365 and as she works during school holidays it’s hard to get into a bank, why set students up with cards and account numbers if they can’t withdraw there money with them?

Advertisement