Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism in Europe

Options
  • 15-08-2020 8:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Is it as bad as the "stats" show? There was a study that showed Ireland is very bad for racism against blacks but anecdotally, most black people I know say otherwise. The only thing they say is racist is graffiti they see with the n-word. Otherwise, they've never been harassed. Even the UK, is probably the least racist place on earth and yet some think it's bad towards blacks

I'm wondering how much of this is propaganda. I honestly think it is. I would imagine that Eastern Europe is more racist than any Western European nation given the conservatism.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

People like Ebun Joseph would have you think we are out every night in white sheets dancing around burning crosses but Ireland isn't a racist country overall.

Whats your own opinion as a black man living here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

People like Ebun Joseph would have you think we are out every night in white sheets dancing around burning crosses but Ireland isn't a racist country overall.

Whats your own opinion as a black man living here?

I've only been called a ****** twice and both by drunk people (and all older men).

Apart from that, not much. I think racism in Ireland is rare and when it does exist, it's more insidious than the U.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Western Europe and North America are the least racist places on earth by a considerable margin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Danzy wrote: »
    Western Europe and North America are the least racist places on earth by a considerable margin.

Yet media would have you believe that it's the most racist.

Go to any Asian and South American nation, and you'll be shocked at the blatant racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Yet media would have you believe that it's the most racist.

Go to any Asian and South American nation, and you'll be shocked at the blatant racism.

Ahh hardly. I mean I’d hardly be shocked by the blatant racism. I wouldn’t be shocked by blatant racism anywhere if I’m being honest, because I know that anywhere there are different races of people, racism is something of an inevitability, whether it’s Asia, South America, Europe, US, Africa etc.

Before I even watched this video I was aware that a lot of these “anti-racism” groups are more of the same shìtty political movements comprised of mostly white Westerners that aren’t really concerned about racism, but are more interested in perpetuating their own politics and race baiting -

Basically if a white person disagrees with them, that persons a racist, and if anyone who isn’t white disagrees with them, that person has internalised racism. Either way, anyone who doesn’t agree with them is racist, and that’s how they’re able to claim racism is more prevalent in any given society than it is in reality.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,555 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stick to the threads dedicated to specific issues. We have enough racist rhetoric in those and do not need another which can only be expected to cause issues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement