Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gleann Dara rahoon Galway - decent place to live

Options
  • 15-08-2020 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all

First time poster here. I'm living at Galway at the moment and looking to move from an apartment to a bigger space. The houses in Glenn Dara seem a great size, but I remember hearing some bad stuff about it a few years ago

Can anyone tell me what it's like now? Is there any anti social behavior or anything I should be aware of about the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Hi all

First time poster here. I'm living at Galway at the moment and looking to move from an apartment to a bigger space. The houses in Glenn Dara seem a great size, but I remember hearing some bad stuff about it a few years ago

Can anyone tell me what it's like now? Is there any anti social behavior or anything I should be aware of about the area?

Glenn Dara tends to be student dominated. Think parties and noise. Not sure what it's like now, but the pandemic and the restrictions won't last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Minuteman88

Glenn Dara tends to be student dominated. Think parties and noise. Not sure what it's like now, but the pandemic and the restrictions won't last forever.

Ah ok! TBH I'm ok with students and noise and that, would be more concerned about burglarys / anti social elements .

Would you say it's safe to walk through on your own at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Google "with and address" "Glenn dara" ... and use the Tools > Time option to restrict results to the last year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Spring Celebrator

Hi all

Used to live there 12y ago. Quiet, safe at that time. On the last day, when I moved, my neighbour told me that travellers were looking under the cover on my motorbike, his words. I felt pretty safe anyway. Not sure how it is now, got stones thrown on my car window when leaving from the local chinese TA few years ago.

Advertisement