Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowgate

Options
  • 15-08-2020 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

This is interesting

https://www.rt.com/usa/498072-millie-weaver-documentary-arrest-shadowgate/
    Infowars reporter Millie Weaver ‘arrested’ mid-premiere of her whistleblowing investigation into ‘shadow government’

Investigative reporter Millie Weaver and her husband have reportedly been arrested at the same time her documentary on the US “shadow government” was being screened on YouTube, sending Conservative Twitter into theory overdrive.
    Weaver’s “arrest” at the couple’s home – which has yet to be confirmed by authorities – was initially reported by Infowars on Friday, shortly after the YouTube premiere of her documentary film “ShadowGate.” The film purports to expose the secrets of the massive ‘Deep State’ intelligence apparatus manipulating politics within the US and beyond its borders, based on the reports of two private intelligence whistleblowers.

Video of the couple’s apparent arrest, shot by Weaver herself, was posted to Twitter by her Infowars colleague Adan Salazar, opening on Weaver asking in disbelief if “a grand jury indicted [her].”

Here is the documentary

570k views in 19 hrs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,033 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/infowars-reporter-millie-weaver-arrest/
    The Daily Dot has learned she was arrested for alleged robbery and domestic violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

You mean to say that someone who works for Infowars is a scumbag, and conspiracy theorists are trying to say sh was arrested because of a youtube video!!
    It’s a brave new world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Ipso wrote: »
    You mean to say that someone who works for Infowars is a scumbag, and conspiracy theorists are trying to say sh was arrested because of a youtube video!!
    It’s a brave new world.

LOL

Good documentary though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

enno99 wrote: »
    LOL

I’m sure. They have to somehow preempt Trumps cluelessness. She has a gofundme, definitely not angrift. Go do your bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

enno99 wrote: »
    LOL

Well given that it seems to be based on Qanon stuff and is connected to Alex Jones' Info Wars and given how Russia Today is spinning the story, it's very unlikely that the documentary is very good or factual.

What about the documentary was convincing to you?
    Why should other people ignore the massive red flags about the documentary?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Dohnjoe wrote: »

I have not watched the video and my post has nothing to do with her supposed ground breaking video..

I just read the info in the links provided here. The specifics of the case are not told yet, to truly call this a conspiracy

It still an odd event not fully explained yet.

Alleged robbery of whose property, though no specifics provided? Evidence tampering was another charge? One charge is domestic abuse and yet both her and husband both got arrested by the police? Obstruction of Justice?

Usually you have one partner phoning the police on another here, but they're saying both of them got arrested. No mention of when this disturbance occurred at the home and when it happened. What evidence was she tampering with here and what the obstruction of justice claim here about?

I have not watched the video and my post has nothing to do with her supposed ground breaking video..

I just read the info in the links provided here. The specifics of the case are not told yet, to truly call this a conspiracy

It still an odd event not fully explained yet.

Alleged robbery of whose property, though no specifics provided? Evidence tampering was another charge? One charge is domestic abuse and yet both her and husband both got arrested by the police? Obstruction of Justice?

Usually you have one partner phoning the police on another here, but they're saying both of them got arrested. No mention of when this disturbance occurred at the home and when it happened. What evidence was she tampering with here and what the obstruction of justice claim here about?

That information is not available yet and will remain under seal until she appears before a judge. Keep in mind this isn't some reporter or normal professional, this is a person who peddles in false information for a living, so if she's been up to her neck in illegal activity colour me "shocked"

"A few days prior to her arrest, Weaver — who consistently traffics in misleading or false information — uploaded a video asserting that a “small group of government contractors were hired by government officials to frame the Trump campaign and set him up for the Russia collusion investigation.” (For what it’s worth, Jones had previously claimed that Weaver was in possession of secret Hillary Clinton emails and could prove that former President Barack Obama personally controls the U.S. media.)"
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/infowars-correspondent-arrested-on-multiple-felony-charges-including-robbery-and-obstructing-justice-reports/ar-BB180s6d

More details here
    https://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/2020/08/infowars-correspondent-arrested-on-robbery-domestic-violence-charges-in-portage-county.html

Yeah, the arrest is sus as f*ck..
    As for the video..
    There's definitely a load of this sort of thing going on now..
    I don't know about the two in it, but like, it's obviously happening..

That information is not available yet and will remain under seal until she appears before a judge. Keep in mind this isn't some reporter or normal professional, this is a person who peddles in false information for a living, so if she's been up to her neck in illegal activity colour me "shocked"

"A few days prior to her arrest, Weaver — who consistently traffics in misleading or false information — uploaded a video asserting that a “small group of government contractors were hired by government officials to frame the Trump campaign and set him up for the Russia collusion investigation.” (For what it’s worth, Jones had previously claimed that Weaver was in possession of secret Hillary Clinton emails and could prove that former President Barack Obama personally controls the U.S. media.)"
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/infowars-correspondent-arrested-on-multiple-felony-charges-including-robbery-and-obstructing-justice-reports/ar-BB180s6d

More details here
    https://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/2020/08/infowars-correspondent-arrested-on-robbery-domestic-violence-charges-in-portage-county.html

Weird thing if true she being held without bond?

She claims, and her claim, a grand jury convicted here? That sounds like some cloak and dagger government secret trial or something? Of course she could be a crazy woman telling lies on video and cops siad nothing to her about a grand jury?

We have to watch and see how long they hold her for and what this is all about?

As for the video..

The cop was talking to someone on the phone. He asked was this a grand jury or indictment? There something going on here alright, but not sure what it's about. Seems the charges got filed in a court by someone" and officer came out to arrest her for it?

• Advertisement

Weird thing if true she being held without bond?

She claims, and her claim, a grand jury convicted here? That sounds like some cloak and dagger government secret trial or something? Of course she could be a crazy woman telling lies on video and cops siad nothing to her about a grand jury?

Seems like standard procedure with certain cases in the US

https://www.justice.gov/usao/justice-101/charging

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/charged-with-crime-how-29677.html

As for the video..

Or it could be a shady bull**** merchant who works for the top bull**** merchant website is using bull**** to spin their ****ty behaviour into marketing for their bull**** documentary.

If this really was a politically motivated arrest, why would they wait for the documentary to be finished and about to be released? This would just draw more attention to it and give it legitimacy and still result in it being released.

Seems like it would make more sense for them to nip her investigation in the bud before she found anything, never mind filmed it and released it.

So how much have you donated to her legal fund?

I have donated nothing to her legal fund..
    Yeah, it could be staged..

But yeah, it might not be too..
    Pretty f*cked if it isn't..
    All very 1984..

And people justifying it..

Why not?
    According to you guys this was an obvious case of the government attacking a journalist to cover something up.

Why wouldn't you donate to her or buy her documentary?
    All very 1984..

But it doesn't make sense for it to be part of a conspiracy as:
    1. They wouldn't have arrested her in a way that promotes her documentary.
    and 2. it's all based on Qanon bull**** and promoted by Infowars, so we know it's not going to be a factual documentary.

So that explanation isn't likely.

Yeah, it could be staged..

All very 1984..

Out of curiosity, every time someone is indicted by a grand jury in the US you donate to their legal fund, or just this one specific person?

A person who literally makes a living peddling false information..

There's nothing about q anon in the documentary..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"Infowars reporter"

I stopped there

Out of curiosity, every time someone is indicted by a grand jury in the US you donate to their legal fund, or just this one specific person?

A person who literally makes a living peddling false information..

This is not coherent..

There's nothing about q anon in the documentary..

Info wars is a site that peddles the Qanon stuff amoung the mountains of bull**** they sell.
    "Deep state" is a common Qanon trope.
    It seems to claim all the exact same stuff as Qanon.

It's the exact same thing even if they don't reference it directly.

I made a few other points in my post please go back and address them. Thanks.

She claims on video this is the first time she knew of it? Cop shows up at her door and says you now being arrested for this, come with me now. Held without bond- means no amount of money will get her released from jail. The charges seem very serious. It doesn't read like she stole money or took an expensive vase from a house, it reads like she got possession of federal US government property? A grand jury/indictment for a domestic abuse case is extreme.

I only watch the video, If she's not a crazy woman.

• Advertisement

She claims on video this is the first time she knew of it?
    Yea. A "reporter" from Infowars.
    There's no way she can be lying...
    We just gotta take her word for it...

This is not coherent..

It's coherent but I'll simplify for you

You claimed to have sent this person money for court costs. Is this something you commonly do in these types of cases (indictment by secret jury is not uncommon in the US) or is there a particular reason why you are sending this person money?

The person that you've sent money to is an Infowars pundit. It's someone who sells fear/paranoid/false information for a living. Like Alex Jones. Worth nothing that it's interesting when these types of people get to court, they seem to suddenly become quite honest about how fake their info/beliefs are.

King Mob wrote: »
    Info wars is a site that peddles the Qanon stuff amoung the mountains of bull**** they sell.
    "Deep state" is a common Qanon trope.
    It seems to claim all the exact same stuff as Qanon.

It's the exact same thing even if they don't reference it directly.

I made a few other points in my post please go back and address them. Thanks.

"According to you guys?..".. what?.. The timing is suspect.. maybe it was a genius marketing stroke..

I don't think it mentions the deep state either..

I don't donate to stuff online, or buy documentaries..do you?..or is that just more bullying gaslighting talk?..

Yeah, the timing is suspect.. that was my feckin point..

One of us seems a bit too emotionally involved in this..
    And it's not me..

Anyway, if you'll excuse me, it's time for my super male vitality..

It's coherent but I'll simplify for you

You claimed to have sent this person money for court costs. Is this something you commonly do in these types of cases (indictment by secret jury is not uncommon in the US) or is there a particular reason why you are sending this person money?

The person that you've sent money to is an Infowars pundit. It's someone who sells fear/paranoid/false information for a living. Like Alex Jones. Worth nothing that it's interesting when these types of people get to court, they seem to suddenly become quite honest about how fake their info/beliefs are.

I said I sent them nothing..

"According to you guys?..".. what?.. The timing is suspect.. maybe it was a genius marketing stroke..
    But it's not suspect. It doesn't make sense for it to be suspect.
    I outlined why in the point you ignored.
    I don't think it mentions the deep state either..
    From the first post in the thread:
    Weaver’s “arrest” at the couple’s home – which has yet to be confirmed by authorities – was initially reported by Infowars on Friday, shortly after the YouTube premiere of her documentary film “ShadowGate.” The film purports to expose the secrets of the massive ‘Deep State’ intelligence apparatus manipulating politics within the US and beyond its borders, based on the reports of two private intelligence whistleblowers.

It mentions the deepstate, a Qanon trope.
    It connected to Infowars, a bull**** peddling website which promotes Qanon bull****.

The documentary can't be a good one because it's about fantasy, produced by known liars.
    I don't donate to stuff online, or buy documentaries..do you?
    Nope. And I especially don't donate to obvious scams.
    ..or is that just more bullying gaslighting talk?..

One of us seems a bit too emotionally involved in this..
    And it's not me..

Anyway, if you'll excuse me, it's time for my super male vitality..
    No sure why you're resorting to weird accusations and insults...:confused:

It doesn't mention the deep state..it deals with specific companies and people..

And the weird accusations are because I'm just here hoping to have a conversation about it, I don't even want to have the feckin conversation.. you seem quite adversarial..

It doesn't mention the deep state..it deals with specific companies and people...
    But again, from the link in the first post:
    https://www.rt.com/usa/498072-millie-weaver-documentary-arrest-shadowgate/
    And the weird accusations are because I'm just here hoping to have a conversation about it, I don't even want to have the feckin conversation.. you seem quite adversarial..
    Again, weird personal comment...

Anyway, if you want a conversation about it, maybe we can start with the point I raised a few posts ago.
    If this really was a politically motivated arrest, why would they wait for the documentary to be finished and about to be released? This would just draw more attention to it and give it legitimacy and still result in it being released.

Seems like it would make more sense for them to nip her investigation in the bud before she found anything, never mind filmed it and released it.

If however you find I'm too adversarial I'm sure there's plenty of safe spaces like on info wars where you can discuss it without being challenged.

Have you watched the documentary kingmob?..

And that point you mention..how the h*ck am I supposed to know..

Have you watched the documentary kingmob?..
    No. Why would I?
    As I said, it's promoting Qanon nonsense and it's from the bull**** peddlers at Info Wars and now it's relying on another bizarre conspiracy to cover it's creator as well as to promote itself.
    It's very obviously not a good documentary.
    And that point you mention..how the h*ck am I supposed to know..
    That's the point. You don't know. I don't know. No one knows. Because it doesn't make sense.

If there really was a government conspiracy to bury this documentary it makes no sense for them to do it in a way that gets it way more attention.

So since we agree that this possibility is completely nonsensical, why do you think it's a valid explanation?

• Advertisement

Watch the documentary..
    It's ok..It's free on the internet..
    A lot of it seems plausible..
    It's interesting..same sort of craic Snowden was at..

Then we could maybe have an informed discussion on it..

Advertisement