Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

Ryan - Pope Doherty - van Dijk - Lascelles - Tarkowski - Webster Auba - KDB - Jorginho - Lundstram - Traore Wilson - Ings - Abraham

Abraham will have lost his place to Werner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

bmorrissey wrote: »
    McCarthy (Nyland)

TAA - Robbo - Justin - Laschelles - (KWP)

Salah - Auba - Saka - (Reed) - (Greenwood)

Werner - Mitro - Antonio

Kind of skeptical about the front 3, could be a great haul or a disaster

Really really like that team :)

As you say a few punts so could go either way.

Newcastle have a great fun of fixtures - and Lascalles at .5 less than Fernandez seems underpriced.

My bigger worry with United is that they will continue to be really blunt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I can never decide if I love or hate the Bamford pick.

Playing in a good attacking team, who as my Leeds supporting friend says created so much chances the last year.

The problem is he missed most of those chances!

I’m not crazy on it myself, but the options for 5.5 or less aren’t great, couldn’t see anyone else that looks a better option and I don’t intend to start him. Brewster at 4.5 is the only forward in that price bracket that could be real value if he gets a move away from Anfield

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Think I’m down to a pool of 20 players now:

Johnstone (Button)

TAA Robbo KWP (Kilman, Douglas)

Auba Son Ward-Prose St-Maxim (Reed)

Werner Vardy Richarlison

———————————

Thing I like most about this team is the layout of the funds, it allows me to jump between bandwagons very quickly without having to risk other bandwagons...

For example, if Werner starts well and then I want Martial... I can jump relatively easy there without replacing Werner.

Basically leaving myself with a couple of options to switch between

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »

Johnstone (Button)

Werner Vardy Richarlison

———————————

Thing I like most about this team is the layout of the funds, it allows me to jump between bandwagons very quickly without having to risk other bandwagons...

For example, if Werner starts well and then I want Martial... I can jump relatively easy there without replacing Werner.

Very similar structure as my team - as you say can jump around a little easier if needs be

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »

Johnstone (Button)

Werner Vardy Richarlison

———————————

Those Salah-less teams do look great :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Just going to say that.

Getting rid of Salah is starting to look a lot more attractive.

Allows double Liverpool defence and upgrade elsewhere, or keep some money ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Current Line up is

McCarthy (Ryan)

TAA, Doherty Justin (Taylor Mitchell)

Auba, Salah, Mount, Saint Maximin (Smallbone)

Mitrovic Ings Jimenez

Have 0.5 in the bank

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Just going to say that.

Getting rid of Salah is starting to look a lot more attractive.

Allows double Liverpool defence and upgrade elsewhere, or keep some money ITB

That is my plan long term.

Its not missing Salah thats the problem, its not having two "premium" midfielders. could be hard to get back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

That is my plan long term.

Its not missing Salah thats the problem, its not having two "premium" midfielders. could be hard to get back there.

What value are you putting on premium midfielders. 10m and over? or would you class the likes of Son/Havertz etc. as premium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Johnstone/Button

TAA/Roberston/KWP (Douglas/Burr)

PEA/Salah/M Pereira/ASM/Reed

Werner/Adams (Martial)

Thoughts welcomed.

I had Hazertz in but decided yesterday to drop him & Werner and get H Kane instead, but went against Kane after seeing him for England last night.

I'm tempted to leave Werner out and hope he doesn't score to look for an edge but nobody is screaming out to me.

If I knew who Pep is going to start up front I'd try / will try to get them in.

I'd love to try to get Mahrez in later too I think he'll be brilliant his year.

for now obviously Martial in for Reed in WK2 and most likely transfer KDB in for Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭FantasyFool

Hi All,

Following this thread last few years and have decided to take the plunge and join Boards.

What do ye make of this...

McCarthy/Button
    Bavies, TAA, Egan ( KWP, Struijk)
    Auba, Salah, ASM, Ward-Pr, Soucek
    Vardy, Kane (Brewster)

What value are you putting on premium midfielders. 10m and over? or would you class the likes of Son/Havertz etc. as premium?

Yeah 10m+ - Son and Havertz could become them - but you would expect Fernandes, Salah, Mane, Auba, Sterling, KDB to highest scoring mids in whatever order.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Haven't put much effort into this in previous years, but I've gone for this after some thought:

Ramsdale (Nyland)
    TAA Robbo Doherty Lascelles (KWP)
    Auba Alli Son ASM (Lundstram)
    Werner Adams (Mitro)

I'd love some feedback on it since I usually seem to give up on FPL early on most seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

martyos121 wrote: »
    Haven't put much effort into this in previous years, but I've gone for this after some thought:

Ramsdale (Nyland)
    TAA Robbo Doherty Lascelles (KWP)
    Auba Alli Son ASM (Lundstram)
    Werner Adams (Mitro)

I'd love some feedback on it since I usually seem to give up on FPL early on most seasons.

I'd take Ali out, not sure for who, maybe Zaha or a punt on James R?

Looks good though.

I'd take Ali out, not sure for who, maybe Zaha or a punt on James R?

Looks good though.

I assume Ali/Son are in for week 1/2 and as placeholders for Chelsea/United Mids

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah Alli is probably temporary unless he surprises us all, will likely try and squeeze Bruno in for him by downgrading on Son or Robertson in GW2. Spurs do look good for points in the first 8 weeks though with their fixture list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hi All,

Following this thread last few years and have decided to take the plunge and join Boards.

What do ye make of this...

McCarthy/Button
    Bavies, TAA, Egan ( KWP, Struijk)
    Auba, Salah, ASM, Ward-Pr, Soucek
    Vardy, Kane (Brewster)

Thats an excellent team - I'd ditch Brewster unless he switches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Martinez (Button)
    Tierney Foyth KWP Johnson (Taylor)
    Auba Pereira Son Mane (Romeu)
    Antonio Werner (Martial)

Mane -> KDB week 2 or 3.

I fancy Tierney this year to be a great alternative to TAA. He started in a back 3 recently because Arsenal were short on cbs but they have signed 2 cbs recently which will push him back out to the wing

Martinez may be changed to McCarthy or Ryan, not sure yet. I am also thinking of changing Taylor to another 4.5 but I can't think who to change him for

All opinions welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I can't get away from having two of
    Aubumyang
    Salah/Mane
    KDB/Sterling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

darego wrote: »
    Martinez (Button)
    Tierney Foyth KWP Johnson (Taylor)
    Auba Pereira Son Mane (Romeu)
    Antonio Werner (Martial)
    Double Arsenal defence :eek:
    I don't think Foyth starts, I like Johnson for week 1 and then bench fodder.
    I have about 5 players ahead of Antonio in that price bracket.

All easy fixes tho, I like the structure of the team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Double Arsenal defence :eek:
    I don't think Foyth starts, I like Johnson for week 1 and then bench fodder.
    I have about 5 players ahead of Antonio in that price bracket.

All easy fixes tho, I like the structure of the team

Cheers! I was 50/50 between Martinez and McCarthy and may well change them. I was hoping to see Aurier leaving and that's why I had Foyth but it looks like I will have to change him now also.

Antonio's goals and assists per minutes played from last season look really good to me, especially for that price. Who would you recommend putting ahead of him out of curiosity? I took Mitrovic out for him when I seen Antonio's stats

darego wrote: »
    Cheers! I was 50/50 between Martinez and McCarthy and may well change them. I was hoping to see Aurier leaving and that's why I had Foyth but it looks like I will have to change him now also.

Antonio's goals and assists per minutes played from last season look really good to me, especially for that price. Who would you recommend putting ahead of him out of curiosity? I took Mitrovic out for him when I seen Antonio's stats

Spurs bought Doherty

Johnstone/Button

TAA/Roberston/KWP (Douglas/Burr)

PEA/Salah/M Pereira/ASM/Reed

Werner/Adams (Martial)

Thoughts welcomed.

I had Hazertz in but decided yesterday to drop him & Werner and get H Kane instead, but went against Kane after seeing him for England last night.

I'm tempted to leave Werner out and hope he doesn't score to look for an edge but nobody is screaming out to me.

If I knew who Pep is going to start up front I'd try / will try to get them in.

I'd love to try to get Mahrez in later too I think he'll be brilliant his year.

for now obviously Martial in for Reed in WK2 and most likely transfer KDB in for Salah.

This is an excellent team IMO.

All those players are in my thinking but I’ve yet to see double Pool defence with Salah and looking as good.

I had Perreira, Adams & considered Martial plans right up to the end.

Suppose what you have done different to me from a structure perspective is

Salah for Son
    Adams for Richarlison
    Martial for Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I am also on the double Pool defense Salah lineup.

Johnstone
    KWP/ TAA / Robbo
    Aubameyang/ Salah /Traore / Doucoure
    Wilson Mitrovic Werner

Bench; Steer Justin Branth Bissouma

Only person I'm not happy with is Doucoure so may tinker there

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Here's my latest iteration, plus 0.5 ITB

Johnstone (Ryan)
    TAA - KWP - Ben Davies (Justin - C Taylor)
    Salah - Auba - Son - Soucek (Reed)
    Werner - Mitro - Wilson

Forever an advocate of the cheap defence, I'm just biting the bullet and getting Trent. Not quite going for the Robbo double up yet :pac:

Ben Davies feels like a luxury, but I got fed up of figuring out which other 4.5 options to go for.

Button would be a gift in the set and forget world but I feel like there's potential for postponement with covid so having 15 playing players spread around is a reasonably sensible idea, plus if WBA turn out to be terrible I still have Ryan to cover my ass/give me a headache!

Midfield seems obvious. Not sure if I'm proud or disgusted at the Soucek love, and also have those quarantine fears? Reed is a 4.5 mid that plays right?

Son seems too good to turn down at his price. It's gonna be impossible to cover everything though, and while I originally had Greenwood on the bench in a 5 man midfield, there's enough question marks over his Iceland situation to convince me to worry about him if he becomes a problem for me later on!

The front 3. What could possibly go wrong huh? :pac:

It feels balanced overall I think, although I'm clearly a traditionalist 3-4-3 FPL man who enjoys his attacking players and plugging gaps at the back...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Martinez (Nyland)
    TAA, KWP, Vinagre (Douglas, Bernardo)
    Salah, Auba, KDB, Saka (Reed)
    Werner, Adams, Mitro

Bit nervous about no Utd?
    Mitchell over Bernardo maybe?
    Weirdly want DCL too.

Any opinions very welcomed, little worried about Leno issue either so could move to Saliba or Holding...

Thanks!

Here's my latest iteration, plus 0.5 ITB

Johnstone (Ryan)
    TAA - KWP - Ben Davies (Justin - C Taylor)
    Salah - Auba - Son - Soucek (Reed)
    Werner - Mitro - Wilson

Forever an advocate of the cheap defence, I'm just biting the bullet and getting Trent. Not quite going for the Robbo double up yet :pac:

Ben Davies feels like a luxury, but I got fed up of figuring out which other 4.5 options to go for.

Button would be a gift in the set and forget world but I feel like there's potential for postponement with covid so having 15 playing players spread around is a reasonably sensible idea, plus if WBA turn out to be terrible I still have Ryan to cover my ass/give me a headache!

Midfield seems obvious. Not sure if I'm proud or disgusted at the Soucek love, and also have those quarantine fears? Reed is a 4.5 mid that plays right?

Son seems too good to turn down at his price. It's gonna be impossible to cover everything though, and while I originally had Greenwood on the bench in a 5 man midfield, there's enough question marks over his Iceland situation to convince me to worry about him if he becomes a problem for me later on!

The front 3. What could possibly go wrong huh? :pac:

It feels balanced overall I think, although I'm clearly a traditionalist 3-4-3 FPL man who enjoys his attacking players and plugging gaps at the back...

I’m pretty sure Soucek is in self isolation & unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Latest draft has me with:

Ryan, McCarthy
    Tarkowski, van Dijk, Doherty, Lascelles, Webster
    Auba, KDB, Son, Lundstram, Jorginho
    Ings, Wilson, Mitrovic

0 ITB.
    I'm thinking of maybe Webster to Dallas for no monetary difference.
    I am slightly concerned about not having TAA and Werner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Latest draft has me with:

Ryan, McCarthy
    Tarkowski, van Dijk, Doherty, Lascelles, Webster
    Auba, KDB, Son, Lundstram, Jorginho
    Ings, Wilson, Mitrovic

0 ITB.
    I'm thinking of maybe Webster to Dallas for no monetary difference.
    I am slightly concerned about not having TAA and Werner.

Be very surprised if Jorginho gets much gametime, I'd downgrade him to a 4.5 and use the 0.5 elsewhere.

Advertisement