Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum Main St one way

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,993 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Dundrum was a dream to navigate compared to most other places, the AIB bank spaces right outside were a pain and the tile van parked mostly in the loading bay, other then that never an issue at all

You don't speak for everyone here. Many cyclists and many pedestrians had difficulties with delivery vans parked at the XL shop, cars parked outside BOI stopping southbound traffic getting past vehicles stopped waiting to turn right into the Village Centre car park,, cars parked 'just for a minute' at the pharmacies (both sides), chipper and take aways.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You don't speak for everyone here. Many cyclists and many pedestrians had difficulties with delivery vans parked at the XL shop, cars parked outside BOI stopping southbound traffic getting past vehicles stopped waiting to turn right into the Village Centre car park,, cars parked 'just for a minute' at the pharmacies (both sides), chipper and take aways.

But sure as a cyclist you would know they do and would take over the lane, which wasn't an issue, the roads were narrow, which goes with my point previously made about how such a large shopping centre was ever allowed where it was and is put.....

But sure as a cyclist you would know they do and would take over the lane, which wasn't an issue, the roads were narrow, which goes with my point previously made about how such a large shopping centre was ever allowed where it was and is put.....
    It absolutely IS an issue. Every time they park on the footpath, they block pedestrians, especially older people, people with sight loss, people with mobility disabilities, parents pushing buggies, and people with their head buried in their phones. Every time they push a cyclist out to 'take over the lane', they endanger that cyclist with an unnecessary manouvre that adds unnecessary risk to the journey.
    I can't believe you couldn't even cycle past the bike shop without looking in!

I was checking to see if Joe Daly's were taking in repairs or not. They put a 'no repairs' sign up when they are overloaded.
    Be interested to see what it's like around 17 - 18:00 some evenings. Friday was bad at that time. Maybe a one off thing.

Here's how it looked at 5.45pm this evening - no perceptable blockage (x2 speed).

https://streamable.com/7j3bz5

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It absolutely IS an issue. Every time they park on the footpath, they block pedestrians, especially older people, people with sight loss, people with mobility disabilities, parents pushing buggies, and people with their head buried in their phones. Every time they push a cyclist out to 'take over the lane', they endanger that cyclist with an unnecessary manouvre that adds unnecessary risk to the journey.

I was checking to see if Joe Daly's were taking in repairs or not. They put a 'no repairs' sign up when they are overloaded.

Here's how it looked at 5.45pm this evening - no perceptable blockage (x2 speed).

https://streamable.com/7j3bz5

That's because the roads are dead now only for school in and out times it's shockingly bad....
    People have nowhere to be going so many are staying in.

That's because the roads are dead now only for school in and out times it's shockingly bad....
    People have nowhere to be going so many are staying in.

So can anyone be specific please about what days/times this stretch supposedly gets backed up as a result of the recent changes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

So can anyone be specific please about what days/times this stretch supposedly gets backed up as a result of the recent changes?
    I was there at around 17:00 and 18:30 last Friday, both times traffic back down to "The Mental". Your video @17:44 is smack bang in that time frame so it certainly looks different this week.
    Cheers

I was there at around 17:00 and 18:30 last Friday, both times traffic back down to "The Mental". Your video @17:44 is smack bang in that time frame so it certainly looks different this week.
    Cheers

I was there one evening this week, and the traffic was a bit heavier, backed up to the old Nissan/Windsor garage.

But I kept a close eye out, and the last car in the line outside the garage got through the lights at the crossroads at the next change of lights, so there was no significant delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Seems to be quite hit and miss, one of our engineers was complaining traffic coming from windy arbor to Dundrum was backed up past the shops in Windy Arbor Tuesday ~16:30

• Registered Users Posts: 20,058 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Seems to be quite hit and miss, one of our engineers was complaining traffic coming from windy arbor to Dundrum was backed up past the shops in Windy Arbor Tuesday ~16:30

to be fair id imagine that was the panic shoppers

Advertisement