Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ryan / McCarthy

Justin Tierney Vinagre / Ayling Johnson
    Auba KDB Maddison Havertz Saka
    Werner Jimenez / Austin

For week 1 will sub out Maddison & Havertz.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Ryan / McCarthy

Justin Tierney Vinagre / Ayling Johnson
    Auba KDB Maddison Havertz Saka
    Werner Jimenez / Austin

For week 1 will sub out Maddison & Havertz.

I dunno if Vinagre will get his game with Marcal coming in? Big rumours he'll be sold this window

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Son over Alli. No contest.

Agree, but is it worth no Robbo or Shaw to a 4.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I dunno if Vinagre will get his game with Marcal coming in? Big rumours he'll be sold this window

Yeah if it looks like Marcal will be the starter then Vinagre will have to go. I'm hoping it is more a case of Marcal being the experienced backup until Jonny is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Any thoughts, suggestions or criticism’s welcome!

Much tinkering going on and the team would look completely different if United, City and Burnley were playing in gw1, but for now this is what I’ve come up with

Mccarthy
    Ryan

Taa
    Vvd
    Vinagre
    Taylor
    4.m

Salah
    Auba
    Son
    Asm
    Romeu or other 4.5

Werner
    Mitrovic
    Bamford

Gk Fairly set with these, might consider dropping one for a 4.m keeper

Def Really considered Robertson, but think Taa is essential and he’s going to be in practically every team. Vvd gets the nod over Robertson, frees up .5, plays every game, and in the last 2 seasons has scored only 8pts less than Robertson.

Mid Son may yet become Havertz, freeing up .5.
    Had considered Soucek and Saka, but for now think Asm might be the better option for the first few weeks.
    Midfield will most likely look very different 2 or 3 weeks in, could very likely be Kdb, Fernandes, Pulisic and Greenwood in midfield.

Fwd Werner should do well, if not, he’s an easy switch to Jimi or Martial.
    Still hoping Brewster gets loaned out or transferred before the weekend, he’d go straight into the squad instead of Bamford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I'm torn on Liverpool double defence, I've had them in some drafts and left TAA just in others. I think it's a great idea, I'm just not sold in the opening GW's.

The one thing to consider is while their fixture mightn't be great - i don't think they are terrible, but regardless of that if you plan on double pool defense at some point - might as well set it up when you have unlimited transfers and the money, - who knows what the landscape of teams be like by GW4 - and finding that extra 3m+ might not be as easy as you would hoped. Baring injuries you'd probably classify them in the set and forget part of your squad - along with keepers.

Agree, but is it worth no Robbo or Shaw to a 4.0?

Tough call. Really can’t help with that.

I just know I’d rather have Son over Alli to the point I think I’d rather go without Alli if I couldn’t get Son.

So Son or nothing for me.

These are the decisions that are really hard when you’re 1-2 steps away from a final team. I don’t envy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So far:

Ryan - Pope
    Robertson TAA Doherty Williams Strujik
    KDB Mane Sake Noble Livermore
    Werner Nketiah Maupay

Anything wildly wrong ?

Much tinkering going on and the team would look completely different if United, City and Burnley were playing in gw1, but for now this is what I’ve come up with

Mccarthy
    Ryan

Taa
    Vvd
    Vinagre
    Taylor
    4.m

Salah
    Auba
    Son
    Asm
    Romeu or other 4.5

Werner
    Mitrovic
    Bamford

Def Really considered Robertson, but think Taa is essential and he’s going to be in practically every team. Vvd gets the nod over Robertson, frees up .5, plays every game, and in the last 2 seasons has scored only 8pts less than Robertson.

Had considered Soucek and Saka, but for now think Asm might be the better option for the first few weeks.
    Midfield will most likely look very different 2 or 3 weeks in, could very likely be Kdb, Fernandes, Pulisic and Greenwood in midfield.

Still hoping Brewster gets loaned out or transferred before the weekend, he’d go straight into the squad instead of Bamford

Some great teams on here now.

Looks very good to me.

Think there’s probably too much doubt about Vinagre to go with him now but then again I’d be surprised not to see him start initially anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The one thing to consider is while their fixture mightn't be great - i don't think they are terrible, but regardless of that if you plan on double pool defense at some point - might as well set it up when you have unlimited transfers and the money, - who knows what the landscape of teams be like by GW4 - and finding that extra 3m+ might not be as easy as you would hoped. Baring injuries you'd probably classify them in the set and forget part of your squad - along with keepers.

Yep, you're absolutely spot on. I had posted a draft here a couple days ago saying about the 2 of them
    TAA and Robertson represent great value IMO, possible CS's and more potential to get goals/assists than the majority in their price bracket. May keep them in for the season.

Once I started tinkering around, I found I really wanted Ings over Adams and found the extra 2.5 in downgrading Robertson to a 4.5.

So my real dilemma is already owning TAA but then:

A) Robertson & Adams
    B) 4.5 DF & Ings

Sticking with the latter at the moment but certainly open to suggestions!

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    So far:

Ryan - Pope
    Robertson TAA Doherty Williams Strujik
    KDB Mane Sake Noble Livermore
    Werner Nketiah Maupay

Anything wildly wrong ?

Don’t mean to be critical, but think you need to give your team an overhaul.
    Think you have overspent on goalkeepers, I’d be looking for it to be 9 or 9.5 max between the 2.
    Midfield looks weak, I’d downgrade one of Doherty or Robertson to improve there.
    Maupay wouldn’t be an option for me, think there are better picks for similar price range.
    Saka, Nketiah and Williams are all decent players but all 3 are far from certain to start week in week out. Williams won’t start ahead of Shaw, I’d get rid of him and maybe keep one of Saka or Nketiah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Tough call. Really can’t help with that.

I just know I’d rather have Son over Alli to the point I think I’d rather go without Alli if I couldn’t get Son.

So Son or nothing for me.

These are the decisions that are really hard when you’re 1-2 steps away from a final team. I don’t envy you.

I'm on Alli currently. Gut feeling thing really.

Think he could do well in first full season under Jose and when playing with Kane hes often practically a second striker.

So Alli +1m for me currently is attractive

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

WD_Raceway wrote: »
    Came 7496 last year so pressure on this year to try and match it.

I am bit lost though seems a lot harder to find a team.

Draft no7 (i think) at the minute is

Martinez McCarthy

TAA, VVD, Doherty, .....Bernardo, Douglas

Mane, Auba, Saint-M, Pereira, .....Stephens

Ings, Jimi, Mitro

Draft 101

Ryan ........Walton
    TAA, Justin, KWP.........Lewis, Douglas
    Mane, Auba, Zaha, ASM..........Bissouma
    Werner, Ings, Mitro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Must be on draft #200 at this stage. But any feedback appreciated:

Johnstone
    Robertson Davies KWP
    Salah PEA Zaha Soucek
    Kane Werner Mitro

Button Justin Mitchell Romeu

Possibly overspent on FWs now. Zaha? I know, but he's been playing up front in pre-season and not sure I fancy ASM/Pereira or any other sub 7m mids.

Not sure on Soucek either. But no decent sub 5m mids.
    Could downgrade Mitro but I think he's fun to own and against a weakened Arsenal defence I think he'll do well.

WD_Raceway wrote: »
    Draft 101

Ryan ........Walton
    TAA, Justin, KWP.........Lewis, Douglas
    Mane, Auba, Zaha, ASM..........Bissouma
    Werner, Ings, Mitro

Looks good, the only change I’d consider might be downgrading Ings to upgrade Zaha, that’s probably based more on Zaha being hopeless for me any time I had him in my team than anything else.

Is Douglas certain of a starting place? A 4m defender who is guaranteed starter would be great... asking for a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

McCarthy (Nyland)

TAA - Robbo - Justin - Laschelles - (KWP)

Salah - Auba - Saka - (Reed) - (Greenwood)

Werner - Mitro - Antonio

Kind of skeptical about the front 3, could be a great haul or a disaster

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Looks good, the only change I’d consider might be downgrading Ings to upgrade Zaha, that’s probably based more on Zaha being hopeless for me any time I had him in my team than anything else.

Is Douglas certain of a starting place? A 4m defender who is guaranteed starter would be great... asking for a friend

Zaha has been hopeless any time I had him too actually LOL
    He been playing as striker again in preseason so might be worth a shot.

Not sure on Douglas tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Which Taylor is it popping up in most teams in the back line?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

For my sins, I find myself stalking the Leeds United forums looking for some inside info. Latest I found on the MOTforum.
    Bielsa must choose between the experience of Casilla or the youth of Meslier between the sticks. The Spaniard was highly tipped to leave in the Summer, but if this were the case why would have started both pre season friendlies with Casilla in goal?

It is expected that German International Robin Koch will start alongside Liam Cooper with Ayling at right back and Douglas at left back.

Phillips suffered no ill effects after the England game, and will sit in front of the defence!

Klich and Hernandez look set to occupy central midfield with Costa and Harrison out wide and Bamford as lone striker.

We can expect to see marquee signing Rodrigo make an appearance at some point at Anfield.

Douglas at 4.0 might be worth a punt. Will keep an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Current team:

Schmeichel....Steer
    TAA, Azpilicueta, Justin....4.0 x 2
    Salah, Auba, ASM, Zaha....Burke
    Ings, Jimenez, Antonio

• Advertisement

Which Taylor is it popping up in most teams in the back line?

Charlie. Burnley.

Noticed last night I had Neil of Villa sitting in my team by mistake as kits are similar on FFM app. Could very easily have not noticed that till after GW1 deadline. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Son for me. Nailed too.

Havertz no guarantee to start GW1. New to the Prem, I think he'll be class but might take a bit of settling in.

Havertz is more likely to start if Ziyech and Pulisic are out.

I am 50/50 whether to chance it with Havertz or start with Saka/ASM instead and keep money in bank.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

bmorrissey wrote: »
    McCarthy (Nyland)

TAA - Robbo - Justin - Laschelles - (KWP)

Salah - Auba - Saka - (Reed) - (Greenwood)

Werner - Mitro - Antonio

Kind of skeptical about the front 3, could be a great haul or a disaster

I have gone off Greenwood will OGS punish him by benching him?
    The rest look ok for your strategy. Front three will be fun anyway!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I know I have invested too much in defence but that is what saved my bacon last season.

I'm concerned by the amount of cheapies in midfield and upfront, so any opinions welcomed.

Ryan - Pope
    Doherty - van Dijk - Lascelles - Tarkowski - Webster
    Auba - KDB - Jorginho - Lundstram - Traore
    Wilson - Ings - Abraham

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

FHFC wrote: »
    Charlie. Burnley.

Noticed last night I had Neil of Villa sitting in my team by mistake as kits are similar on FFM app. Could very easily have not noticed that till after GW1 deadline. :D

Is Taylor favoured over Pieters for the same price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I have gone off Greenwood will OGS punish him by benching him?
    The rest look ok for your strategy. Front three will be fun anyway!

Hmmm, hopefully all of that will have blown over and forgotten about by next week. I just want to have some cover to avoid a -4 next week and have a man city and man utd player on the team for GW2 (assuming i go auba to KDB)

Is Taylor favoured over Pieters for the same price?

Im not any way an expert but that seems to be the informed opinion.

Pieters more of a utility player who covered on full back and on wing. As far as I can see from twitter etc Taylor preferred when fit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

Very good teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Of all the teams posted - i must be the only one considering Vardy :o

Currently sitting on

Johnstone, Button
    TAA, Robbo, Taylor, Douglas, Mitchell
    Auba, Son, JWP, Reed, Stephens
    Vardy, Kane, Antonio

GK: set and forget really - unless West Brom are like Norwich were.
    DF: TAA, Robbo and Taylor set and forget hopefully - talk of Douglas being a playing 4.0m player so he's there - and Mitchell because he saves money
    MF: Auba - oop and highly owned against Fulham be mad to go without i think.
    Son - first 8 games for spurs look great on paper - hence doubled up with Kane - can revise that after few games if needs be - upgrade for Bruno for instance.
    JWP - on all set pieces and 6m seem value
    Reed - read that he should start, and Stephens is there as back up 1 pointer

FW:
    Kane as above - first 8 games are really good on paper for spurs - and they'll want to start well - if mistake - can get any striker
    Vardy - first couple of games aren't the worse - again easy to put right if needs be
    Antonio could do well first few games - on paper Arsenal might seem hard, but their defense is full of injuries. I might switch to Wilson though - not sold on that.

Ings/Jimenez are solid players so keeping an eye on them going forward.

It may seem a lot of money up front, but not having Salah/Mane just gives that extra flexibility - and free's up the extra pool space - if for instance Bobby takes to scoring goals - he might be better option than Salah/Mane.

I might also switch Taylor out in case Douglas doesn't start - but will keep an eye on that.

Holding a bit back in cash, to figure out plan going forward after GW1 - a lot of unknowns with the new Chelsea lads - will they start GW1, are they 90 mins players - or going to share time - a lot of players in the Chelsea squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mccarthy
    Ryan

Taa
    Vvd
    Vinagre
    Taylor
    4.m

Salah
    Auba
    Son
    Asm
    Romeu or other 4.5

Werner
    Mitrovic
    Bamford

I can never decide if I love or hate the Bamford pick.

Playing in a good attacking team, who as my Leeds supporting friend says created so much chances the last year.

The problem is he missed most of those chances!

Advertisement