Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland- a failure 99 years on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

timthumbni wrote: »
    Hmmmm. So if I said a slogan like “Irish out “ you would be fine with that. Sure I only mean the Ira heads. A disgusting slogan. A bit like “get da england out of da Ireland”

Pathetic....

Again the hstory of the conflict/war is littered with phrases like these...what about 'Not A Taig About the Place' 'KAT' etc etc.

You are on the victimhood hobbyhorse with downcow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Again the hstory of the conflict/war is littered with phrases like these...what about 'Not A Taig About the Place' 'KAT' etc etc.

You are on the victimhood hobbyhorse with downcow.

Well, we are talking about an elected sf politician in the present. KAH (kill all huns) was present in the background of the recent republican bonfires in Londonderry.

They can hardly blame the orangemen parades this time.

Well, we are talking about an elected sf politician in the present. KAH (kill all huns) was present in the background of the recent republican bonfires in Londonderry.

What is your point? That the still evident divisiveness is a sign of the success of NI?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Hmmmm. So if I said a slogan like “Irish out “ you would be fine with that. Sure I only mean the Ira heads. A disgusting slogan. A bit like “get da england out of da Ireland”

Pathetic....

Well, that wouldn't be anything new - i.e., ''No Irish, no blacks'' etc. And no, it wouldn't bother me (depending on what the circumstances were of ''Irish out''. If it was because it was occupying another country or declaring war on anyone where we had no business to be, I'd imagine I'd be shouting ''Irish out'' myself.

You need to get over yourself about the ''England out of Ireland'' that is displayed in the New York St. Patrick's Day Parade banner! Its of historic value now.

Dissident republican bonfires which were condemned by Sinn Fein politicians.

Do you understand the difference between dissident republicans who have rejected the GFA and PIRA who have given up the armed struggle to choose the political route?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I might have missed it, but have our resident beligerent unionists and Partitionists outlined how the Statelet has been a success, yet?

jm08 wrote: »

You need to get over yourself about the ''England out of Ireland'' that is displayed in the New York St. Patrick's Day Parade banner! Its of historic value now.

It was in recent years that the sf leader walked behind that banner. Hardly historic.

Next twelfth of July I’m going to encourage an “Irish out” banner. Sure it means get the Ira terrorists out of the uk. Nothing to offend anyone there.

I might have missed it, but have our resident beligerent unionists and Partitionists outlined how the Statelet has been a success yet?

Nope.

I might have missed it, but have our resident beligerent unionists and Partitionists outlined how the Statelet has been a success yet?

Personally I’m going to celebrate the fact that sicko violent Irish republicans FAILED to bomb and shoot my family into a so called “United” Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

Personally I’m going to celebrate the fact that sicko violent Irish republicans FAILED to bomb and shoot my family into a so called “United” Ireland.

You probably celebrate the fact that sicko violent loyalists burned many Catholic families from their homes, and out of northern Ireland for good. Or maybe you forgot about that?

• Advertisement

Right... So you'll ignore the question. Classic beligerent unionist.

Beltby wrote: »
    You probably celebrate the fact that sicko violent loyalists burned many Catholic families from their homes, and out of northern Ireland for good. Or maybe you forgot about that?

What a disgusting thing to say. I think the loyalist terrorists were every bit as bad as the Irish republican terrorists. Your comment is about as welcome as gerrys brother at a babysitting conference.

What a disgusting thing to say. I think the loyalist terrorists were every bit as bad as the Irish republican terrorists. Your comment is about as welcome as gerrys brother at a babysitting conference.

Sure you do.

Anyway, can you outline how the "Protestant country for a Protestant people" has been a success please?

Did William McGrath have a brother called Gerry?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McGrath&ved=2ahUKEwjE8tbrucPrAhUwSxUIHXxrC6wQFjABegQIARAC&usg=AOvVaw2KQtX8AWcLi2ANxjHu4Dbx

u
    Sure you do.

Anyway, can you outline how the "Protestant country for a Protestant people" has been a success please?

I’m not religious so you can stop quotes from a 100 years ago. It seems that your catholic state appeared to have loads of rampant child abuse yet you still send your kids there. Weird but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Well it is certainly a bigger success than the ROI.
    We have grown our minority population to almost 50% , while ROI have decimated theirs to about 3%. I would celebrate the former as I like diversity but I guess you may celebrate the later as it gets the huns out.
    We have the NHS and what I hear from friends in ROI, they would die for it. Indeed I know some who have tentative links to NI and can use those links to get their free medicines etc.
    We are part of a 70 million nation who are supporting is through the difficulties brought on by your mates engaging in a sectarian onslaught against us.
    We have british nationality
    Our uk tv is of the quality that we don’t need to watch our neighbours crappy tv in Roi
    We have potentially the best football league in the world In the uk and we don’t need to support teams in a country we hate to get anything worth watching.
    We are a wonderfully diverse nation, not perfect, but the diversity from our capital city in south of England to beautiful rural areas in north of Scotland is very special.
    We have a serving monarch to put most heads of state to shame.
    We have an incredible military history - I believe undefeated
    We love the language we speak. We don’t aspire to a language that most of us can’t speak lol
    I am now getting bored. I could write pages on our success.

Give us a wee outline of ROI success.?
    No tv worth watching
    No football worth watching
    Never won a war - in fact a shameful history of allowing uk to fight your battles for you
    No free nhs
    Druggies and homeless on the streets
    Politicians with brown envelopes
    Terrible recent history of state/church abuse of child
    Horrendous recent history of treatment of women
    Disgusting history of decrimination of Protestants
    Ongoing partisan bigotry against unionists in your neighbouring country.
    I am getting bored again but could go on and on

It was in recent years that the sf leader walked behind that banner. Hardly historic.

Next twelfth of July I’m going to encourage an “Irish out” banner. Sure it means get the Ira terrorists out of the uk. Nothing to offend anyone there.

The banner itself is historic. Its the banner of the Brehan Law Society and has been in the New York parade since the late '40s. Its the only banner with a political statement that is allowed.

I don't think anyone will be too shocked to see an ''Irish Out'' banner in a July 12 parade to be honest. It would be mild in comparison to some of the stuff that is seen around the ''12th Celebrations'' (which is celebrating your catholic neighbours been defeated 400 years later)! Thats a lot of celebrating over the years!

u

I’m not religious so you can stop quotes from a 100 years ago. It seems that your catholic state appeared to have loads of rampant child abuse yet you still send your kids there. Weird but whatever.

Still waiting for those success points Tim.
    Pointing over there won't cut it sadly.

The banner itself is historic. Its the banner of the Brehan Law Society and has been in the New York parade since the late '40s. Its the only banner with a political statement that is allowed.

I don't think anyone will be too shocked to see an ''Irish Out'' banner in a July 12 parade to be honest. It would be mild in comparison to some of the stuff that is seen around the ''12th Celebrations'' (which is celebrating your catholic neighbours been defeated 400 years later)! Thats a lot of celebrating over the years!

Never saw an Irish out banner on the 12th in my life. Saw lots of KAH graffiti around Belfast. It stands for KILL ALL HUNS.

• Advertisement

I don’t send my weans to kincora every Sunday chum. (Snigger)

Oh you find it amusing? Says a lot about you.

I think you’ll find the Pope was on our side at the Boyne . Last time I checked he was a catholic

u

Okay, so can you outline how Norlin Airlann has been successful?

I think I gave you a wee list bonnie. Unless it didn’t post correctly
    I am now waiting for your Roi list

Beltby wrote: »
    Oh you find it amusing? Says a lot about you.

I’m not a loyalist so you won’t find me standing up for some loyalist paedo. You ,on the other hand.........

English please...

downcow wrote: »
    We have grown our minority population to almost 50% , while ROI have decimated theirs to about 3%. I would celebrate the former as I like diversity but I guess you may celebrate the later as it gets the huns out.
    We have the NHS and what I hear from friends in ROI, they would die for it. Indeed I know some who have tentative links to NI and can use those links to get their free medicines etc.
    We are part of a 70 million nation who are supporting is through the difficulties brought on by your mates engaging in a sectarian onslaught against us.
    Our uk tv is of the quality that we don’t need to watch our neighbours crappy tv in Roi
    We have potentially the best football league in the world In the uk and we don’t need to support teams in a country we hate to get anything worth watching.
    We are a wonderfully diverse nation, not perfect, but the diversity from our capital city in south of England to beautiful rural areas in north of Scotland is very special.
    We love the language we speak. We don’t aspire to a language that most of us can’t speak lol

Give us a wee outline of ROI success.?
    No tv worth watching
    No football worth watching
    Never won a war - in fact a shameful history of allowing uk to fight your battles for you
    No free nhs
    Druggies and homeless on the streets
    Politicians with brown envelopes
    Terrible recent history of state/church abuse of child
    Horrendous recent history of treatment of women
    Disgusting history of decrimination of Protestants
    Ongoing partisan bigotry against unionists in your neighbouring country.
    I am getting bored again but could go on and on

A lot of that seems to be you claiming things throughout the UK or claiming successes by virtue of an accident of geography or mere projection.

Anyway, I'll be clearer, how has Northern Ireland and specifically Northern Ireland been successful?

I think I gave you a wee list bonnie. Unless it didn’t post correctly
    I am now waiting for your Roi list

I'm sure Wee Timmy can outline his own opinion on how NI has been a rip-roaring success unless you're the spokesman for the local beligerent Unionists of Boards.ie?

English please...

It's almost like you're being disingenuous. Well I never!

Let's try it again...

---

Can you outline how Northern Ireland has been a success? ie. Would you consider it a successful entity? And if you do, could you give us examples of that successful existence?

• Advertisement

Wow, as a confirmation of why almost 50% think it has failed...that takes some beating downcow.

Did you read that back before posting? A Unionist state for a Unionist people.

While it may be a success for your belligerence forget any idea in your wee head that the above means it is a success.

Advertisement