Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Coybig_ wrote: »
    What's he getting you though - either 1, 2 or 3 points. Just 2 assists last season. You could take Bissouma for .5 less and get the same returns. Soucek has the chance of getting goals for the same price, albeit in a (likely) sinking ship. At 5.5 you have lads who are going to chip in with goals such as Armstrong and ASM.

In my view Bissouma and Soucek are the only options below 5.5m right now. Maybe someone from one of the promoted teams will turn out to be a bargain at 4.5 or 5, but Cebellos isn't worth it IMO.

I don't think that you can judge Ceballos on that. Arteta seems to have a better role for him the way he sets the team up so should be more influential this season. Torreira is likely to leave and Guendouzi is in the bad books so I'd expect Ceballos to get more game time this season. He also takes some set pieces.

Bissouma is a different type of player, not nailed on and doesn't have much scope for increased points, he didn't have any assists last season and his one goal is likely to remain a once a season thing, if even. If only looking to spend 4.5, I'd say Reed and Romeu are better picks, but that is a different question to someone with 5 to spend and considering Ceballos.

Soucek has plenty of potential pitfalls associated with him, if he works out then he has more points potential than Ceballos but that has to be balanced against the other factors around him (has Covid, crap fixtures, WH generally a mess, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Blud

What do you guys think of the below

Ryan / Walton

TAA / Coleman / KWP / Mitchell / Struijk

Aubameyang / Salah / ASM / Havertz / Reed

Werner / Antonio / Fabio Silva

2.5m in bank, plan for transfers is GW1 Werner to Martial, GW2 Havertz to KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Blud wrote: »

Ryan / Walton

Coleman might not be nailed as Kenny is back

Fabio Silva is too big a risk

You are going to likely have Reed playing every week.

Move Coleman down and either upgrade F.Silva or upgrade one of the 4.0 defs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭macraignil

Blud wrote: »

Ryan / Walton

I dropped Mitchell from my squad when I saw that van Aanholt is back in training. He may not be a starter for very long this season and Strujik also only registered 5 league appearances last season for Leeds (according to Wikipedia) so I would be unsure about him having much game time this season. Not a Leeds supporter so if anyone could confirm he has a good chance of getting a run of games I would be considering him as well.

I don't like a lot of Antonnio's early fixtures and there is talk West Ham are a bit unsettled.

The other selections I think could be good and the team is strong overall but I would prefer to have a couple more players in with premier league experience. I would not be surprised if Havertz and Silva were only brought on as substitutes or played less than 90minutes for their first few games.

I also have Reed as my bench fodder midfielder but am struggling to find another 4.5mill midfielder that could get some emergency points if needed. Stephens from Brighton seems the most selected but I thought he was likely to loose his place to Bissouma. Currently on Riedewald of Crystal Palace but it looks like I'm making a selection there that is not very popular and maybe a Crystal Palace supporter could let me know if he is likely to keep his place. Are there any other 4.5mill. midfielders worth considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭chris445

Martinez, Nyland
    VVD, KWP, Vinagre, Justin (Johnson)
    Salah, Auba, Son, Soucek (Greenwood)
    Werner, Mitrovic, (Brewster)

Very early draft. At the moment I am not happy with defence and Brewster.
    Keeper could change to another 4.5 and maybe Saliba into the back line for Arsenal cover if he looks like being a starter with injuries.
    Big omission is TAA, I am thinking at least cover his CS returns with VVD. Obviously a big miss if he hits the attacking returns of last 2 years but I'm also wondering a bit about rotation for him with perhaps Gomez and Matip central after Klopps comments a few weeks ago about him and Robbo needing rest time. Its very likely I will realise before GW1 that this is wishful thinking and will get him in somehow.

Vinagre is a doubt for me now too with Wolves making a few new signings.
    Concerned about game time for Justin - This may be another reason to change Justin/Martinez to Ryan/Saliba. Johnson I think will be the 4.0 nailed on for the season but not expecting many points from him.

In midfield the hope is Soucek will be Moyes' new Everton Fellaini. Think he will prove to be a bargain at 5.0.
    Son changes to Fernandez GW2 and GW3 city coverage in for salah/Auba depending on form/fixtures.
    I don't normally like planning 2 transfers in advance but think the blanks force the hand a bit on that.
    Greenwood is there at the moment as I think he is good value but he would likely be the one downgraded if money is needed for tinkering.

I'm happy with Werner choice. Will keep an eye on Chelsea's form and bedding in of new players but he will be their focal point. Mitrovioc/Adams is the conundrum for second striker. Brewster is fodder with the hope of a possible loan move. If loan looks unlikely I will get Davis off Villa as he may get some minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

macraignil wrote: »
    I also have Reed as my bench fodder midfielder but am struggling to find another 4.5mill midfielder that could get some emergency points if needed. Stephens from Brighton seems the most selected but I thought he was likely to loose his place to Bissouma. Currently on Riedewald of Crystal Palace but it looks like I'm making a selection there that is not very popular and maybe a Crystal Palace supporter could let me know if he is likely to keep his place. Are there any other 4.5mill. midfielders worth considering?

I currently have Romeu(Sou) as my 4.5 midfielder. Looks like a definite starter
    Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I don't think that you can judge Ceballos on that. Arteta seems to have a better role for him the way he sets the team up so should be more influential this season. Torreira is likely to leave and Guendouzi is in the bad books so I'd expect Ceballos to get more game time this season. He also takes some set pieces.

Bissouma is a different type of player, not nailed on and doesn't have much scope for increased points, he didn't have any assists last season and his one goal is likely to remain a once a season thing, if even. If only looking to spend 4.5, I'd say Reed and Romeu are better picks, but that is a different question to someone with 5 to spend and considering Ceballos.

Soucek has plenty of potential pitfalls associated with him, if he works out then he has more points potential than Ceballos but that has to be balanced against the other factors around him (has Covid, crap fixtures, WH generally a mess, etc.).

As a Arsenal fan, the problem with Ceballos is he generally assists the assister. He will be an important player for Arsenal this season but not the best in terms of fantasy football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

chris445 wrote: »
    Maguire will definitely start and he does not have a conviction :)

Has his appeal been heard and successful? Last time I heard, if you are convicted of a crime, you have a conviction until/unless it's overturned by a superior court.

Apologies if that comment would be more suited to a different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Hello all,

Would love a bit of advice on this, am totally lost this season especially with the first week fixtures. Was going to double up on Brighton keepers and just stick with them for the season. Rotated two cheapies last season and got it wrong more often than not!

Will bring probably bring in KDB and Fernandes for Mane and Auba in weeks two and three.

Feel free to annihilate this team.....

Ryan (Walton)
    TAA Egan Doherty (KWP, Dara O'Shea)
    Mane Auba Dale Stephens Saint-Maximin Traore
    Firmino Werner (Keinan Davis)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Hello all,

Would love a bit of advice on this, am totally lost this season especially with the first week fixtures. Was going to double up on Brighton keepers and just stick with them for the season. Rotated two cheapies last season and got it wrong more often than not!

Will bring probably bring in KDB and Fernandes for Mane and Auba in weeks two and three.

Ryan (Walton)

Think that looks really solid.

Traore might play at RWB a bit more this season, just to keep in mind.

Also it could be difficult to bring in both KDB and Fernandes with two premium strikers, which is why I moved away from Firmino. But then again he could get similar returns to Salah or Mane and be a huge differential. And you could always go Firmino to Martial and Auba to KDB.

But I really like the team as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donegalroyal

Any thoughts on my team below.

Martinez (McCarthy)

Tierney, TAA, KWP (Wan Bissaka, Mitchell)

Auba, Ziyech, ASM, Son (Gordon)

Kane, Ings, Mitrovic

Worked well for me last year rotating the keepers so hoping this works again.

Hoping for a good few clean sheets from arsenal, utd and Liverpool and feel the defence can provide their fair share of assists.

Have messed around a lot with midfield. Good possibility of switching from Auba and ziyech to a combo of KDB/fernandes and Mahrez/Greenwood after GW2.

Have gone for Kane as well as Son as I like spurs opening fixtures. Hoping Mitrovic can weigh in with a few and Ings to continue last year's form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Not sure how but I think I've come up with a draft and 2.5 itb that I'm happy with

Johnstone button

Thought I was going to be ahead of the game with johnstone reckon Billic knows enough about the league now that he wont let them be too open and he is a decent shot stopper to boot

James taa robertson kwp Mitchell

Happy enough to go with double pool defence they play like wingers anyway and robbo could be bonus points as every man and his dog will have taa. Chelsea's system intrigues me hoping they have 3 cbs with james being given licence to go forward but if 4 at the back could be in trouble with azpi. Kwp a solid 4.5 when needed and Mitchell hopefully be a playing 4.0

Auba soucek Pereira ziyech Greenwood

Rather than taking the coin toss on mane/salah I'll take auba who should be the heart of alot of arsenals good stuff this year. Happy to punt on pereira on set pieces and from what i seen of him he looks their best player. Ziyech has been with chelsea a while at this stage and doesn't look to have as much competition for places as others. Soucek even with bad fixtures is a serious set piece threat and got forward really well beside rice. Greenwood I will want going forward with rashford injured

Mitro kane nketiah

Mitro will have to score well for fulham to have any chance of staying up there arent much goals elsewhere in the team parker got a bit of experience when they went down think they could do ok. Kane gives me freedom to jump to another striker if they start well and again he is the focal point for spurs. Nketiah may be flying under the radar looks to be ahead of lacazette at this stage and there are goals in that team.

Any flaws or opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Iv gone

McCarthy

Robbo, Tirney, Egan, Mitchell

PEA , Romeu , Traore, Saka, Salah

Werner

Subs, de Gea ,Martial, Lindelöf , (3 United lads will come in next week, )Brewster (hoping he gets a move somewhere he starts )

Any thoughts on my team below.

Martinez (McCarthy)

Tierney, TAA, KWP (Wan Bissaka, Mitchell)

Auba, Ziyech, ASM, Son (Gordon)

Kane, Ings, Mitrovic

Worked well for me last year rotating the keepers so hoping this works again.

Hoping for a good few clean sheets from arsenal, utd and Liverpool and feel the defence can provide their fair share of assists.

Have messed around a lot with midfield. Good possibility of switching from Auba and ziyech to a combo of KDB/fernandes and Mahrez/Greenwood after GW2.

Have gone for Kane as well as Son as I like spurs opening fixtures. Hoping Mitrovic can weigh in with a few and Ings to continue last year's form.

I had Tierney in my original draft, but then he started in a back 3 in the community league and Arsenals fixtures are bad after GW2 so might be a transfer you need to make after that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lost count on draft pick:

Johnstone (Button)

TAA Robertson Coleman (KWP, Johnson)

Aubam (c) Son Ziyech Keita (ASM)

Werner Richy Adams

—————-

In a nutshell Salah, Antonio & Justin for Ziyech, Robertson, Richarlison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    That’s a solid first 11. Not sure on sakas minutes but he’s a good player so if he plays there’s a good chance of a return. Also not sure on minutes for Bernardo, Gordon or Connolly. How about downgrading Connolly to a 4.5 like Brewster and put 0.5 extra each onto Bernardo and Gordon to have starters on the bench?
    Or if you want a 4.5 Playing mid change Gordon to Harrison reed.

I’m keeping my wildcard unless I really need to use it due to potential uncertainty with COVID.

Re united and city, I’m starting off with greenwood (for now). Also have mane and auba starting off and planed the belowtransfers:
    Mane to Bruno for gw 2
    Auba to KDB for gw 3
    I'd replace Holding and Bernardo, they're not guaranteed starters. Same with Connolly. Other than that, it's a decent team.

Thanks for the feedback lads. Already made several changes.

Adams for Connolly (Has been starting alongside Ings in pre-season £6.0m)
    Bellerin for Holding (If he stays could be value at £5.0m)
    Davies for Doherty (Davies only £5.0m compared to Doherty's £6.0m)
    Struijk for Bernardo (£4.0m Leeds defender between him and Douglas)

Can't wait for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Any glaring issues?

McCarthy (Nyland)

TAA, Hegazi, VVD (Pieters, Struijk)

Son, Auba, Salah, Ceballos (St Maxim)

Mitrovic, Ings, C.Wilson

Cellabos isn't really a FPL player who will get you consistent or many points

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Cellabos isn't really a FPL player who will get you consistent or many points

But who is at that price? Soucek yes, he's potentially a higher reward but also higher risk option. Certainly not Bissouma anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

But who is at that price? Soucek yes, he's potentially a higher reward but also higher risk option. Certainly not Bissouma anyway.

I'd have Soucek as more guaranteed to get you 2 points than Ceballos. For me Soucek is higher reward and less risk

(granted he has Coronavirus so unlikely to play GW1)

The person has st maxiam on the bench actually so maybe just punting celbalos for week 1.

Like I guess he is fine as a 5th mid but you wouldn't want to be starting him most weeks better to rejig the team if that's the case imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Well lads just starting too make my team and here’s where I’m at currently. I haven’t looked long term as I’ll probably wildcard once things settle down a bit

Martinez McCarthy

TAA KWP Vinagre Dallas Brathwaith
    Salah PEA Cairney ASM Greenwood
    Kane Ings Brewster

0 itb not sold on 3 of the defenders think I’ll have too look again at Vinagre Dallas and Brathwaith and Cairney @5.5 is probably too much for my 5th mid also

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hello all,

Ryan (Walton)

Strong defence but think midfield is a bit weak. Not a fan of Firmino at 9.5. You could gets Ings/Jimi for a million less or the likes of Adams even and use the funds to upgrade one of the mids.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Will James start for Chelsea ?

Will James start for Chelsea ?

I reckon so, I think Lampard preferred to play Alonso as a wing back when he played him, so that usally meant azpi to into the back 3 and James other wing back.

Back four should see, Azpi left back and James right back. Until Chiwell is back.

Thats my best guess tbh who knows with all the signings they have made though he is currently in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

McCarthy (Ryan)
    TAA Vinagre Salisu (Struijk Holgate (yellow inj))
    Auba Son Mane Saka (Reed)
    Werner DCL Mitrovic

Plan to draft in one of the United big hitters in GW2, and trying to figure out where I could bring in a KDB or Sterling, if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm posting this more to have a Version 1 team that I can then tweak..have to start somewhere! Would still appreciate input though:

Keepers: Johnstone and Button. I think either two playing keepers or the actual sub for your starter is needed this year. I don't want to be keeperless because of a Covid Test.

Defenders: TAA (d'uh!), Davies (could be Dier), Egan (fancy SHU to be tight again), Walker Peters and Mitchell (hes fodder)

Midfielders: Salah, Aubameyang, Ward Prowse, Saint Maximam, Bissouma(or other 4.5)

Forwards: Kane (a gamble but fixtures good), Martial (my GW2 captain - no game Wk1), Mitrovic

Picking Martial with no GW1 game is a gamble. I don't want to have my GW2 transfer committed in advance.

All comments welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm posting this more to have a Version 1 team that I can then tweak..have to start somewhere! Would still appreciate input though:

Keepers: Johnstone and Button. I think either two playing keepers or the actual sub for your starter is needed this year. I don't want to be keeperless because of a Covid Test.

Defenders: TAA (d'uh!), Davies (could be Dier), Egan (fancy SHU to be tight again), Walker Peters and Mitchell (hes fodder)

Midfielders: Salah, Aubameyang, Ward Prowse, Saint Maximam, Bissouma(or other 4.5)

Forwards: Kane (a gamble but fixtures good), Martial (my GW2 captain - no game Wk1), Mitrovic

Picking Martial with no GW1 game is a gamble. I don't want to have my GW2 transfer committed in advance.

All comments welcome.

I like the Kane pick but then I would, I have him also

I think anyone who can bank a united player GW1 will do well on TV

Have both ASM and Wilson in my current draft, this will end in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Have both ASM and Wilson in my current draft, this will end in tears.

Not sure about that double up Newcastle have been awful in preseason.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Not sure about that double up Newcastle have been awful in preseason.

Yeah I'll probably end up picking one, probably Wilson. And go with Armstrong as the 5.5.

Advertisement