Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Advice For New Build

Options
  • 15-08-2020 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I moved into a new build recently which used to be a field. My garden is in pretty bad shape with weeds, moss, stones and it seems no matter what I do the weeds and moss keep growing with grass only growing in patches. I feel like it needs a complete overhaul but I'm not sure what way to go about doing this. I'd rather not hire in a company to do this for me as I'd prefer to do it myself. I've seen varying approaches online but hoping someone on this forum could give me a better idea on what would work in my scenario in the Irish climate.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Some pics would help to establish what kind of land it is. It could be poorly drained. How big is it? Could you get someone in to plough and harrow it? Or a rotovator.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,070 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There's a great thread where someone renovated their large lawns. Can't think of what to search for.

It's getting late this year, and the usual approach involves a couple of cycles of weedkilling, so if you want results this year I'd get the landscapers in. I've seen what professionals can do with the right equipment and the results are amazing, and fast.

Advertisement