Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hop on hop-off buses

Options
  • 16-08-2020 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

I noticed these are trundling around the city again. Can't say I missed them belching fumes and hogging road space during rush hour while quarter full with few tourists...

Do they need some manner of licence to operate? In a relatively small city like Dublin that (pre-covid) is thronged with tourists struggling for space with residents and commuters I can't understand the rational of letting them operate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Allinall

If they’re on buses then they’re not clogging up the footpaths dithering along trying to read maps and holding everyone up.

I’m all for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I noticed these are trundling around the city again. Can't say I missed them belching fumes and hogging road space during rush hour while quarter full with few tourists...

Do they need some manner of licence to operate? In a relatively small city like Dublin that (pre-covid) is thronged with tourists struggling for space with residents and commuters I can't understand the rational of letting them operate.

No Bus can operate any service without a licence, of course they would have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

They’re also in pretty much every city in the world. So while you mightn’t care for them, they’re not going away OP so you might have to just accept them

Advertisement