Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Just to throw a spanner in the works....

Salah scored in the opening match with Liverpool the last 3 seasons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

Hi folks, best of luck with your mini leagues this season,
    Getting close to final draft now I hope!

Johnstone Button
    TAA Robertson C Taylor KWP Douglas
    Salah Auba Ali Armstrong Reed
    Werner Adams Mitrovic
    0.5 itb

I usually start with 2 playing keepers but money seems to be tighter this year, plan on selling Auba for KdB after 2 weeks and probably sacrifice one of the cheap strikers to fund a move for an early band wagon in midfield.
    Douglas is a cheap defender who has a chance of a start but he could change yet.
    Any feed back welcome cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

With covid is it more important than ever before to have a strong subs bench? Seeing all these enablers could be risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Any thoughts on who will be the starting keeper for villa?...could be a cheap way of getting two playing keepers...at least until Heaton gets back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

eh i dunno wrote: »
    With covid is it more important than ever before to have a strong subs bench? Seeing all these enablers could be risky.

Yea I think having 2 duds on the bench is risky this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Here's my latest iteration, plus 0.5 ITB

Johnstone (Ryan)
    TAA - KWP - Ben Davies (Justin - C Taylor)
    Salah - Auba - Son - Soucek (Reed)
    Werner - Mitro - Wilson

Forever an advocate of the cheap defence, I'm just biting the bullet and getting Trent. Not quite going for the Robbo double up yet :pac:

Ben Davies feels like a luxury, but I got fed up of figuring out which other 4.5 options to go for.

Button would be a gift in the set and forget world but I feel like there's potential for postponement with covid so having 15 playing players spread around is a reasonably sensible idea, plus if WBA turn out to be terrible I still have Ryan to cover my ass/give me a headache!

Midfield seems obvious. Not sure if I'm proud or disgusted at the Soucek love, and also have those quarantine fears? Reed is a 4.5 mid that plays right?

Son seems too good to turn down at his price. It's gonna be impossible to cover everything though, and while I originally had Greenwood on the bench in a 5 man midfield, there's enough question marks over his Iceland situation to convince me to worry about him if he becomes a problem for me later on!

The front 3. What could possibly go wrong huh? :pac:

It feels balanced overall I think, although I'm clearly a traditionalist 3-4-3 FPL man who enjoys his attacking players and plugging gaps at the back...

Good team, can't fault most of that.

The one problem I see though is Soucek as he has been self-isolating recently and missed a lot of training sessions so I've a feeling he won't start the weekend and then his fixtures are poor for a while.

Reed should be nailed on yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Early draft for me so advice welcome

Ryan Mccarthy

Taa Digne James kwp taylor

Fernandes alli willian asm stephens

Ings Vardy richarlison

Aiming to have 15 starters especially at the start of the season with covid and players not match fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Good team, can't fault most of that.

The one problem I see though is Soucek as he has been self-isolating recently and missed a lot of training sessions so I've a feeling he won't start the weekend and then his fixtures are poor for a while.

Reed should be nailed on yeah.

Is Reed 100% nailed?

Anguissa and Lemina also competing for that position

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is Reed 100% nailed?

Anguissa and Lemina also competing for that position

Yeah there's a bit of competition alright but there's always the chance they all start in a midfield 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

darego wrote: »
    Cheers! I was 50/50 between Martinez and McCarthy and may well change them. I was hoping to see Aurier leaving and that's why I had Foyth but it looks like I will have to change him now also.

Antonio's goals and assists per minutes played from last season look really good to me, especially for that price. Who would you recommend putting ahead of him out of curiosity? I took Mitrovic out for him when I seen Antonio's stats

I have Adams, Wood and Wilson in my team and would porbably have Mitrovic ahead of Antonio too (and I'm a West Ham fan). I actually think Moyes is gonna try to reset Haller, and go with him up top with Antonio playing wide.

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure Soucek is in self isolation & unavailable.

But on the plus side, he can't get Coronavirus again, so is nailed on once he's cleared

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I think this will be a bit over played, even if there's a 3/4 weeks where games are cancelled, and you're relying on these players, it's not worth weakening your starting XI for the other 34 weeks to manage that risk

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    But on the plus side, he can't get Coronavirus again, so is nailed on once he's cleared

There's been a case of someone getting reinfected so don't be so sure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

McCarthy, Nyland

TAA, Robertson, Doherty, Vinagre, Branthwaite

Auba, Salah, Greenwood, Oriol Romeu, Stephens

Werner, Wilson, Mitrovic

Settled on this team for the moment. Are the 3 Liverpool players overkill? Should I downgrade one of them in order to make the team more balanced?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Johnstone button
    Vinagre TAA KWP Mitchell Justin
    Salah aubema son soucek havertz
    Jimenez mitro Davis

I have 1 mill in bank - thinking martial for Jimenez in GW2

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pinkpencil

Ramsdale , Martin
    AAT , Bashem, Cancelo, Salisu ,Ayling
    Salah, Keita, Greenwood, Ward-Prowse, Bowen
    Vardy, Martial, Wilson

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Johnstone button
    Vinagre TAA KWP Mitchell Justin
    Salah aubema son soucek havertz
    Jimenez mitro Davis

I have 1 mill in bank - thinking martial for Jimenez in GW2

Vinagre isn't a dead cert to start, neither is Soucek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

pinkpencil wrote: »
    Ramsdale , Martin
    AAT , Bashem, Cancelo, Salisu ,Ayling
    Salah, Keita, Greenwood, Ward-Prowse, Bowen
    Vardy, Martial, Wilson

Interesting. Without wanting to tell you what to do, I'd certainly get rid of Keita and Salisu however.

Neither are nailed on. Keita simply isn't a good Fantasy asset even for 5.5..

You have 3 players without a gw one. I'd advise carrying a max of 1 blank player (City, Utd, Villa, Burnley).and of you want have a plan to transfer one or 2 in for gw 2

So you'd need everyone else to play to field 11 in gameweek one.

You don't have any bench fodder. Remember you only need to play 11 each week so you can afford to carry one 4.0 def or 4.5 mid/fwd depending on your formation. Starting 4.5 mids are generally popular as if one of your starters doesn't play, they're generally reliable for 2 pts or on the odd occasion nicking a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

First draft.

GK: West Brom duo
    DF: TAA - B Davies - KWP - Justin - (Shaw)
    MD: Auba - Salah - Havertz - Alli - (4.5)
    FD: Werner - Adams - (4.5)

I'll have to wait for Friday to make final decisions with Alli, Havertz, and Adams. I reckon Werner is nailed from the beginning. Could easily do Mitrovic > Adams and work my team around to fit Kane in. He was a shoe in in my team but I worry his explosive form at the end of the season could've been curtailed by the English sides form. Think United will continue their defensive solidness at the back so that's why I'm taking the chance with Shaw to sit out GW1. Plan is to WC after the transfer window shuts around GW4-5 ish. Any thoughts very welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Johnstone Ryan

TAA Robbo KWP Taylor Kilman

Auba Son Rodriguez ASM Reed

Werner Antonio Ings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Johnstone Button
    TAA Doherty KWP Vinagre Justin
    Salah Auba Armstrong Saint-Max Gordon
    Werner Mitrovic Martial

Id prefer Ward Prowse and Ritchie instead of Armstrong and Saint-Max if it looked like Ritchie was going to start.

If it looks like Vinagre isn’t starting I’ll move him onto Ferguson

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

McCarthy (Nyland)

TAA Doherty Vinagre (Egan) (Justin)

Mane Havertz ASM Auba (c) Armstrong

Werner Adams (Brewster)

Didn't take as long as I thought to settle on my team. 0.5 in the bank left. Will use it to upgrade Vinagre to Saiss if that situation changes in the next day or so.

Callum Robinson going to WBA makes me think Brewster may go to Sheffield Utd now so at 4.5m is worth a punt. He's bench fodder anyway. Fernandes to come in Week 2 and KDB in gameweek 3 is the plan.

McCarthy (Nyland)

TAA Doherty Vinagre (Egan) (Justin)

Mane Havertz ASM Auba (c) Armstrong

Werner Adams (Brewster)

Didn't take as long as I thought to settle on my team. 0.5 in the bank left. Will use it to upgrade Vinagre to Saiss if that situation changes in the next day or so.

Callum Robinson going to WBA makes me think Brewster may go to Sheffield Utd now so at 4.5m is worth a punt. He's bench fodder anyway. Fernandes to come in Week 2 and KDB in gameweek 3 is the plan.

Robinson wasnt at Sheff U for the majority of last year and they coped just fine. I just dont see how Brewster fits their style at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

My team is nearly finalised bar some 4.5 defenders and up top.

Biggest dilemma is:

A) Ings & 4.5 DF (Vinagre at present)
    B) Adams & Robertson

Currently I have

Johnstone | Button

Ayling | TAA | KWP | Lamptey | Robertson/Vinagre

Salah | Auba | Son | ASM | Bissouma

Werner | Davis/fodder) | Ings/Adams

0.5 ITB

Agree with the converstion in the general chat, this year is incredible tough to settle on a team.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    McCarthy, Steer

TAA, Saliva, Peters, Vinagre, Braithwaite

KDB, Salah, Son, Pulisic, Gordon

Martial, Wood, Bamford

First draft, obviously subject to fixtures and whims etc.

You are looking at 8 potential non starters in GW1

Remember City, United, Villa and Burnley have no game

Even post that 4/5 defenders have serious question marks over them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

McCarthy (4.0)
    TAA Robertson Doherty Tierney
    Auba Son Soucek (4.5 4.5)
    Werner Ings Jimenez

Getting closer, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Vinagre isn't a dead cert to start, neither is Soucek

neither is Mitchell or Justin - are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

manual_man wrote: »
    McCarthy (4.0)
    TAA Robertson Doherty Tierney
    Auba Son Soucek (4.5 4.5)
    Werner Ings Jimenez

Getting closer, I think

A lot of money tied up in forwards, what's your plan for Salah/Mane/Fernandes/KDB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Hi lads

Finished yesterday on this

Ryan Walton
    TAA KWP Tierney Doherty Douglas
    Mane PEA Son ASM Stephens/4.5
    Werner DCL Brewster

I’m now thinking
    Doherty - Davies
    Tierney - C Taylor allows me
    Brewster - Callum Wilson

We can’t be certain on Doherty or Davies but I think Davies is a player José likes
    Tierney as a wing back appeals too me but he might start left of the 3 and Brewster won’t be an option without a loan move I feel. Anyone see any flaws in those 3 moves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

My team for week 1:

McCarthy - (Martin)
    TAA - Walker Peters - Doherty - Egan - (Ayling)
    Salah - Auba - Son - Saint Maximin - (Pereira)
    Werner - Mitrovic - (Obafemi)

Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Advertisement