Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

CSF wrote: »
    Are 6.5 Perez and 6.0 JWP definitely worth the extra money over the 5.5 options?

Would Barnes & Keita tempt you instead, for the same overall price? Keita is not nailed on as a starter yet though.

I'm looking at Minamino at 6.5 myself. Pretty much OOP and has had a good pre-season in terms of output. Seems to have gotten a lot stronger. How much he will play after the Leeds game is a bit of an unknown but I think he'll start GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Still tinkering, currently on a 4-3-3

Johnstone/Button
    TAA/Dier/Davies/KWP/Shaw
    Auba/Pepe/Perez/Reed/Bisouma
    Werner/Kane/Adams

Recently upgraded Keita and Davis to Bisouma and Adams, think I’m happier with that

Edit: should say I’ve 3m in the bank so will probably use tht somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fitz* wrote: »
    Would Barnes & Keita tempt you instead, for the same overall price? Keita is not nailed on as a starter yet though.

I'm looking at Minamino at 6.5 myself. Pretty much OOP and has had a good pre-season in terms of output. Seems to have gotten a lot stronger. How much he will play after the Leeds game is a bit of an unknown but I think he'll start GW1.

Barnes and Keïta would be ahead of Perez and JWP as a combo for me yeah

Lads, help me out. See a couple of people talking about pereira.

Which one? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lads, help me out. See a couple of people talking about pereira.

Which one? :D

Matheus. West Brom.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Barnes and Keïta would be ahead of Perez and JWP as a combo for me yeah

Not for me, at all

Unless Keita goes daft

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Latest draft

McCarthy
    TAA James Egan
    Auba Salah Barnes Armstrong
    Werner Ings Mitrovic

4m Taylor Bissouma 4.5 tbd

James is a punt, not 100% sold on him yet. May go for Bavies instead. I like the 5m price point as there are a few good options there and don't want to be relying on unconvincing 4.5s. Not mad about Mitro but he can become Wood after a few weeks. The other option is do an Ings Adams double up and go with a different 5.5 to Armstrong. Toyed with the idea of no Salah but don't want to start the season on the back foot if he bangs. I may go for Mané instead though.

The plan then...
    GW2 Salah to Bruno
    GW3 Auba to KDB
    GW4 One of Barnes to Chelsea mid/Ings to Martial/Mitro to Wood depending on form etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Coybig_ wrote: »
    McCarthy, Nyland

TAA, Egan, Ben Davies, 4.0, 4.0

Aubameyang, Armstrong, Soucek, Alli, Greenwood

Werner, Bamford, Firmino.

3.5m in the bank to go Alli to KDB in GW2.

Greenwood acting as cheaper United cover, a loss I can absorb in GW1 until I have the free transfers.

An obvious, massive risk leaving out Mane and Salah, however Firmino massively underperformed his xG last season and should have better numbers this season. Hoping that he can offer a cheaper route into Liverpools attack. Saying that I feel that they will get 10-11 points from the first 15 available, so after GW5 I'll be in a better position to evaluate when they have easier fixtures

Greenwood questionmark led to a full tinker, as these things usually go.

Nyland, McCarthy

Justin, TAA, Bavies, KWP, Mitchell

Aubameyang, Salah, Fernandes, Armstrong, ASM,

Werner, Mitrovic, Davis.

Fernandes on the bench ready to come in for GW2. Gives me flexibility with my transfer, can move to KDB or bank and do a more substantial 2 or 3 transfers the following week.

Not convinced on Salah as I said before, and think Firmino could still be the best way into Liverpool attacking wise, but it's a costly early risk should I go wrong, and it's harder to move from Firmino to a 10+ midfielder, than it is to move out of Salah.

Alli disappears completely, he was only there for one week anyway. Dont think there are too many better ways to get one of Fernandes or KDB onto a team in week 1 and still have a reasonably competitive GW1 team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

McCarthy Nyland
    Robertson Digne Davies James Struijk
    Auba Salah ASM JWP Reed
    Werner Jimenez Wood

Keepers - Not sure on this yet. McCarthy could become Ryan or Johnstone. Will Nyland start over Steer?

Defenders - Had TAA in here all along until today. Decided to downgrade to Robertson to get Digne in. Davies should be nailed on. Not sure on James yet. Struijk will be 3rd sub but should start initially anyway.

Midfield - Will likely swap Auba for KdB in GW3. ASM or JWP could become Pereira yet. Reed should be a playing 2nd sub.

Forwards - Werner's high ownership means he's close to a must have for GW1 I think. Going forward he might be downgraded & the funds used to bring in Havertz in midfield. Jimenez has good fixtures for 3 of the first 4 gameweeks. Wood will be a captaincy option for GW2 I think.

Happy enough with that for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Any inout here?

• Advertisement

McCarthy Nyland
    Robertson Digne Davies James Struijk
    Auba Salah ASM JWP Reed
    Werner Jimenez Wood

Keepers - Not sure on this yet. McCarthy could become Ryan or Johnstone. Will Nyland start over Steer?

Defenders - Had TAA in here all along until today. Decided to downgrade to Robertson to get Digne in. Davies should be nailed on. Not sure on James yet. Struijk will be 3rd sub but should start initially anyway.

Midfield - Will likely swap Auba for KdB in GW3. ASM or JWP could become Pereira yet. Reed should be a playing 2nd sub.

Forwards - Werner's high ownership means he's close to a must have for GW1 I think. Going forward he might be downgraded & the funds used to bring in Havertz in midfield. Jimenez has good fixtures for 3 of the first 4 gameweeks. Wood will be a captaincy option for GW2 I think.

Happy enough with that for now.

Really like this team, James is probably the only one that’s dodge for starts and he could easily be made Shaw or Lindelof

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Any inout here?

Welcome to FSA, generally people type out their team, makes it easier for the commenter

I’d have KWP over Bednerak
    I’m not gone on the SU defence, I think without Hendo they won’t do as well. If you do want one Egan is better value IMO
    Lundstrum probably doesn’t start
    Brewster will block you bringing in Mane, Robbo or VVD if Liverpool start on fire, unless he actually goes out on loan I’d look somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Green&Red wrote: »
    Welcome to FSA, generally people type out their team, makes it easier for the commenter

I’d have KWP over Bednerak
    I’m not gone on the SU defence, I think without Hendo they won’t do as well. If you do want one Egan is better value IMO
    Lundstrum probably doesn’t start
    Brewster will block you bringing in Mane, Robbo or VVD if Liverpool start on fire, unless he actually goes out on loan I’d look somewhere else

Sorry my bad. Yeah on brewster my hope is he is loaned out this week and a cheap starter then. Ill look at SU players now cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Torn between Adams at 6.0 or Antonio for 6.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Torn between Adams at 6.0 or Antonio for 6.5m

West Ham have tough opening fixtures (after GW1) + seem to be in open revolt against the owners after Diangana was sold. How that will translate onto performances is anyone's guess.

Adams fixtures are slightly more favourable and RH seems to have gotten his team into a good place. You'd expect all of Ings, Adams, JWP & Armstrong to get returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Draft no.726 (I have a habit of being stupid and overthinking all things fantasy football)

McCarthy
    Robinson, Stephens, Doherty

Mane, dendocker, st maximin, Pepe

Firmino, lacazette, Ings

Bench: ake, sessengon, lundstram, Ryan (gk)

I could switch from double Southampton to double spurs or I could scrap it all and move to draft no 727 - or go to a template team and wildcard after week1

Draft no.726 (I have a habit of being stupid and overthinking all things fantasy football)

McCarthy
    Robinson, Stephens, Doherty

Mane, dendocker, st maximin, Pepe

Firmino, lacazette, Ings

Bench: ake, sessengon, lundstram, Ryan (gk)

I could switch from double Southampton to double spurs or I could scrap it all and move to draft no 727 - or go to a template team and wildcard after week1

Ok. No offense but this could do with a lot of improvement so I'll break it down into GK, DEF, MID, ATT.

GK
    • This is the area where you don't need much improvement. 2 x 4.5m keepers is a fine way to go and you can rotate them depending on fixtures. I am going with a 4.5 and a 4.0 myself but there's arguments to be made for and against spending the .5 on the peace of mind and the rotation.

DEF
    • Is the Robinson the new Fulham signing or did you mean to write Robertson? Just a strange choice, and if it's Robinson then get rid.
    • You have to have Alexander Arnold. If he has a good week then you fall behind everybody because everybody has him. And he is going to have a lot of good weeks.
    • If that's Jack Stephens then swap for Kyle Walker Peters, cheaper. If thats Enda Stevens then swap for John Egan, cheaper.
    • Regardless of whether thats Steven or Ryan Sessegnon, they should be miles away from your team.
    • Doherty a fine pick, personally have moved away from him after watching him in a back four for Ireland twice but I think he should still score very well.
    • Ake is not nailed and overpriced.

MID
    • Mane over Salah is down to preference so that's fine.
    • Dendonker is not nailed. Need a guaranteed starter in there.
    • ASM is a good 5.5 pick who will have a better striker to play off.
    • Pepe is not a good pick. Massively overpriced given he is such a rotation risk with Willian and Saka both with potential to start ahead of him.
    • Lundstram is not nailed.

FOR
    • I like the Firmino pick as I have said before. Just worry if it locks you out of bringing in KDB or Fernandes as you'll have to make 2 transfers to bring one of them in.
    • Lacazette is not a good pick. Not nailed, not on penalties.
    • Ings is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

It was meant to be Robertson (Liv) ... Phone must have corrected it.... I know everyone is saying TAA is a must but Robertson is just as good for knocking the ball in, granted not as good for free kicks etc.

Stephens is the Southampton one, figured palace are weakened with injuries at the back, it's possible/probable that their midfield will be a bit more defensive due to needing to ensure cover.

Thanks for the input around the rest of the team also.

It was meant to be Robertson (Liv) ... Phone must have corrected it.... I know everyone is saying TAA is a must but Robertson is just as good for knocking the ball in, granted not as good for free kicks etc.

Stephens is the Southampton one, figured palace are weakened with injuries at the back, it's possible/probable that their midfield will be a bit more defensive due to needing to ensure cover.

Thanks for the input around the rest of the team also.

It is true that Robertson likes to whip in a cross, as seen in the Community Shield. However TAA on set pieces is a huge differential between the two, and the fact that anybody in the community who takes FF seriously will have Alexander Arnold means that if he performs you are falling behind half the player base. If you want to have Robertson you need to have him as well as TAA.

I don't mind a Southampton defender, I have one myself - I just don't see the sense in paying 0.5m more for Stephens over Kyle Walker Peters. That's the same CS returns you'd be getting off both and KWP may get you more assists being a full back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

No love for Cebellos at Arsenal for 5? Would expect him to start most games in the middle

• Advertisement

No love for Cebellos at Arsenal for 5? Would expect him to start most games in the middle

What's he getting you though - either 1, 2 or 3 points. Just 2 assists last season. You could take Bissouma for .5 less and get the same returns. Soucek has the chance of getting goals for the same price, albeit in a (likely) sinking ship. At 5.5 you have lads who are going to chip in with goals such as Armstrong and ASM.

In my view Bissouma and Soucek are the only options below 5.5m right now. Maybe someone from one of the promoted teams will turn out to be a bargain at 4.5 or 5, but Cebellos isn't worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

First time player here and wondering whats the deal with player values fluctuating? Is there a max they can fluctuate in a single week? Be good to know an example of what a 12.0 can rise/fall to off the back of form or poor points returns.

Also is it typically a mistake to spend the entire 100m? Like many others want KdB from GW2 likely selling Auba to get him. But can fluctuations happen so fast in a single week that this could get ruled out? Suppose Im trying to identify the importance of a contingency of maybe 1m or so.

Finally keen to research each teams penalty and free kick takers. Are there any good resources that list out these by team and identify things like defenders who take indirect frees thus more likely to get assists.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    First time player here and wondering whats the deal with player values fluctuating? Is there a max they can fluctuate in a single week? Be good to know an example of what a 12.0 can rise/fall to off the back of form or poor points returns.

Also is it typically a mistake to spend the entire 100m? Like many others want KdB from GW2 likely selling Auba to get him. But can fluctuations happen so fast in a single week that this could get ruled out? Suppose Im trying to identify the importance of a contingency of maybe 1m or so.

Finally keen to research each teams penalty and free kick takers. Are there any good resources that list out these by team and identify things like defenders who take indirect frees thus more likely to get assists.

A lot to answer there.

Other are better with the price fluctuations so they’ll chip in. I think it (the formula) changes every year and it’s not something I get caught up on. I think there was a maximum of a player going up or down by 0.3 in a single GW but even a double increment, of 0.1m, in 1 GW is not too common. It’s not as important as having the right players.

Worth pointing out to you that you need double rise to make profit. Example, you buy a player at 9.0m. He rises to 9.1m and you sell him you only get 9.0m for the sale. If he rises to 9.2m and you then sell him you get 9.1m. So you get half whatever his increase is from the price you bought him.

In reverse in works differently. You buy for 9.0m. Every price drop counts. He drops to 8.9m then that’s what you get.

That said I would normally not spend the full 100m for GW 1. Holding back 0.5m could be very valuable.

This site will be useful to you and this is their idea of set-piece takers

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/fantasy-premier-league-set-piece-takers/

Again I wouldn’t get too caught up on set-piece takers. It’s more relevant if you’re picking between Mane and Salah, for example, who are both the same price but Salah takes penalties so that may sway you.

Sorry. Just realised we are in the RMT thread.

This would have been better suited to the general thread.

If you go there you’ll get more response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

McCarthy, Steer

Doherty, Alexander-Arnold, Walker-Peters, Holding, Bernardo

St Maximin, Salah, Aubameyang, Saka, Gordon

Werner, Kane, Connolly

Thoughts on this for GW1? Will reassess and willing to use wildcard early on this year, particularly with a view to bringing in City and United players.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Latest draft: 1m in the bank

Ryan, Walton (4.0 Brighton sub keeper)
    TAA, Robbo, KWP, Ayling, (C. Taylor)
    Auba, Mane, Armstrong, Saint Max, (Greenwood)
    Werner, Adams, (Vassilev)

This will be 4,4,2 or 3,5,2 depending on the gw

GKs: Brighton double for 8.5m. I think they will be solid enough with Ben White coming into the fold and Potters second season.

Defence: The aim is to spend minimal transfers here.
    TAA and Robbo double up is great value in my book for set and forget long term unless Van Dyke or Alison suffer long term injuries. 14.5m for the bones of 400 points for the season.
    The 3 4.5s are the best picks at that price IMO (after Vinagre being linked with a potential transfer). Ayling with a tough start but I want him after that run and don't want to spend transfers on budget defenders so will just go with him from the start. I like some of the 5.0 options like Egan or Dier/Davies but decided to save the 0.5 for attack.

Midfield: Two premiums in Auba and Mane. Will switch Mane to Bruno in GW 2 and Auba to KDB for gw 3.
    The mid price point is on Greenwood at the moment. I will have to keep an eye on his status with the COVID breach situation so might switch to Alli for two gws. Longer term I want Pulisic or Havertz there.
    Armstrong and ASM are the budget options I like the most. I did have Soucek but because he's a doubt for gw 1 and that combined with his bad fixtures and Saint Max looking like a better pick with Newcastle strengthening theit attack with Wilson and Fraser, made my mind up to go with him over Soucek

Forwards: Werner is an easy pick, I really feel he's going to hit the ground running and be in contention for the golden boot. If not it's an easy switch to Martial or Ings/Jimi.
    Adams gets the nod for now. I'm looking at Wood, Antonia and DCL for that spot either but I think Adams is the safest bet to start with.
    Vassilev - 3rd sub fodder

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

DH2K9 wrote: »
    McCarthy, Steer

Werner, Kane, Connolly

Thoughts on this for GW1? Will reassess and willing to use wildcard early on this year, particularly with a view to bringing in City and United players.

That’s a solid first 11. Not sure on sakas minutes but he’s a good player so if he plays there’s a good chance of a return. Also not sure on minutes for Bernardo, Gordon or Connolly. How about downgrading Connolly to a 4.5 like Brewster and put 0.5 extra each onto Bernardo and Gordon to have starters on the bench?
    Or if you want a 4.5 Playing mid change Gordon to Harrison reed.

I’m keeping my wildcard unless I really need to use it due to potential uncertainty with COVID.

Re united and city, I’m starting off with greenwood (for now). Also have mane and auba starting off and planed the belowtransfers:
    Mane to Bruno for gw 2
    Auba to KDB for gw 3

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

DH2K9 wrote: »
    McCarthy, Steer

Werner, Kane, Connolly

I'd replace Holding and Bernardo, they're not guaranteed starters. Same with Connolly. Other than that, it's a decent team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

I think I'm going to start with Ceballos as the cheaper midfielder. He's a classy player, so although he might only deliver a regular 2 or 3 points, he does have the potential to do much better. I reckon he worth a punt as the enabler.

Soucek was the obvious 5 million midfielder, but with him a doubt for the first plum fixture, and possible value loss as highly owned and then jettisoned in the horrendous run of fixtures to follow, I think I'll move away from him to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭chris445

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The irony though is that Maguire will keep the arm band and probably start despite his conviction.

I think both will start GW2. I think Solskjaer will want to start the season with a win and try build momentum. United are a "streaky" kind of team at the moment so 1 win can lead to a run. It will be too soon for Van De Beek to step in and I just cant see Lingard/Pereira/Mata/James starting ahead of Greenwood. Maguire will definitely start and he does not have a conviction :)

Advertisement