Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sage the Oracle

Options
  • 16-08-2020 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi folks - wondering if anyone has a “Sage The Oracle” machine? Just wondering what your experiences are with it before I pull the trigger on one for home use!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Mark1916 wrote: »
    Hi folks - wondering if anyone has a “Sage The Oracle” machine? Just wondering what your experiences are with it before I pull the trigger on one for home use!

I bought a Sage Barista Touch from Brown Thomas. It broke after under 1 year. It wasn't abused, used about 4 times a week. In fact it blew the fuses in my house as I attempted to get it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Mark1916 wrote: »

Use a water filter and descale it every 3 months or you will be back on the Maxwell house jars before you know it

Use a water filter and descale it every 3 months or you will be back on the Maxwell house jars before you know it

I used a brittas water filter for all the water that was poured in as well as the filter in the coffee machine's water tank itself. I did descale regularly too. Then water started pouring out of parts of the machine where it was not supposed to come out. Eventually it blew the electrics in the house.

With Covid I don't want to risk bringing it back to Brown Thomas in Dublin where I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

forumdedum wrote: »
    I used a brittas water filter for all the water that was poured in as well as the filter in the coffee machine's water tank itself. I did descale regularly too. Then water started pouring out of parts of the machine where it was not supposed to come out. Eventually it blew the electrics in the house.

With Covid I don't want to risk bringing it back to Brown Thomas in Dublin where I bought it.

Lol. Don't mean to laugh at your predicament, but while a coffee machine does draw down a decent current, there is a fuse on the plug which would blow before your entire house blew. Secondarily, your home should have an up to date fuse board... The fuse on that would go before major damage would occur.

Can you please explain what aspect of your household electrics 'blew'?

Remember that this is a household electric appliance and conforms to CE standards, so if faulty could possibly trip a fuse. On the other hand, if your fuse board or electrical circuittry are not compliant you could overload it by using one or more appliances with a strong capacity over a single loop.

I'm not questioning the principal that your machine may have been faulty or in need of maintenance... Leaking shouldn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Lol. Don't mean to laugh at your predicament, but while a coffee machine does draw down a decent current, there is a fuse on the plug which would blow before your entire house blew. Secondarily, your home should have an up to date fuse board... The fuse on that would go before major damage would occur.

Remember that this is a household electric appliance and conforms to CE standards, so if faulty could possibly trip a fuse. On the other hand, if your fuse board or electrical circuittry are not compliant you could overload it by using one or more appliances with a strong capacity over a single loop.

I'm not questioning the principal that your machine may have been faulty or in need of maintenance... Leaking shouldn't happen.

I'd say he means tripping the switch

• Advertisement

Bluefoam wrote: »

Tripped the electrics. Sorry if I used the wrong lingo. There is no way my electrics were overloaded.

Advertisement