Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad cellular, sim plan question

Options
  • 15-08-2020 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

when I finally receive my long awaited ipad, what are my options for sim plans/provid we rs?

I don't really want to go bill pay and only want the signal to keeo the GPS etc. working, so if I could just top up every few months and then use that credit to keep me going that would be ideal.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There are no providers doing anything like that AFAIK. Closest is probably Lyca with a 4.99 pm deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Does it need a SIM for GPS to work?

Anyway, if usage is very low, a Vodafone PAYG SIM using ISP APN costs 19c per MB (charged per KB). 5 euro minimum top up required every 6 months.

ISP APN address:
    isp.vodafone.ie

Some background info...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058051849&page=2

Advertisement