Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

McCarthy - (Steer)
    TAA - Vinagre - KWP - Justin - (Mitchell)
    Salah - Son - Auba - Saka - (Stephens)
    Kane - Ings - (Davis)

I'm fairly content with this. Auba/Kane will make way for United/City assets around GW3.

Any better sub options? Best 4.5 mid? People mentioned Branthwaite for a 4m def, but I don't see him starting ahead of Keane and Mina.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

sheroman01 wrote: »
    McCarthy - (Steer)
    TAA - Vinagre - KWP - Justin - (Mitchell)
    Salah - Son - Auba - Saka - (Stephens)
    Kane - Ings - (Davis)

I'm fairly content with this. Auba/Kane will make way for United/City assets around GW3.

Any better sub options? Best 4.5 mid? People mentioned Branthwaite for a 4m def, but I don't see him starting ahead of Keane and Mina.

I think Reed at Fulham should be nailed on. Bissouma at Brighton looks like a starter now too but may not play every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any advice on this

McCarthy, Button

TAA, Robbo, Shaw, Davies, Vinagre

Auba, Son, Ali, Soucek, Armstrong

Antonio, Werner, Davis

2.5m in the back to get United in for GW2

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Any advice on this

McCarthy, Button

TAA, Robbo, Shaw, Davies, Vinagre

Auba, Son, Ali, Soucek, Armstrong

Antonio, Werner, Davis

2.5m in the back to get United in for GW2

Looks good, My current draft is very similar.
    Maybe Che Adams or mitro instead of Antonio. Better fixtures and 0.5 cheaper.
    What is your plan for united/city?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Looks good, My current draft is very similar.
    Maybe Che Adams or mitro instead of Antonio. Better fixtures and 0.5 cheaper.
    What is your plan for united/city?

Yeah have Adams in my thoughts, with maybe ASM for Armstrong.

Not sure, that's why I have the 2.5m - will see how the first week goes.

Martial, Greenwood, Fernandes preferred in that order.

Then Auba to KDB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Ryan Schmeicel

Bernardo Douglas Robertson TAA Vinagre

Aubemayang Saka Salah Sain-Maximin Ward-Prowse

Werner Mitrovic Antonio

--

main reservation is about Werner in case he has any issues adapting to the league. Also I've nothing in the bank - not sure how to feel about that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

This is what I have at the moment I'm sure I might change one or two things and I plan on bringing in KDB and Martial in gameweek two or three.

Mc Carthy (Pope)

Trent, Justin, Egan, Doherty ( Mitchell)

Auba , Saint-Maximin , Pereira (Reed , Fernandes)

Werner, Mitrovic, Ings

Any comments or suggestions? I've 0.5 in the bank as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

ballyargus wrote: »
    Ryan Schmeicel

Bernardo Douglas Robertson TAA Vinagre

Aubemayang Saka Salah Sain-Maximin Ward-Prowse

Werner Mitrovic Antonio

--

main reservation is about Werner in case he has any issues adapting to the league. Also I've nothing in the bank - not sure how to feel about that

Spending 10 on keepers is madness unless going with a premium set and forget + bench fodder. Going for another 4.5 keeper instead of Schmeichel gives you another 1 to play with. Not sure Bernado is guaranteed to start and I don't think Brighton are reliable enough to double up in defense, maybe spread the risk with a Southampton def instead. Saka unlikely to be in Arsenals strongest 11, Ceballos would be a better shout.

This is what I have at the moment I'm sure I might change one or two things and I plan on bringing in KDB and Martial in gameweek two or three.

Mc Carthy (Pope)

Trent, Justin, Egan, Doherty ( Mitchell)

Auba , Saint-Maximin , Pereira (Reed , Fernandes)

Werner, Mitrovic, Ings

Any comments or suggestions? I've 0.5 in the bank as well.

Again over-investing in keepers. I don't think Pope is worth that price this year, Burnley haven't improved the squad and Tark could be gone by the end of the week with WH and Leicester chasing him.

https://twitter.com/TimSpiers/status/1302900465458393088?s=19

Would leave them very short on numbers you'd think. Hopefully Marcal will come in at 4.5 but not likely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

McCarthy, Nyland

TAA, Egan, Ben Davies, 4.0, 4.0

Aubameyang, Armstrong, Soucek, Alli, Greenwood

Werner, Bamford, Firmino.

3.5m in the bank to go Alli to KDB in GW2.

Greenwood acting as cheaper United cover, a loss I can absorb in GW1 until I have the free transfers.

An obvious, massive risk leaving out Mane and Salah, however Firmino massively underperformed his xG last season and should have better numbers this season. Hoping that he can offer a cheaper route into Liverpools attack. Saying that I feel that they will get 10-11 points from the first 15 available, so after GW5 I'll be in a better position to evaluate when they have easier fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Coybig_ wrote: »
    McCarthy, Nyland

TAA, Egan, Ben Davies, 4.0, 4.0

Aubameyang, Armstrong, Soucek, Alli, Greenwood

Werner, Bamford, Firmino.

3.5m in the bank to go Alli to KDB in GW2.

Greenwood acting as cheaper United cover, a loss I can absorb in GW1 until I have the free transfers.

An obvious, massive risk leaving out Mane and Salah, however Firmino massively underperformed his xG last season and should have better numbers this season. Hoping that he can offer a cheaper route into Liverpools attack. Saying that I feel that they will get 10-11 points from the first 15 available, so after GW5 I'll be in a better position to evaluate when they have easier fixtures

Firmino really did underperform his xG. The only problem there is, it appears they priced him with that in mind. His price doesn’t seem to have been chopped at all because of that underperforming.

He could definitely do well, but he’s not value at that price IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Starting to come close to being happy after a decent bit of tinkering - feedback welcome!

Hoping Brewster gets loaned but if as thats not looking likely before GW1 may have to swap Charlie Taylor to someone who is going to play this weekend...Other option is to downgrade Son to Alli and upgrade one of my other subs as I am pretty weak on the bench currently.

Johnstone (Button)
    TAA - Ben Davies - Walker Peters - (Charlie Taylor - Struijk)
    Havertz - Salah - Auba - Son (Gordon)
    Werner - Mitro (Brewster)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Starting to come close to being happy after a decent bit of tinkering - feedback welcome!

Hoping Brewster gets loaned but if as thats not looking likely before GW1 may have to swap Charlie Taylor to someone who is going to play this weekend...Other option is to downgrade Son to Alli and upgrade one of my other subs as I am pretty weak on the bench currently.

Johnstone (Button)
    TAA - Ben Davies - Walker Peters - (Charlie Taylor - Struijk)
    Havertz - Salah - Auba - Son (Gordon)
    Werner - Mitro (Brewster)

Seems sensible not sure where Havertz will play though. Bissouma might a safer pick than Gordon since everton made a lot of midfield signings.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Think Greenwood might be in the doghouse for one or two GWs so might be back to the drawing board with that one.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Came 7496 last year so pressure on this year to try and match it.

I am bit lost though seems a lot harder to find a team.

Draft no7 (i think) at the minute is

Martinez McCarthy

TAA, VVD, Doherty, .....Bernardo, Douglas

Mane, Auba, Saint-M, Pereira, .....Stephens

Ings, Jimi, Mitro

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

WD_Raceway wrote: »
    Came 7496 last year so pressure on this year to try and match it.

I am bit lost though seems a lot harder to find a team.

Draft no7 (i think) at the minute is

Martinez McCarthy

TAA, VVD, Doherty, .....Bernardo, Douglas

Mane, Auba, Saint-M, Pereira, .....Stephens

Ings, Jimi, Mitro

7500 this with that team! Most will have similar except not my of fpl gamers with online presences are picking Jiminez. Or Mane/
    I think both good picks.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Think Greenwood might be in the doghouse for one or two GWs so might be back to the drawing board with that one.

The irony though is that Maguire will keep the arm band and probably start despite his conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Plenty of tinkering and would like some feedback & advice.

Johnstone (Button)

James Justin KWP (Ayling Johnson)

Salah (c) Aubam Perez JWP (ASM)

Werner Kane Antonio

0.5m ITB

Big question mark is whether I go for Trent or not.

So, I would need to replace James and then either go Perez or Antonio to a 4.5m fodder meaning ASM becomes a starter.

Which way would you go?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Plenty of tinkering and would like some feedback & advice.

Johnstone (Button)

James Justin KWP (Ayling Johnson)

Salah (c) Aubam Perez JWP (ASM)

Werner Kane Antonio

0.5m ITB

Big question mark is whether I go for Trent or not.

So, I would need to replace James and then either go Perez or Antonio to a 4.5m fodder meaning ASM becomes a starter.

Which way would you go?

I would be of the opinion that you’re not seeing the benefit of all that money you’re saving on your defence there.

Never mind Trent, even Robertson has outscored Kane 2 years in a row and he’s 3.5 million cheaper.

Are 6.5 Perez and 6.0 JWP definitely worth the extra money over the 5.5 options?

Obviously if you have great feelings about these guys, you should trust your own opinions on it, but I don’t see you getting a big noticeable advantage on your cheapie defence there.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I would be of the opinion that you’re not seeing the benefit of all that money you’re saving on your defence there.

Never mind Trent, even Robertson has outscored Kane 2 years in a row and he’s 3.5 million cheaper.

Are 6.5 Perez and 6.0 JWP definitely worth the extra money over the 5.5 options?

Obviously if you have great feelings about these guys, you should trust your own opinions on it, but I don’t see you getting a big noticeable advantage on your cheapie defence there.

Thanks for your feedback and I get your point.

I am going with the budget defence because I don’t see the premium defenders returning big numbers early stages. Once the league settles down we will start to see premium defences emerge. Liverpool started relatively slow last season from a defensive point view.

Yes I was going with Soucek as a 5mil mid but I see he is now missing the 1st GW due to quarantine.

What other 5.5m options are better then JWP... I think Southampton will start very well and may yet change Antonio to Adams

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Thanks for your feedback and I get your point.

I am going with the budget defence because I don’t see the premium defenders returning big numbers early stages. Once the league settles down we will start to see premium defences emerge. Liverpool started relatively slow last season from a defensive point view.

Yes I was going with Soucek as a 5mil mid but I see he is now missing the 1st GW due to quarantine.

What other 5.5m options are better then JWP... I think Southampton will start very well and may yet change Antonio to Adams

5.5 options that I think are potentially good at little risk would be Armstrong, Diangana, Keita, Saka, Podence and obviously ASM who you already have

5.5 options that I think are potentially good at little risk would be Armstrong, Diangana, Keita, Saka, Podence and obviously ASM who you already have

Really like Diangana, it's a pity their fixtures are rubbish. Think they will score against Leicester though and if it's him or Pereira, can see a bandwagon taking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I think I've finally settled on this team but obviously still time for changes.

Johnstone | Button
    • Both West Brom, both set and forget. Not expecting plenty of CS but expecting plenty of save points and the odd CS here and there

TAA | Robertson | KWP | Lamptey | Mitchell
      TAA and Robertson represent great value IMO, possible CS's and more potential to get goals/assists than the majority in their price bracket. May keep them in for the season.
    • KWP & Lamptey are grand 4.5 DF's, Rotate quite nice too and potential attacking points.
    • Mitchell the 4.0 fodder who should start the season and get a few points.
    Auba | Salah | Son | ASM | Soucek
    • Auba is an expensive OOP player, I actually fancy him to be top goalscorer and is one of the first players in my team.
    • Toss up between Salah or Mane and I've gone with Salah given he's had more FPL points than Mane the last 3 seasons.
    • Son and Spurs have good fixtures to start off and fancy Son to do well.
    • Saint Maximin was decent post lockdown and a grand price at 5.5 for points.
    • Disregarding Covid and West Ham being a general mess, I'd have Soucek in all day at 5.0, he might change but no one is jumping out at me at that price range. Open to suggestions?!

Werner | Adams | Davis
    • Afraid to go without Werner given he's so heavily owned is forming the basis for picking him, that and Chelsea have decent fixtures to start. Werners price allows me to swap to Martial/Jimi, etc if he doesn't start well.
    • Adams - I'd love Ings but can't afford him. Hoping Adams can at least get a couple goals and assists if Ings doesn't.
    • Davis - Fodder and no one really at 5.0. If he can get the odd 1 point here and there, happy out.

Keeping 0.5 ITB for price changes, etc. Think going fairly conservatively given the uncertainty around Covid, isolation, etc and unknown quantity around who wil start, etc. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Is Havertz worthwhile at 8.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Johnstone | Button
    • Both West Brom, both set and forget. Not expecting plenty of CS but expecting plenty of save points and the odd CS here and there

TAA and Robertson represent great value IMO, possible CS's and more potential to get goals/assists than the majority in their price bracket. May keep them in for the season.
    • KWP & Lamptey are grand 4.5 DF's, Rotate quite nice too and potential attacking points.
    • Auba is an expensive OOP player, I actually fancy him to be top goalscorer and is one of the first players in my team.
    • Toss up between Salah or Mane and I've gone with Salah given he's had more FPL points than Mane the last 3 seasons.
    • Disregarding Covid and West Ham being a general mess, I'd have Soucek in all day at 5.0, he might change but no one is jumping out at me at that price range. Open to suggestions?!

Werner | Adams | Davis
    • Afraid to go without Werner given he's so heavily owned is forming the basis for picking him, that and Chelsea have decent fixtures to start. Werners price allows me to swap to Martial/Jimi, etc if he doesn't start well.
    • Adams - I'd love Ings but can't afford him. Hoping Adams can at least get a couple goals and assists if Ings doesn't.
    • Davis - Fodder and no one really at 5.0. If he can get the odd 1 point here and there, happy out.

Keeping 0.5 ITB for price changes, etc. Think going fairly conservatively given the uncertainty around Covid, isolation, etc and unknown quantity around who wil start, etc. Any thoughts?

Really like this, very similar to my team. Have you any thoughts/plans to get a United/City player? Put it this way, if those teams had a fixture in GW1 would you have them in your team? That’s my concern at the moment, by Sunday when There’s a fixture showing for City I’m gonna want KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Really like this, very similar to my team. Have you any thoughts/plans to get a United/City player? Put it this way, if those teams had a fixture in GW1 would you have them in your team? That’s my concern at the moment, by Sunday when There’s a fixture showing for City I’m gonna want KDB

Cheers for replying.

If this was GW1, I'd have KDB without doubt.

The only players that interest me as KDB, Bruno (pricey), Greenwood, Martial or Aguero. (Werner could turn into either of these 2)

I've no plan yet and might be a case of taking Salah out to accommodate either one of KDB/Fernandes. Feels like a big gamble tho.

The season for most of us will be having the premium midfield options (Salah, Mane, KDB, Fernandes, Auba, Sterling, Mahrez, Son) at the right time. Bit of a lottery otherwise.

[*]KWP & Lamptey are grand 4.5 DF's, Rotate quite nice too and potential attacking points.

Brighton signed a full back from Ajax, could he reduce game time for Lamptey?
    [*]Disregarding Covid and West Ham being a general mess, I'd have Soucek in all day at 5.0, he might change but no one is jumping out at me at that price range. Open to suggestions?!

I think Ceballos @ 5.0 is a good option for the first four GWs at least.

Ye the only one I can see outperformed JWP & Perez would be Keita.

I’d much prefer Pereria than Diangana.

I think Perreira will be in most teams come Xmas. Just want to wait & see with their early fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Johnstone | Button

Werner | Adams | Davis

I’ve said this before, a theory I heard on Soucek. High ownership, does nothing GW1 or 2, massive sales, prices drops 0.1/0.2. Thats a disaster, cause you’re them into using a transfer or sucking it up. Hold off until the fixtures turn. Look at someone for 5.5 or 6m

Where do you get that extra 1m?
    Swap Son for Alli, apparently when Kane, Son and Alli are playing together it’s Alli as second striker through the middle. He’s underpriced no matter what

I’d also find another 0.5 to upgrade Mitchell, he’s a transfer waiting to happen. You can have a decent defender for 4.5m to come in when there’s a Covid case/injury

Advertisement