Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland- a failure 99 years on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

timthumbni wrote: »
    It’s interesting that the republics claim to fame is their priests fiddling with their kids and then getting handouts from the hated British to keep the lights on. And they still send their kids there every Sunday. Mad altogether.

Oh and Guinness and st patty’s day. Very insecure lot the Irish when it comes down to it.

Your obsession with paedophilia in the Catholic church is a bit of a concern. We get it.

I'm assuming you have nothing to say on how Northern Ireland has been a success over the last century?

downcow wrote: »
    Yeah I guess you would love to be like us and have a region with a gdp of £209000 in your country. You could join us , if we allowed you. Try asking nicely. Please and pretty please would be a start

So Northern Ireland's success can be measured by the fact that London has a GDP ten times higher than it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Has the republic been a great success? A nation of mass hidden child abuse by their supposed godly men.

As a West of Ireland prod from prod / taig family you are exactly why my prod Grandparents said to hell with our northern bigoted relations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

jm08 wrote: »
    But you don't like sharing it with Irish people who have been there long before the plantation of Ulster (example, no respect for the Irish language).

And your country has no respect for us

Zebra3 wrote: »
    It's not in your country.

It's in another country, one of the other four countries that makes up the UK.

Don’t make me post Wikipedia again to explain to you. It is one nation It is my nation. London is in my nation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Don’t make me post Wikipedia again to explain to you. It is one nation It is my nation. London is in my nation

I'll see your Wiki and raise you....

https://thecommonwealth.org/our-member-countries/united-kingdom
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK) consists of a group of islands off the western coast of Europe. The largest, Great Britain, comprises three countries: England, Scotland and Wales. Ireland, to the west, consists of the UK’s province of Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic.

You're welcome....

Beltby wrote: »
    Even better, the queen is German.:D

But we are a diverse country. Am fine whatever peoples roots. It’s wee nationalistic ‘Ireland’ that seems infatuated on were people came from. Sad really

So Northern Ireland's success can be measured by the fact that London has a GDP ten times higher than it?

It wasn’t me pointed out that one of our nations regions has a gdp 10 times that of most of Roi. Don’t shout at me

No, we have no respect for you, singular.

---

Can you outline how Northern Ireland has been a success for the last century?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We think you have failed all of your people.

And you are proving it by only being able to find things that are satidfactory for a Unionist to celebrate

• Advertisement

statesaver wrote: »
    As a West of Ireland prod from prod / taig family you are exactly why my prod Grandparents said to hell with our northern bigoted relations.
    So why are so many of your country folk wanting to unite with us. Your grandma sounds like a smart guy lol And not at all prejudiced lol

It wasn’t me pointed out that one of our nations regions has a gdp 10 times that of most of Roi. Don’t shout at me

I don't think maths is your strong suit if that's the information you gleaned from Zebra's post, but regardless, it had nothing to do with the question posed to you anyway.

Can you outline how Northern Ireland has been a success over the course of the last century?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    I'll see your Wiki and raise you....

https://thecommonwealth.org/our-member-countries/united-kingdom

You're welcome....

Haha love it. Welcome to the uk. I appreciate that you can laugh at yourself That’s a wee bit of Northern humour you possess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Beltby wrote: »
    Even better, the queen is German.:D

Racist...... lol

Your obsession with paedophilia in the Catholic church is a bit of a concern. We get it.

?

I’m not catholic. I think you should be more obsessed with it to be honest. I wouldn’t send my kids there. Are you saying it’s no big deal?

No, we have no respect for you, singular.

---

Can you outline how Northern Ireland has been a success for the last century?

Maybe you’ll tell us what success is. A bit of same old same old now. Let’s ask the unionists some questions and then we’ll tell them we are not happy with the questions. Posters on here who lives in ni have told you why they regard it as a success. If you don’t recognise that as success then thank god you are living in Roi and I’ll thank god also that you are living in Roi

Whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Haha love it. Welcome to the uk. I appreciate that you can laugh at yourself That’s a wee bit of Northern humour you possess

Ignore the facts.

Talk nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic.

Well done.

I’m not catholic. I think you should be more obsessed with it to be honest. I wouldn’t send my kids there. Are you saying it’s no big deal?

I'm saying it's odd that all of your responses seen to be based on some sort of paedophilic occurrence or another.

It's got very little to do with the broad subject matter of this thread though.

---

Can you outline how Northern Ireland has been a success over the last century?

As a ni prod from a prod Roi family. My dad told me that he had to get away from people like you to have a life. He could have stayed if he had took the old wafer on the tongue and suppressed his identity. Thank god he got out or I might be keeping my head down and saying ‘sure things are alright here’ ‘they are very good to us and let us survive’

• Advertisement

I live well in Norn Iron. Most People do.

Less heroin addicts than that kip Dublin. In fact I have never saw any of those type in Belfast.

We exist. That’s our sucesss. Any country who fails does not exist. End of. For a country like the republic who have been so fond of the old handouts I’m not sure you should be boasting so much.

And that’s not even talking about how you let priests rape your country both physically and metaphoricaly.

I'm saying it's off that all of your responses seen to be based on some sort of paedophilic occurrence of another.

It's got very little to do with the broad subject matter of this thread though.

---

Set the parameters Bonnie. Tell us what success looks like and I’ll tell you if we’ve got there. Your a laugh

Bonnie. Throw away the shovel. Francie et al have gone

Maybe you’ll tell us what success is. A bit of same old same old now. Let’s ask the unionists some questions and then we’ll tell them we are not happy with the questions. Posters on here who lives in ni have told you why they regard it as a success. If you don’t recognise that as success then thank god you are living in Roi and I’ll thank god also that you are living in Roi

Well, you are able to see the thread title above, yes?

Within that, there is an implication that Northern Ireland hasn't been a success. So, given your scattergun approach to posting within this thread it's not beyond the realms of possibility that you disagree with what the thread title proffers and in fact you think that Northern Ireland has been a success.

So, I'm asking you to tell me what you would consider as measures of success for Northern Ireland over the last hundred years.

Thus far you have failed to do so.

Now, it's not like I posed any constraints on the "measures" of success, and in fact, you literally could use anything pertaining exclusively to Northern Ireland to demonstrate this, but so far you have failed. I honestly didn't think someone with such a love for his wee country would struggle so much tbh.

It would be remiss of me to define success tbh, as that would constrain your options, and would be very unfair, especially seeing as you are already struggling with the question at hand.

---

Can you tell me how Northern Ireland has been a success over the last 100 years?

I live well in Norn Iron. Most People do.

Less heroin addicts than that kip Dublin. In fact I have never saw any of those type in Belfast.

We exist. That’s our sucesss. Any country who fails does not exist. End of. For a country like the republic who have been so fond of the old handouts I’m not sure you should be boasting so much.

And that’s not even talking about how you let priests rape your country both physically and metaphoricaly.

Back to the paedophilia again I see. You really need to go see someone about that. It's disturbing.

Well, you are able to see the thread title above, yes?

Within that, there is an implication that Northern Ireland hasn't been a success. So, given your scattergun approach to posting within this thread it's not beyond the realms of possibility that you disagree with what the thread title proffers and in fact you think that Northern Ireland has been a success.

So, I'm asking you to tell me what you would consider as measures of success for Northern Ireland over the last hundred years.

Thus far you have failed to do so.

Now, it's not like I posed any constraints on the "measures" of success, and in fact, you literally could use anything pertaining exclusively to Northern Ireland to demonstrate this, but so far you have failed. I honestly didn't think someone with such a love for his wee country would struggle so much tbh.

It would be remiss of me to define success tbh, as that would constrain your options, and would be very unfair, especially seeing as you are already struggling with the question at hand.

---

Can you tell me how Northern Ireland has been a success over the last 100 years?

So Bonnie. I’ll forgive you if you tell me what you reckon a success looks like

Set the parameters Bonnie. Tell us what success looks like and I’ll tell you if we’ve got there. Your a laugh

If I set parameters it would make it harder surely?

You've been unable to answer so far.

It would be unfair to make it harder.

Back to the paedophilia again I see. You really need to go see someone about that. It's disturbing.

Yes. Don’t speak about it. Cover it up. Very disturbing I agree.

So Bonnie. I’ll forgive you if you tell me what you reckon a success looks like

That's not for me to offer up. I don't think you know how this works.

You're the one who thinks the North is such a wonderful place, so the onus is on yourself to tell us.

And seeing as you've now driven down this cul-de-sac, I'm assuming you're not long for this thread tonight and will hope I give up my line of questioning. I won't.

---

• Advertisement

Bonnie.
    Is it
    Wealth
    Strong identity
    Sporting success
    Clean water
    Lots of kinky sex
    Fast cars
    Access to heroine
    Big presents from Santa