Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

previous LL questions or contact details

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jeffwebb36

Dav010 wrote: »
    How would your lawyer know about structural issues? that would be in your surveyors report.

In relation to student accommodation, the planning permission typically prohibits habitation by non students, except for short lets during summer recess.

I am confused are you referring to the drains and gardens that everyone used but I had to pay for....it was written in terms of lease which the lawyer should have read

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

jeffwebb36 wrote: »
    I am confused are you referring to the drains and gardens that everyone used but I had to pay for....it was written in terms of lease which the lawyer should have read

Why have you to pay for them? What did the OMC say about this when you contacted them? How would the solicitor know if the upper floors are to blame for them being blocked? What did your survey say about the drains?

Same questions apply to communal gardens, why would you only have to pay and what did the OMC say about this when you contacted them prior to completion? Was it in their AoM that costs are shared?

When you checked the planning associated with the student development, what does it say about non student occupation? There are tax incentives for developers to build student accommodation, but occupation by non students is often prohibited by Council planning Dept. What did the local planning office say when you contacted them?

the_syco wrote: »
    Sounds like you were attempting to dodge tax.

HAH! Best of luck getting anyone out of them!

Your dishonest, so I suppose you'll be getting fined by the RTB.

If the english landlord evicts tenants in Limerick, it'll be on social media fairly lively!

are you a lawyer you get everything wrong
    1) ownership can be transferred between family members without paying stamp duty ie single owner to joint owner ie husband to husband wife
    2) I lived in the student village why should I want to evict me
    3) As yet you have lied the RTB have lied I have not
    4) the eviction will not be in limerick....provided I get to put my side of the story ie natural justice I will be happy for social mediatop watch

are you a lawyer you get everything wrong
    1) ownership can be transferred between family members without paying stamp duty ie single owner to joint owner ie husband to husband wife
    2) I lived in the student village why should I want to evict me
    3) As yet you have lied the RTB have lied I have not
    4) the eviction will not be in limerick....provided I get to put my side of the story ie natural justice I will be happy for social mediatop watch

If you are student, you can occupy student accommodation, if you are not a student, you may not be legally entitled to do so. You should know this from the conveyance you did and the check on whether the property complied with planning permission.

Why have you to pay for them? What did the OMC say about this when you contacted them? How would the solicitor know if the upper floors are to blame for them being blocked? What did your survey say about the drains?

Same questions apply to communal gardens, why would you only have to pay and what did the OMC say about this when you contacted them prior to completion? Was it in their AoM that costs are shared?

When you checked the planning associated with the student development, what does it say about non student occupation? There are tax incentives for developers to build student accommodation, but occupation by non students is often prohibited by Council planning Dept. What did the local planning office say when you contacted them?
    DAVO you must be a lawyer you cant read
    The OMC said it was the fault of the builders barratt and barratt said it was the fault of the OMC..I suggested they were working as a corrupt partnership..they said I was lying and they would be making a defamation case against me. It later transpired that Barratt owned the Management Company ...it is different systemin england
    Why would I contact the management company or read the legal papers I had paid a lawyer to do that job

• Advertisement

If you are student, you can occupy student accommodation, if you are not a student, you may not be legally entitled to do so. You should know this from the conveyance you did and the check on whether the property complied with planning permission.

Davo do your homework go to student villages you will see a lot of HAP ect. I know strictly speaking it is against the rules but rules on honesty and falsifying evidence are broken by lawyers all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

OP - judging by your replies on here you would be better paying a solicitor to deal with this on your behalf.

If you communicate with the RTB, tenants, OMC, etc the way you are here, then you'll never get this sorted and it'll cost you even more than the solicitor's fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Why would I contact the management company or read the legal papers I had paid a lawyer to do that job

Because all lawyers are liars?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

jeffwebb36, attack the post, not the poster.

Also keep in mind this is a largely Irish forum and you appear to be asking about UK builders, UK laws and I assume a UK based property.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I will give you a suggestion ...if you catch someone stealing your furniture it wont be worth much so I suggest you let them keep half the stuff they stole and you keep the other half....The point of the post is that establishing contact with ex LL would sort everything out

When you say ex LL you mean the person from whom you bought the property? Surely you will already have those details and should have resolved this at contract stage, eg by doing an inventory which was agreed with the respective tenants. If it was a receiver sale then, frankly, you have to expect stuff like this to occur and you factor it in.

You’re better off settling with the tenant and getting them out than allowing this to carry on to a point where your loss increases dramatically. You have no evidence that the goods are not theirs and you have no credible ability to assert otherwise.

• Advertisement

Op, just for clarity, is the building you bought in Ireland or the UK? You mention UK lawyers, Limerick lawyers, UK builders, and HAP tenants etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

OP will not be replying so thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement