Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman pushed into Royal Canal

Options

Comments

grim..poor woman..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

As my friend who's a retired prison officers said to me, the prisoners in the 80's and 90's were gentleman and having conversations with some they used to say,if you think we're bad wait until you see what's coming after us.

The system is too soft on scumbags nowadays, back in the 80's and 90's vigilantes would sort this out, I know it's frowned upon by SJWs, lefties, shi tty parents and the ivory tower brigade.

But as the op posted enough is enough....

They won't be laughing when surrounded in the clink by hardened criminals. Law needs to come down like a ton of bricks on pond scum, no suspended sentences after repeat offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

nthclare wrote: »
    As my friend who's a retired prison officers said to me, the prisoners in the 80's and 90's were gentleman and having conversations with some they used to say,if you think we're bad wait until you see what's coming after us.

The system is too soft on scumbags nowadays, back in the 80's and 90's vigilantes would sort this out, I know it's frowned upon by SJWs, lefties, shi tty parents and the ivory tower brigade.

Im a typical lefty sjw and yet i agree, for some reason progressive politics in this country cant embrace the fact that scumbags are making life difficult for ordinary people and need to be dealt with, its depressing, look at Brexit, trump etc, the left are so far up their own arsers

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Blurry McBlurface

Don't know what you want people to say op? Dublin scum push woman in canal outrage..
    This type of sh!t happens day in day out unfortunately. It is no longer shocking to the average cog.

Dublin is in a longterm decline and its only when the paddy whackery tourism takes a hit that things might change...not holding my breath though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Moved to CA, thread title edited

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

While this attack was racial by nature, this type of scum would use anything as an excuse to knock her into the water.

Chinese? We don't like them! *Doink*
    Nerdy? We don't like them! *Doink*
    Female? We don't like them! *Doink*
    Black? We don't like them! *Doink*
    Red-headed? We don't like them *Doink*
    Normal average person who's an easy target? We don't like them either! *Doink*

(I realise that it's more likely to happen to people who aren't indigenous.)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really crappy incident, total scumbags

The thickos videoing his mates was stupid enough to post it with his own name as username....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Little scrotes who bully and attack anyone different have a long tail of parents and grandparents before them who were just as ignorant and vicious as this lot. A good hard kick in the bollox is the least they’ve earned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

Them scrotes are dogs. Pushing a woman into water, brave lads.

• Advertisement

Im a typical lefty sjw and yet i agree, for some reason progressive politics in this country cant embrace the fact that scumbags are making life difficult for ordinary people and need to be dealt with, its depressing, look at Brexit, trump etc, the left are so far up their own arsers

Well I 100% respect your honesty and sincerity for your description of what way you lean.

Not many will open up and say they're a lefty SJW
    I'm more moderate myself and cannot stand bullies or liar's.

It's time everyone got tired of the scumbags and bullies running amok in our beautiful country.

But unfortunately they come from a long line of bad parenting and location or status doesn't discrimanate being a scumbag.

A guy I know is going through the courts with a few jocks from a so called civilized family who nearly kicked him to death,it's on camera and they're still saying that it wasn't them FFS you couldn't make it up.

As clear as day, you can see their faces and they were arrested at the scene

Really because I've relations who were members of the gardai in the 80s and 90s who would disagree that they were gentlemen. From hanging around the nortside when younger and working pub doors in Dublin and Cork a lot of the so called vigilante groups were just a way to keep the patches to specific dealers.

antix80 wrote: »
    Not really. Wouldn't be surprised if the perps aren't indigenous like that stabbing video a few months back
    You can literally see their faces in the video.......they are indigenous if that's how you want to describe them.

It wasn't my description.

Anyway, the vid would be surpressed if they were anything but so no need to watch.

As someone up the thread said, if you think this generation is bad just wait til the next

What blind git were you quoting when you said
    Not really. Wouldn't be surprised if the perps aren't indigenous like that stabbing video a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

DubInMeath wrote: »
    What blind git were you quoting when you said

Someone said : I realise that it's more likely to happen to people who aren't indigenous.

I said i wouldn't be surprised if the perps weren't indigenous

Anyway you're getting pretty aggressive. Sounds like you'd benefit from a dunk in a canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

They were frowned upon by everyone in society . They more or less were thugs themselves and many of them weren’t the white knights they liked people to believe that they were . Some of them were drug dealing themselves . Sure the IRA lads were knee capping druggies and then took their place

More support to the cops. Now a days they are too afraid to go into these areas not because for their own Safety but the fact that the system won’t back them. They would be crazy not to go on the beat without a camera on their lapels as any allegation of police brutality will be taken more seriously than it ought to

You saw how some of the thugs on the water protest behaved . Couldn’t give a **** for the police authority , and they got more bold when they had an audience

Let the guards go back to kicking the **** out of some of these scumbags like the good auld days (not referring to what went on in Donegal in the 1990s )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Let's not write off decent people as being whatever the right wing buzzword is this week, until someone defends them, then have at it.
    It wasn't my description.

Anyway, the vid would be surpressed if they were anything but so no need to watch.

As someone up the thread said, if you think this generation is bad just wait til the next

I remember seeing a lads head bashed into the concrete. You'd hear about numerous stabbings every so often. You'd need step over plastic milkbottles filled with dried glue and the occasional passed out junkie. This would be around he time the Garda wouldn't enter certain neighbourhoods so residents would have to form vigilante groups.
    This was decades ago in Dublin.
    Scaremongering over a generation is a nonsense. One we see time again.

Really because I've relations who were members of the gardai in the 80s and 90s who would disagree that they were gentlemen. From hanging around the nortside when younger and working pub doors in Dublin and Cork a lot of the so called vigilante groups were just a way to keep the patches to specific dealers.

Well I mean compared to what's out there now, they'ed do their time years ago and get on with it inside, and weren't as violent in the prison as they are now.

I'll keep it simple, the vigilante groups were different from drug dealers in the 80's and 90's
    More of the nonchalant variety of vigelantes, in the background if you get my drift.

Someone said : I realise that it's more likely to happen to people who aren't indigenous.

I said i wouldn't be surprised if the perps weren't indigenous

Anyway you're getting pretty aggressive. Sounds like you'd benefit from a dunk in a canal.

It sounds like you couldn't give a f*ck about the incident other than trying to bring the nationality of the arseholes who did it and your getting a little het up about that back firing and being caught out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I don't know what to be more outraged about
    That this happened or that nothing will ever happen to the scumbags who did it because of (insert multiple societal, family, psychological issues here)

• Advertisement

They were frowned upon by everyone in society . They more or less were thugs themselves and many of them weren’t the white knights they liked people to believe that they were . Some of them were drug dealing themselves . Sure the IRA lads were knee capping druggies and then took their place

More support to the cops. Now a days they are too afraid to go into these areas not because for their own Safety but the fact that the system won’t back them. They would be crazy not to go on the beat without a camera on their lapels as any allegation of police brutality will be taken more seriously than it ought to

You saw how some of the thugs on the water protest behaved . Couldn’t give a **** for the police authority , and they got more bold when they had an audience

Let the guards go back to kicking the **** out of some of these scumbags like the good auld days (not referring to what went on in Donegal in the 1990s )

A bar of soap in a sock worked wonders.
    I remember a few lads in school who were robber's, breaking into sheds and house's getting the soap and sock treatment...

It wasn't frowned upon, they just said it left no bruises and they grew out of being thieve's by the time they were at third level education...

Probably CEOs now, They came from respectable background s they just got a kick out of breaking and entering place's.
    Rob a ghetto blaster fishing gear and video tapes etc

Well I mean compared to what's out there now, they'ed do their time years ago and get on with it inside, and weren't as violent in the prison as they are now.

I'll keep it simple, the vigilante groups were different from drug dealers in the 80's and 90's
    More of the nonchalant variety of vigelantes, in the background if you get my drift.

Most of those that go inside now tend to do their time quietly. As for the nonchalant variety of vigilante again nope most were involved in the drugs trade just creaming a percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Most of those that go inside now tend to do their time quietly. As for the nonchalant variety of vigilante again nope most were involved in the drugs trade just creaming a percentage.

They probably were, it's very interesting isn't it.

They probably were, it's very interesting isn't it.

The violence around the drugs trade is increasing, but that's due to the profitability of it and the fact that it's not just a Dublin problem or limited to poorer areas like it was in the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So many identified already - total scum and I don't think it's as such a racist incident as someone they saw as an easy target

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She sounded scouse ? Was it a football thing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The next generation aren't worse, the people around/hearing about it are 'softer' (for lack of a better word).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Larry Dunne was not a gentleman. He introduced heroin to the streets of Dublin, which has destroyed whole communities.

He gave heroin to kids knowing they would become hooked on it and he could sell his product to them.

That is where that quote came from. He is scum.

These kids are also scum, probably offspring in fact of the problems that arose from the "gentleman" you mention. Living in Dublin City Centre, I agree a tough crackdown is needed. Too many scumbags about going unchecked.

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    So many identified already - total scum and I don't think it's as such a racist incident as someone they saw as an easy target
    Ok how do you figure it is not racist?

It literally shows the woman telling them they should not “racially discriminate”, clearly implying that something racist was said off-camera

Advertisement