Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman pushed into Royal Canal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I hope people learn to carry pepper spray. Little bawbags wouldn’t have been tiktoking that.

Illegal here for some odd reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I think if your child gets to late teens and hasnt been taught not to throw little chinese women into canals, you as a parent should also be punished.

The parents could be even worse for all we know

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I spent my career dealing with an element that were like these (though most of the children I taught were decent kids with parents who gave a sh1t). One incident shows their thinking. There was a taxi man killed when a stolen car containing some out of control and unchecked darlings ran into him at a junction in the north inner city.

The attitude of those involved and their like to his death was 'well he shouldn't have been there'.

Sadly it looks like at least one poster has the same attitude to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The worst thing about these incidents is Irish people always saying it's not racist because they'd attack them if they had red hair or glasses or whatever. Yes they probably would because they're narrow minded racist bigots probably like their parents who who grow up hating foreigners and blaming them for taking all the money and jobs etc like every other narrow minded scumbag. Racists dont usually just hate other races. This lot would attack people for being gay too, and yes that would be a homophobic attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

spurious wrote: »
    I spent my career dealing with an element that were like these (though most of the children I taught were decent kids with parents who gave a sh1t). One incident shows their thinking. There was a taxi man killed when a stolen car containing some out of control and unchecked darlings ran into him at a junction in the north inner city.

The attitude of those involved and their like to his death was 'well he shouldn't have been there'.

This example is not at all the same..

The woman was entitled to be there..

The poster, whomever it is, advised, and I believe rightly so, not to confront-remonstrate-tackle a gang that is harassing you..

I would advise that to everyone who finds themselves in a similar position..

Your life is worth far more...the risks out there with some these people are just too much..

That poor woman could have drowned.

Sadly, her decision to confront these teens resulted in them throwing her into a canal..

That is not blaming her. That is saying what happened..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

walshb wrote: »
    This example is not at all the same..

The woman was entitled to be there..

The poster, whomever it is, advised, and I believe rightly so, not to confront-remonstrate-tackle a gang that is harassing you..

I would advise that to everyone who finds themselves in a similar position..

Your life is worth far more...the risks out there with some these people are just too much..

That poor woman could have drowned.

Sadly, her decision to confront these teens resulted in them throwing her into a canal..

So, 'it was her fault'. If she hadn't been there/remonstrated with them/been smaller than them it wouldn't have happened. That is the mindset you are dealing with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

The Garda now acting on twitter like the problem is that Irish society is hateful and they need to lecture us against "hate crime."

Absolutely despicable. They know perfectly well that normal people don't act this way, this is the result of feral scum thinking they are untouchable.

The problem is 1) you don't do your jobs and 2) lawmakers are only interested in protecting offenders and punish anyone willing to protect themselves.

Just repulsive garbage. Sack everyone and everything involved with law enforcement in Ireland and rebuild it all from the ground up.

That was my mates honda stolen from outside friends house in killester while we were drinking inside. Next morning said honda was on the front of the newspapers. Horrible situation that poor taxi driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

These scum dhould get 5 years, and their parents should lose all welfare benefits for the same time.

So, 'it was her fault'. If she hadn't been there it wouldn't have happened. That is the mindset you are dealing with.

What?

You are not grasping the point....

It is advice given to help protect yourself against these types acts...

You keep bringing up blame.....

Are you saying that advising people (single person here) to not tackle/remonstrate/confront a gang that is harassing you to be ill advised?

It would seem to be to be very sensible advice..

• Advertisement

The reason they're so brazen is because people are terrified of them and dont stand up to them. If more people did like this woman they'd probably behave a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The reason they're so brazen is because people are terrified of them and dont stand up to them. If more people did like this woman they'd probably behave a little better.

They would need to be at least bigger, stronger and more numerous, no?
    Pick your fights. Don't start what you can't finish.

That was my mates honda stolen from outside friends house in killester while we were drinking inside. Next morning said honda was on the front of the newspapers. Horrible situation that poor taxi driver.

The poor man - just trying to make a living. One of the 'youths' split his skull and it was only held together by the baseball cap he had on. Went on to be killed in an attempted Post Office robbery later.

Zero tolerance for this sort of sh1te.

Come off it..

Yes, if it was some large and strong man I’d say yes, maybe stand up for yourself..

This was a small little lady last for chrissake..And her standing up could have cost her life..

Get out there, and report them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Blue-Haired Lawyer:
    How many people in this court thread are thinking of killing pushing her right now?

[a few people raise their hands]

Blue-Haired Lawyer:
    Be honest...

I’m not condoning their behaviour, but this happens to white Irish people too. Happened to my nephew once who almost drowned and he didn’t go to AGS as what exactly can they do about it?

Blue-Haired Lawyer:
    How many people in this court thread are thinking of killing pushing her right now?

Blue-Haired Lawyer:
    Be honest...

I’m not condoning their behaviour, but this happens to white Irish people too. Happened to my nephew once who almost drowned and he didn’t go to AGS as what exactly can they do about it?

The f*ck are you on about?
    And sure they would attack white people or gays or anyone different. Because they are narrow minded bigots who hate anything different. This is who racists are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Possibly. Or maybe we'd be full time fishing people outta the canal.

There's plenty of little gougers about the city who do not give a sheeee-ite what anyone thinks.

Blue-Haired Lawyer:

Blue-Haired Lawyer:
    Be honest...

What can they do about it? Press charges for assault, monitor the area for such behaviour. Do nothing until somebody drowns appears to be your stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The_Brood wrote: »
    The Garda now acting on twitter like the problem is that Irish society is hateful and they need to lecture us against "hate crime."

A lot easier to post trite platitudes on twitter than actually keeping the peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Lack of fathers and decent male role models in their lives

TBH I'd say even if the fathers are still on the scene it wouldn't make much difference, its not from the ground these guys got that scummy attitude they have.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    People like you are what is wrong with society.
    Blaming the victim for not being streetwise!

People need to be called out by society when they do wrong.

So would you confront a gang of teenagers?

I'm a man and I wouldn't, yes I would be angry at being abused but I'd prefer that to ending up in hospital or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

For crimes like this the only punishment these twats will fear is a public whipping. Each and every one of them laid over a tar barrel and whip them till their backs are bleeding. Then whip them some more.

Anything less than that they'll just laugh at you.

I'm a man and I wouldn't, yes I would be angry at being abused but I'd prefer that to ending up in hospital or worse.

I wouldn’t because I’m a pussy. That’s why I really admire this woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

walshb wrote: »

No.
    Their decision to push her in the canal resulted in them pushing her in the canal.

You are blaming her. You may as well be saying that her decision to leave her house that morning resulted in her being pushed into the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

The f*ck are you on about?
    And sure they would attack white people or gays or anyone different. Because they are narrow minded bigots who hate anything different. This is who racists are.

They’ll attack anyone. It has absolutely nothing to do with race, gender or sexuality. It’s to get a laugh.

The group of young lads in Thurles on Friday spraying shaving foam at people near the arts centre. One of them was black btw. It was funny. They destroyed the back of a mans trousers with the shaving foam, business man type in a suit :D why? Because he was an easy target in the vicinity.

Admiration means eff all if you end up seriously injured or killed..

The question is: would you now advise and advocate everyone to do as she did, and tackle a gang that is harassing you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

gmisk wrote: »
    Really crappy incident, total scumbags

The thickos videoing his mates was stupid enough to post it with his own name as username....

This is it these days seems any form of violence the alliance film it, as if they think when posted people will think "ah these lads a great crack", but without these videos we would never know,your word against there's, ,no video, no news, but at least it will help to convict, so keep filming you A...holes.

Phoebas wrote: »
    No.
    Their decision to push her in the canal resulted in them pushing her in the canal.

You are blaming her. You may as well be saying that her decision to leave her house that morning resulted in her being pushed into the canal.

Had she left the scene and not confronted them is my point.

Leaving her house has nothing to do with it. She confronted them and they did what they did..

We all know what they did...

And I am not blaming her. The scum committed the act.

You are simply missing the bigger picture...

That is the dangers of confronting a gang on your own..

Its always best to just keep the head down and ignore them while walking away at the same time, she doesn't seem to realise we have skangers like this lot in every city and in the bigger towns who are like this and will never change.

• Advertisement

If I see a gang of teenagers doing something wrong, then yes, I absolutely call them out on it.
    If more people did, society might not be as bad as it is now.

Advertisement