Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman pushed into Royal Canal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

I would’ve advised her to walk on and then at a fair distance, out of earshot, ring the guards if she has to - make her complaint - then meet the guard at a good distance away from the gang and explain what went on

But certainly not starting into a “lecture” right at the canal bank as they crowd around her.

I can see that you tried to walk back from your first post a little, but unfortunately I'd already reported it. Race doen't come into it? We must be looking at different videos. She was also surrounded. You make it sound like she could have casually walked away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

She should have kept walking regardless! Idiot!!!

People who are in fear or being intimidated can sometimes act in a way that in hindsight may not have been the safest option.

Anyone who can't appreciate that can only be a massive idiot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

kenmm wrote: »
    How far do you want this violent police force to go?

Maybe just as far as they said? As things were 20 years ago. In the 90s you got put in the cell got a hiding and sent home and you thought twice about doing it again.

My mother told me growing up, don't act the bollix around the guards, Garda X will kick the ****e out of you. I didn't act the bollix around the Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

They won't be laughing when surrounded in the clink by hardened criminals. Law needs to come down like a ton of bricks on pond scum, no suspended sentences after repeat offences.

If you think they'll serve time you're deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

As I said, slap the head off a few knackers.

Won't happen, so need to be offended.

Just a question, don't think I'm offended (I don't normally get offended by random stuff on the internet)?

Just wanted to know how far is 'enough'. Wonder what happens when they start fighting back? Suppose they can go in harder at that point?

• Advertisement

GarIT wrote: »
    Maybe just as far as they said? As things were 20 years ago. In the 90s you got put in the cell got a hiding and sent home and you thought twice about doing it again.

Did this actually happen to you tho? Or is it more likely that your parents raised you to have some respect for authority and the police beating you up was just really a saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Mass protests are needed until politicians change the laws that protect these "youths" but punish people protecting themselves and others out of self defence. Relying on the guardai to save you has to be the biggest joke ever told on this island.

The politicians and lawmakers screw the normal people of this country over with every decision and inaction. How long will we tolerate this? When will we stand up for sanity?

Did this actually happen to you? Tho?

No. I do know someone it happened to, likely deserved it.

Just a few slaps around the head and the scum will learn his place in society. Then he can spend his days on the dole and dying young.

Ok, so now it really is getting silly. This is the troll you were waiting on, right?

Pkiernan wrote: »
    And so my point has been made.

She was physically assaulted and racially abused, and the left defend the attackers! The world is upside down.

The world must be upside down for a lot on the right so too, normally giving out about foreigners being here and their kids born here calling themselves Irish and stripping them of their citizenship, while having to pretend that they are outraged at the little scrotes doing what they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

These little angles are de most vulnerable people in our society. Due to cuts in education they dont understand their implicit racial biases. Luckily they are virtually immune to the laws of the land as the poor lack all personal agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Well done you hero on the victim blaming.

Clown.

As an aside I heard Owen Roddy has kicked out one of the culprits from SBG Charlestown.

Eh Sorry now but she should’ve been more street wise. That’s the point we are making.

I have already provided an alternative course of action she should’ve taken - go back and read it and you will see it made far more sense than what she did

Rather than lecturing a group of teenagers while she stood with the canal bank DIRECTLY behind her.

Not her cleverest moment. race doesn’t come into this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I hope those scumbags get what they deserve and I don’t mean a court case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

How far do you want this violent police force to go?

Throw them in prison labour camps until they learn their lesson. If you choose to act like a monster, you get no human rights. The current alternative of allowing society to be terrorized is no alternative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Total scumbags.
    There seems to be a big problem with the lack of parenting now. Never would I do anything like that growing up because I'd know what would happen to me when I got home.
    I was more scared of me mammy than I was of An Garda Siochana.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

These little angles are de most vulnerable people in our society. Due to cuts in education they dont understand their implicit racial biases. Luckily they are virtually immune to the laws of the land as the poor lack all personal agency.

Right little angles altogether or is it little right angles? Obtuse I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

statesaver wrote: »
    Total scumbags.
    There seems to be a big problem with the lack of parenting now. Never would I do anything like that growing up because I'd know what would happen to me when I got home.
    I was more scared of me mammy than I was of An Garda Siochana.

Lack of fathers and decent male role models in their lives

gmisk wrote: »
    Jesus christ talk about victim blaming..

Not victim blaming, just saying it wasn’t a clever move

Not a clever move to lecture a group of teens with my back directly to the canal as they surround me.

Don’t start into the amateur lectures to little toe rags - instead get away , Go a fair distance from the canal Then ring the shades if need be.

It's shocking that in a case with an obvious victim and obvious perpetrator the argument has to be focused on right Vs left.

"Our group would deal with it but that other group would do nothing about it and it's all their fault"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 onh81

Im a typical lefty sjw and yet i agree, for some reason progressive politics in this country cant embrace the fact that scumbags are making life difficult for ordinary people and need to be dealt with, its depressing, look at Brexit, trump etc, the left are so far up their own arsers
    I’m a “typical lefty”, unapologetic, Irish Republican. Fully support vigilante action in scenarios like this. Sometimes the authorities just don’t have the resources to deal with scumbags like this. Other times they just point blank refuse.

I wouldn’t say the left are up their arses. Reactionary, right-wing racists in the form of the Irish Freedom Party/Yellow Vests tried to spread their hate publicly in Belfast on Saturday. They were confronted by anti-fascists and Republicans, needing police protection. These anti-vacc, tinfoil-hat wearing, flat earth Neanderthals need and deserve every bit of abuse directed their way, and violence when necessary.

• Advertisement

Lack of fathers and decent male role models in their lives

There is actually come statistical evidence that divorce has something to do with this, at least in the US. Kids seeing themselves as the alpha of the household telling their mother how it is and no father to put them in their place can cause this.

I fully support divorce btw.

I agree but in fairness she may be from a civilised Asian country where the police and courts actually do their job.

Maybe so but apparently she’s been living here years so I’m not sure what is going on - the royal canal in dublin is a far cry from any number of civilized Asian countries like you say

Eh Sorry now but she should’ve been more street wise. That’s the point we are making.

I have already provided an alternative course of action she should’ve taken - go back and read it and you will see it made far more sense than what she did

Rather than lecturing a group of teenagers while she stood with the canal bank DIRECTLY behind her.

Not her cleverest moment. race doesn’t come into this.

People like you are what is wrong with society.
    Blaming the victim for not being streetwise!

People need to be called out by society when they do wrong.

bubblypop wrote: »

So I’m wrong in stating what she did was totally naive?

She decided the time was right to give a lecture to a crowd of scumbag teens while standing DIRECTLY in front of the canal bank

Do you think that was clever??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

She's have got stabbed in London. Every country has it's scumbags im afraid.

bubblypop wrote: »

There's two separate statements here. It's not in any way her fault. If she had known how to handle a situation like that better it wouldn't have happened to her. She isn't at fault for not protecting herself first before thinking about confronting them but if she did, she wouldn't have ended up in the canal.

True. Perhaps she bought into the 'blm' crap and thought the whites would back down after a stern lecture on their privilege?

God knows what was going on in her head

She should’ve got a safe distance away (hint - AWAY from the canal bank) and then rang the shades

Apparently I’m completely wrong for pointing this out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

DEY NEED MORE MONEY FOR DE FACILITIES!!!

Dey certainly do.

More facilities = fewer ladies in the canal.

Then ring the shades if need be.

The shades?
    The traveller name for the Gardai

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

If that woman is from China, she probably assumed she could reprimand someones offensive behaviour in public without any retribution.

It would be unthinkable that a gang of youths would do something like that in China. They would be dealt with swiftly and decisively by the authorities there. Also, it would be highly unlikely that kids would be brought up like that.

It speaks to how our system is breaking down, that youths could not only do this but do it without any fear of consequences. No fear of consequences is a failure of both parents and authorities.

This is what liberalism is doing for us in Ireland. Hordes of feral youth who are untouchable. Hordes of junkies/ alcos/ homeless in our urban centres. Dublin City is on its way to becoming unliveable in many parts, because of these anti-social degenerates.

Covid is just accelerating a trend that was already there.

Advertisement