Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman pushed into Royal Canal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Doubt any hardened criminals are gentlemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

gmisk wrote: »
    Ok how do you figure it is not racist?

It literally shows the woman telling them they should not “racially discriminate”, clearly implying that something racist was said off-camera

That doesn't mean it's racist.these scum are as likely to attack me for wearing glasses and call me 4 eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

She sounded scouse ? Was it a football thing

No it was a scumbag thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Larry Dunne was not a gentleman. He introduced heroin to the streets of Dublin, which has destroyed whole communities.

He gave heroin to kids knowing they would become hooked on it and he could sell his product to them.

That is where that quote came from. He is scum.

These kids are also scum, probably offspring in fact of the problems that arose from the "gentleman" you mention. Living in Dublin City Centre, I agree a tough crackdown is needed. Too many scumbags about going unchecked.

Long before heroin in the early seventies this behaviour was common enough. And was a thing as far back as the fifties, and further back again. As I said earlier these are the product of generations of pure nastiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Name and shame the little ****s would be my view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Name and shame the little ****s would be my view.

They have on twitter, it think someone posted a link further up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

This is a real conundrum for the left.

Who do they side with, the victim of a racist assault, or the poor "must vulnerable" members of society who committed this horrible act.

Either way, their "solution" will be increased welfare payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Pkiernan wrote: »

Who do they side with, the victim of a racist assault, or the poor "must vulnerable" members of society who committed this horrible act.

No one has that conundrum.

That doesn't mean it's racist.these scum are as likely to attack me for wearing glasses and call me 4 eyes

They were racially abusing the woman before throwing her in a canal. How is that not rascist?

I think they were as likely to attack anyone. I don't think they attacked her due to race i think they attacked her due to her looking vulnerable and being an easy target.

If they called me four eyes, would it mean it was an attack on people with glasses?

Anyways its beside the point, whether it was racially motivated or not really makes no difference, its a scumbag thing to do. Same reaction should occur if it was a 6ft white man.

Whose video is it BTW?

Edit : to be fair re read the article and there were indeed comments about her race, more than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

She sounded scouse ? Was it a football thing

:confused:

I assume you are taking the pee.

You don't need to be anything other than not one of them to be a target. Chinese women are obviously an easy target in minds of scum. There have also been attacks along this part of canal on cyclists, older people. dog walkers, young fellas on their own, etc, etc. Obviously the poor woman's being Chinese was identifier in this case.

From my experience of these scum they have no interest in anything like football teams, bands, clothes (all dress the same mostly) as gangs might have done years ago. Clockwork Orange types whose chosen diversion is preying on the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Boards has become a strange place.

A thread about an attack that clearly had a racist element to it and we have some posters bending over backwards to deny the racism and other posters trying to steer it into a thread about the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

dan1895 wrote: »
    No one has that conundrum.

How many far left ultras will be calling for a lengthy prison term (not suspended) for these animals?

The answer is none

Just like how they are silent on abuses of LGBTQ people in Middle Eastern and Traveller cultures.

How many far left ultras will be calling for a lengthy prison term (not suspended) for these animals?

The answer is none

Just like how they are silent on abuses of LGBTQ people in Middle Eastern and Traveller cultures.

Pushing someome into a lake and causing no injury shouldn't be a lengthy prison sentence.

For all the outrage over this, scumbags are doing worse up and down the country every day

The answer is none

How many are calling for increased social welfare payments for the "most vulnerable in society"? No one.
    Why bring the left into this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

dan1895 wrote: »
    They were racially abusing the woman before throwing her in a canal. How is that not rascist?

They wouldn't have been so racist if it had been a burly Nigerian lad I'd imagime.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Pushing someome into a lake and causing no injury shouldn't be a lengthy prison sentence.

For all the outrage over this, scumbags are doing worse up and down the country every day

Aw c'mon. Pushing that woman into the canal was outrageous and it's perfectly reasonable for people to be outraged by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭LeBash

The answer is none

What has this got to do with anything? There is barely even a far left in Ireland. There's barely a far right in Ireland also. Although we seem to be getting so influenced by American news we seem to think we have both.

Feel terrible for that lady. Cowardly attack, race was clearly the start to the incident.

Won't be dealt with im fairly sure and they will just escalate until some poor victim gets seriously injured or killed.

The state is 100% to blame for not cracking down on youth and the personal attacks. There's been plenty in the last couple of years and this was one of the lighter ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Ridiculous strawman

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

No injury? Jesus Christ! Is that the view you would take if it was your mother, sister or daughter? How did he know she wouldn't be injured when he did it? Canals are shallow, she could have struck her head. Violently pushing someone backwards can cause a neck injury.

Do you count the mental trauma as injury, because I do!

What is wrong with the people trying to minimise this crime? Yes, there is probably quite a low upper limit for the sentence that can be given, but that doesn't mean that it's any less shocking.

And it was 100% racially motivated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bonniedog wrote: »
    :confused:

I assume you are taking the pee.

You don't need to be anything other than not one of them to be a target. Chinese women are obviously an easy target in minds of scum. There have also been attacks along this part of canal on cyclists, older people. dog walkers, young fellas on their own, etc, etc. Obviously the poor woman's being Chinese was identifier in this case.

From my experience of these scum they have no interest in anything like football teams, bands, clothes (all dress the same mostly) as gangs might have done years ago. Clockwork Orange types whose chosen diversion is preying on the rest of us.

They're the kind of cowardly scumbags who namecall anyone less threatening than themselves who passes. Someone reacts as we see here and get shoved into the canal.

Of course even if caught, being minors, nothing happens. Ah shur God love dem dey're only kids...dey have no faciliteeeees

It could have very easily led to a serious injury. On top of that it was also a racist attack. I imagine the poor woman is somewhat traumatised by the event as well. So escaping without injury doesn't mean that it's not incredibly serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

These kids are bored. We need a war to ship them off to. Get rid of them for a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Treppen

You wouldn't say that if it was your daughter or sister.

Sure, scumbags are doing worse, but that doesn't make this any better.

No injury? Jesus Christ! Is that the view you would take if it was your mother, sister or daughter? How did he know she wouldn't be injured when he did it? Canals are shallow, she could have struck her head. Violently pushing someone backwards can cause a neck injury.

Do you count the mental trauma as injury, because I do!

What is wrong with the people trying to minimise this crime? Yes, there is probably quite a low upper limit for the sentence that can be given, but that doesn't mean that it's any less shocking.

And it was 100% racially motivated.

I'm actually doing the opposite, we have a problem

This is the tip of the iceberg

Treppen wrote: »
    You wouldn't say that if it was you daughter or sister.

Sure, scumbags are doing worse, but that doesn't make this any better.

So what's a long sentence? You think this as a first offence warrants ten years?

I agree it was an awful crime, it should be punished, but it shouldn't take this to make prople realise we have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Phoebas wrote: »
    Aw c'mon. Pushing that woman into the canal was outrageous and it's perfectly reasonable for people to be outraged by it.

It is outrageous. I’m disgusted by it. Bullying and humiliation and racism. It’s not even a case of robbing someone for gain, it’s preying on someone and taking their dignity. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if these c*nts were stamped into the ground for doing that. And to video the ordeal too. F*cking scrotes. It actually has me seething. Imagine someone doing that your mam or sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Treppen

So what's a long sentence? You think this as a first offence warrants ten years?

I agree it was an awful crime, it should be punished, but it shouldn't take this to make prople realise we have a problem.

First offence?

You reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Ultima Thule

It seem it's ok for feral youth of Dublin to terrorise neighbourhoods so long as it's not racially motivated. Things like this have been going on years. If the girl wasn't Asisn it wouldn't have been on the news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

It’s happening all over the country , feral youths doing what they want , intimidating law abiding people .
    The judges think it’s ok

Advertisement