Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Messing about with a 4-4-2 now, the mid priced striker options aren't too inspiring and there's a lot of value around the 5m defender range - Davies, Dier, Saiss, Egan, James, Shaw, Bellerin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Yes but none of the other 4.5 mids are likely to match that 1 or 2 points. As it stands, Romeu looks the most likely 4.5 mid to start each week.

Has Dale Stephens lost his place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Ace2007 wrote: »

Not sure but Lallana coming in probably doesn't help him. Lallana is more of a Potter type of player. I don't think he is a good option anyway, if ever their was a man who loves yellow cards, its Stephens!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Propper took his spot I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That's good, I watched him in playoffs and he's a tidy player.

Gordon is rumoured to be going out on loan.

Hopefully Gordon goes on loan to one of the lower PL sides.

He signed a 5 year contact so Everton seem to rate him highly

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2020/9/1/21410041/winger-anthony-gordon-signs-five-year-contract-at-everton-deal-news-latest-transfer-window

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Douglas from Leeds? If so go with Ayling/Dallas

Douglas is 0.5 cheaper

Not sure if there is a better defender available for 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Douglas is 0.5 cheaper

Not sure if there is a better defender available for 4.0

There's talk that Mitchell from Crystal Palace might be given game time until van Aanholt is back from injury so that is who I am going for at that price currently. If I could find another 0.5 mill I think there are some options that are worth the extra money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Haven't made any changes in a couple of hours so this probably counts as an official draft..

Ryan | Button

TAA | Bavies | Egan | KWP | Mitchell

Son | Salah | Aubameyang | ASM | Reed

Werner | Antonio | Mitrovic

Will probably go with Ryan as set and forget keeper....if Button goes to WBA I'll double up with Johnstone instead.

Not sure is Bavies liked by Jose or not ?? It's either him or Dier.

The rest is fairly standard I guess...tried a few teams with Kane but liked the Son ones better. Also tried a couple with Manchester assets benched but too many unknowns right now imho.

Feedback welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Haven't made any changes in a couple of hours so this probably counts as an official draft..

Ryan | Button

TAA | Bavies | Egan | JWP | Mitchell

Son | Salah | Aubameyang | ASM | Reed

Werner | Antonio | Mitrovic

Will probably go with Ryan as set and forget keeper....if Button goes to WBA I'll double up with Johnstone instead.

Not sure is Bavies liked by Jose or not ?? It's either him or Dier.

The rest is fairly standard I guess...tried a few teams with Kane but liked the Son ones better. Also tried a couple with Manchester assets benched but too many unknowns right now imho.

Feedback welcome

Looks like a strong squad to me. My main question would be over Antonio with the bad run of fixtures West Ham have to start the season but if he keeps the form he was on at the end of last season he could be worth selecting alright. Currently have Davies in my squad as well but will have to look again after pre season to see if he is likely to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Late to the pre-season, first draft below. I'll admit a few of the picks (Soucek mostly) are based on bandwagon momentum more than my own informed opinion.

Johnstone | Steer
    TAA | Vinagre | Walker-Peters | Justin | Mitchell
    KdB | Salah | Son | Soucek | Gordon
    Werner | Martial | Mitrovic

Midfield is where I struggled the most; so many good premiums to choose from. I really want to get PEA in there for Son, but it seems like it would have to be KdB or Salah out. My other issue is questionable game time for multiple picks (Mitchell, Justin, Gordon).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

macraignil wrote: »
    Looks like a strong squad to me. My main question would be over Antonio with the bad run of fixtures West Ham have to start the season but if he keeps the form he was on at the end of last season he could be worth selecting alright. Currently have Davies in my squad as well but will have to look again after pre season to see if he is likely to start.
    Do West Ham really have bad fixtures? The fixtures graphic shows a lot of red but I don't think any of these fixtures are bad from an FPL striker point of view. I wouldn't be confident of West Ham getting many points but that's not the same thing.

NEW (H) 2
    ARS (A) 4
    WOL (H) 3
    LEI (A) 4
    TOT (A) 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭munster87

Late to the pre-season, first draft below. I'll admit a few of the picks (Soucek mostly) are based on bandwagon momentum more than my own informed opinion.

Johnstone | Steer
    TAA | Vinagre | Walker-Peters | Justin | Mitchell
    KdB | Salah | Son | Soucek | Gordon
    Werner | Martial | Mitrovic

Midfield is where I struggled the most; so many good premiums to choose from. I really want to get PEA in there for Son, but it seems like it would have to be KdB or Salah out. My other issue is questionable game time for multiple picks (Mitchell, Justin, Gordon).

Soucek is self isolating due to contact with a positive case so he’ll probably miss gw1?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

munster87 wrote: »
    Soucek is self isolating due to contact with a positive case so he’ll probably miss gw1?

Missed that news! There may well be some COVID-roulette this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ryan | Button

TAA | Doherty | Lindelof | Walker Peters | Mitchell

Saka | Salah | Aubameyang | Maximin | Souek

Werner | Kane | Davis

Will Saka start?
    I'm aware Lindelof won't start in gw1 so will 3-5-2 it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Nalz wrote: »
    Ryan | Button

TAA | Doherty | Lindelof | Walker Peters | Mitchell

Saka | Salah | Aubameyang | Maximin | Souek

Werner | Kane | Davis

Will Saka start?
    I'm aware Lindelof won't start in gw1 so will 3-5-2 it

i would imagine Saka will come off the bench a lot in the league, and be a starter in europe

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

McCarthy/Nyland

Arnold/Justin/Vinagre/Ferguson/Mitchell

Salah/Aubameyang/Son/Ward-Prowse/Gordon

Werner/Antonio/Mitrovic

I have 1.5m in the bank for Son to Fernandes in week 2

Thoughts?

Missed that news! There may well be some COVID-roulette this year...

They should have added in say x number of Covid Transfer cards - if say a player in your team tests positive then you can transfer him out either for free, or for one GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

They should have added in say x number of Covid Transfer cards - if say a player in your team tests positive then you can transfer him out either for free, or for one GW.

Isn't that why there are 4 subs on your bench (incl goalkeeper), so if a player doesn't play, someone on your bench comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

No different to a player getting injured. Unless it's having a huge impact on the game it will stay as normal

Isn't that why there are 4 subs on your bench (incl goalkeeper), so if a player doesn't play, someone on your bench comes in.
    jamesbere wrote: »
    No different to a player getting injured. Unless it's having a huge impact on the game it will stay as normal

It's a little different, if one player gets injured his injury isn't going to lead to another player missing out, whereas if say one player gets the virus it could lead to others having to isolate. And then any FPL plans thrown into disarray - bench or no bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    McCarthy/Nyland

Arnold/Justin/Vinagre/Ferguson/Mitchell

Salah/Aubameyang/Son/Ward-Prowse/Gordon

Werner/Antonio/Mitrovic

I have 1.5m in the bank for Son to Fernandes in week 2

Thoughts?

Your midefield and up front look good, but you've potentially three non playing subs (Ferguson, Mitchell, Gordon) and Justin might not be a starter now that Leicester have made a signing.

Son was playing up top for Spurs in the friendlies and he was scoring but he'll presumably drop back when Kane comes back, if you want to go with Spurs you could switch to Alli who's been playing through the middle and then you'd have another million to strengthen your back line.

It's a little different, if one player gets injured his injury isn't going to lead to another player missing out, whereas if say one player gets the virus it could lead to others having to isolate. And then any FPL plans thrown into disarray - bench or no bench.

Could you not say the same of any player that has a cold/flu or some other virus.

Could you not say the same of any player that has a cold/flu or some other virus.

Is there a legal requirement that someone has to isolate for x amount of days if they have the cold? or if a team mate comes into close contact with person with a cold?

I don't know what the PL plan to do if a team had 7/8 players isolating - imagine you have 3 pool players and a game was cancelled or played but with TAA/Salah missing.

Before games rarely got cancelled unless there was a cup clash - now who knows what will happen. We've seen games up in Scotland cancelled because of virus related issues

Is there a legal requirement that someone has to isolate for x amount of days if they have the cold? or if a team mate comes into close contact with person with a cold?

I don't know what the PL plan to do if a team had 7/8 players isolating - imagine you have 3 pool players and a game was cancelled or played but with TAA/Salah missing.

Before games rarely got cancelled unless there was a cup clash - now who knows what will happen. We've seen games up in Scotland cancelled because of virus related issues

Don’t know about legal requirement but I would be fairly confident that all clubs have a policy to avoid several members getting infected by each other (doesn’t mean protocol will be followed), pretty sure some of the spurs team got sick a few years ago 3/4 players “sick” .... could easily have been some other team.

I had tickets for the only ever cancelled Merseyside derby...cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch (in premierleague with state of the art drainage systems) the game clashed with man city/utd derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Greenwood & Kane or Son & Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Seen a great Budget defence!!

Holding Mee Long White Koch

Which long is that, from Burnley?

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Which long is that, from Burnley?

Yeah mate

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Greenwood & Kane or Son & Martial

That’s a tough one.

I’d go Greenwood & Kane.

That’s a tough one.

I’d go Greenwood & Kane.

That’s what I’m currently on. However that said, United asset is probably the best GW2 option and therefore I’d prefer Martial over Greenwood for that

• Advertisement

Team draft:

Johnstone (Button)

Trent (c) KWP Justin (Mitchell, Johnson)

Son Aubameyang KdB Soucek Perez

Werner Martial (Wickham)

Think that’s a fairly solid team to begin with.

Advertisement